Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reaction from Triss (and even Djikstra) remains the same if you select that option as opposed to selecting "Thank you".....Triss still says "Djikstra no offense" and smiles....if it was real life, then i can't imagine saying that would go down well......Geralt better play it smooth without acting like a jerk lol.

So i dig though the Witcher 3 guide, and find something interesting:

Now or Never, after Triss go to the boat
Return to Dijkstra, who tells you of his own failed love story (which you can listen to or not). Then, only if the following circumstances have been fulfilled, Triss returns to shore, shocked at your passion. You need to:
-Kiss her during the masquerade ball (Secondary Quest: A Matter of Life and Death).
-Not have told her that you couldn’t help her with the mages, at the beginning of this quest; you must agree to help.
-Tell her “I love you” at this point. Answer her politely (don’t say she’s “changeable,” or anything unpleasant), and she tells you she knows a spot where you can watch the ships.”

So i wonder CDPR want to add the scene Triss dumb Geralt if he try to said that line :lol:

Still, the guide is wrong about a lot of thing though, especially about Triss
-It said in Battle of Kaer Mohen Triss exchanges pleasantries with you, more knowingly if you are romantically involved with her at this time...
-Ha i see they change the one in Skellige :lol: There are no more flirtatious conversations between you, Yennefer, or Triss. (before it said there are more...) However, if you attempted the threesome during Secondary Quest: It Takes Three to Tango (by romancing both women throughout your adventure to that point), you can speak to either Yennefer, or Triss, or both, about this embarrassing and failed tryst
^Oh well, but CDPR confirm those two are not bug :(
All this scene including their conversation in Lighthouse reminds me "good bay" scene from "Casablanca" We'll Always Have Paris Kaer Morhen.
Very old film, but watching it now. No subtitle make it harder ...

If mine boyfriend would said that after I returned to him, I'll definitely slap him and go away without any message.

That.....harsh. But he deserve it :realmad:

I did it!! :lol:

Then reloaded a save and choose the other option :lol:

Hope it isn't your first playthough, because it isn't nice, the woman just come back for you :popo:

Last edited:
Still, the guide is wrong about a lot of thing though, especially about Triss

I haven't read the guide, i only go by what people say on this forum.....but the more i hear of it the more i think the guide is just messing around with Triss fans (ok i am joking), but when i saw that option i thought it would be like a "DO NOT PRESS" type button, because if you did then all that hard work of getting Triss back with Geralt would have negative consequences.....besides if Geralt said that to Yen

Geralt: Good thing women can be changeable
Yen: Well then this time i should teleport you over land instead of water....breathtaking that view, to die for!
Geralt: Ehh i am sure it will be a great view
Triss: Just do it Yen, i am leaving for Kovir without him

And so on :)

I agree, i am not sure why it was put there if the result/dialogue evidently remains the same.....i guess it was just put there for the player to act like a 'rebel'....still seems one of the worst things to say to her after everything that just went down.
It literally mean all woman can change her mind after Geralt sweet talk them, and then three-some, four-some is no problem .......

So, i rarely said it, but Triss reaction to this choice is completely OCC and it should be remove or change to some fun consequence :rofl:

But also they said it doesn't mean that they didn't consider it as issue, so hope is here for a conversation on boat not only WELL.

Yep after they said this, i think CDPR don't want to bind Triss's fix to what the guide said, they want the freedom to choose how the fix Triss content <--- It can be a good thing and a bad thing at the time :p

I haven't read the guide, i only go by what people say on this forum.....but the more i hear of it the more i think the guide is just messing around with Triss fans (ok i am joking),
Bought it for 5 $. And all it do is try to ruin my playthough with Triss :(

Last edited:
Bought it for 5 $. And all it do is try to ruin my playthough with Triss

It is evil! beware! it will give you a false sense of security that the interactions with Triss will be there and be meaningful and when you play through the game, by the end you will use the guide as firewood!.....

---------- Updated at 10:03 AM ----------

I'm more positive on this, I hope for good things, till they'll come.

Absolutely, the devs are taking their time and that usually (not always, but usually) is a good sign and that we are not wrong to be hopeful/positive about it.

I think the "well" issue would be top of their priