Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously???

Yes seriously. It's the height of arrogance on your part to tell me my opinion is worth shit because I haven't read the books.

---------- Updated at 01:54 AM ----------

Not sure if srs ....

Yes, farry, I'm very serious. Read what he wrote:

Its very hard to take your opinion seriously because the books are just too important.

Hard to take my opinion seriously? His hubris is astounding. Nothing pisses me off more on these forums than those who've read the books telling us who haven't our opinion isn't worth it because we haven't read them. It happens far too often.

Yes seriously. It's the height of arrogance on your part to tell me my opinion is worth shit because I haven't read the books.

Don't put words in my mouth, please. I was trying to hint you that people will respect your opinion more when you will read the books...

EDIT: Sorry, it didn't sound how I wanted, I meant it better, though english isnt my native language. Sorry for offending you.

Last edited:
Yes, farry, I'm very serious. Read what he wrote:

Don't put words in my mouth, please. I was trying to hint you that people will respect your opinion more when you will read the books...

EDIT: Sorry, it didn't sound how I wanted, I meant it better, though english isnt my native language. Sorry for offending you.

-Well, in Triss case mostly you don't need to read the book to understand her.
-And Yen, simple, she love Geralt and Ciri in the book, Geralt return his feeling to her. And they are somehow a "family"

I don't think book knowledge is needed here. It only make you understand more about "other" character (Crach, Ermion, Emhyr etc)

Still CDPR didn't do a good job for newcomer :facepalm:
WOW, Did you write this?
One small mistake: "She departed with Geralt of Rivia (We know the decision wasn't hers)" ofcourse it was her decision, whose esle's?
No it is Pryce68, the one who have gone...I simply copy it to use later :devil:

For me, it more like Geralt's decision.
-Geralt know Yen isn't in danger from Letho's word, so Triss help him find her is no need.
-He decide to break her heart because he confuse with his feeling about two woman and Triss know it will come sooner or later, so she just accept her fate and move on....
-In elven bath,
+Triss promise to find Yen with Geralt to the end of the world
+Triss:" If you want to go alone, i'll understand....and i won't try to persuade you otherwise"
---> So there is no reason for her to say goodbye to Geralt.

Apology accepted but I would weigh your words more carefully in future because you came across as judgemental and you are in no position to judge me simply because you've read a book I haven't. My opinions are always caveated by the assertion that I am basing them solely upon the games and life experience. People who post in this thread regularly know full well I haven't read the books but always have the courtesy to respect my opinions nonetheless. Not everyone has the time, money or inclination to buy and read the books but that does not mean their opinions are worth less than anyone else's. Any opinion that is well thought out and presented through intelligent argument should be respected, whether or not you agree with them.

For me, it more like Geralt's decision.
For me too. Triss was ready yo go to the end of world with Geralt. But he when fully remembered Yen found him self loving deeply Yen and Triss. He needed time to clear his head and to find Yen, he needed to understand who he loves most.

That why I don't like the answer that Geralt gives to Yen - but I was lost my memory, like when he regain it he loves only Yen, not mine Geralt! Mine loves them both!
Spending some time with Triss in Novigrad while they searched for Dandelion and then going to Skellige to Yen, he realised that he loves Triss more. That why he breaks up with Yen, not because magic is gone. IMO magic was gone in "Time of Contempt" where they starts to love each other without any magic.
This is how I feel it.

Last edited:
For me too. Triss was ready yo go to the end of world with Geralt. But he when fully remembered Yen found him self loving deeply Yen and Triss. He needed time to clear his head and to find Yen, he needed to understand who he loves most.

That why I don't like the answer that Geralt gives to Yen - but I was lost my memory, like when he regain it he loves only Yen, not mine Geralt! Mine loves them both!
Spending some time with Triss in Novigrad while they searched for Dandelion and then going to Skellige to Yen, he realised that he loves Triss more. That why he breaks up with Yen, not because magic is gone. IMO magic was gone in "Time of Contempt" where they starts to love each other without any magic.
This is how I feel it.

-Always avoid the amnesia excuse. Seriously in all my playthough, Geralt remember Yennefer in the prologue, but proceed to have a best sex scene in gaming history ever :lol:
-I just imagine Geralt don't know how to say good-bye to Yen, then the Last Wish come, he simply said because of the Wish to decrease the guilt <---- typical man, try to find something to blame on :whistle:

Btw, i love Geralt face expression when Triss is leaving, look like he want to cry :cry:

Not to mention 2 books have yet to be translated into a language I can read, so like some, I can't read all the books yet. Just giving a reason for some ppl not reading them.

@farrysquallko
Yeah was pretty worried when I got to that part lol didn't think it was going to turn out that well. the romantic in me was sobbing.

Was I figured it would but was still worried

Not to mention 2 books have yet to be translated into a language I can read, so like some, I can't read all the books yet. Just giving a reason for some ppl not reading them.

@farrysquallko
Yeah was pretty worried when I got to that part lol didn't think it was going to turn out that well. the romantic in me was sobbing.

Was I figured it would but was still worried

You can always download two last book in the internet ;)

Triss left. Froze for 4 second. Waiting for cutscene end to press "New Game". Phew, she come back :lol:

I see it like that too. When Geralt recovered his memory he had a lot of things to sort out. He had to find Yennefer and it would have been unfair to Triss to leave her hanging in the balance. They reluctantly agreed to part ways.

"If you love someone, set them free. If they come back they're yours; if they don't they never were."

In my game, Geralt comes back to Triss :wub:

I see it like that too. When Geralt recovered his memory he had a lot of things to sort out. He had to find Yennefer and it would have been unfair to Triss to leave her hanging in the balance. They reluctantly agreed to part ways.

"If you love someone, set them free. If they come back they're yours; if they don't they never were."

In my game, Geralt comes back to Triss :wub:

And that is a great way of looking at it, Triss was unsure where she stood, Geralt had to clear up his 'loose ends/unknown feelings' and in that he could come back to Triss devoted to her.

Did anyone here ever choose "good thing woman can changeable" when Triss return to the dock ? I think it very rude toward Triss consider she just come back for Geralt. Imagine after this choice she will teleport back to the ship and leave this idiot forever :lol:

I was amazed when that option came up....i was like "dude she just came back for you and that is what you want to say"....honestly Triss could of chucked Geralt through a portal at that stage and just said "oh shit, i made the wrong choice" and then teleports back to the ship.

Yet selecting that plays out no differently to saying "thank you" lol.

I was amazed when that option came up....i was like "dude she just came back for you and that is what you want to say"....honestly Triss could of chucked Geralt through a portal at that stage and just said "oh shit, i made the wrong choice" and then teleports back to the ship.

Yet selecting that plays out no differently to saying "thank you" lol.

-What ? Did you mean there is no different ?? :eredinfacepalm:
-If Geralt said it, i will recommend Triss to find another boyfriend in Kovir...Then Dijkstra will have another chance to lecture that "An ass. An oaf. A twit" right after this scene :(

Seriously if i said it to my girlfriend (if i have one :lol:) then what i get is a slap and a good-bye message for sure ....

Did anyone here ever choose "good thing woman can changeable" when Triss return to the dock ? I think it very rude toward Triss consider she just come back for Geralt. Imagine after this choice she will teleport back to the ship and leave this idiot forever :lol:

All this scene including their conversation in Lighthouse reminds me "good bay" scene from "Casablanca" We'll Always Have Paris Kaer Morhen.

---------- Updated at 12:24 PM ----------

Seriously if i said it to my girlfriend (if i have one ) then what i get is a slap and a good-bye message for sure ....
If mine boyfriend would said that after I returned to him, I'll definitely slap him and go away without any message.

-What ? Did you mean there is no different ??

The reaction from Triss (and even Djikstra) remains the same if you select that option as opposed to selecting "Thank you".....Triss still says "Djikstra no offense" and smiles....if it was real life, then i can't imagine saying that would go down well......Geralt better play it smooth without acting like a jerk lol.

"Thank you".....Triss still says "Djikstra no offense" and smiles....if it was real life, then i can't imagine saying that would go down well......Geralt better play it smooth without acting like a jerk lol.
It's stupid that she didn't react differently, it's really stupid that there is no difference. :eredinfacepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom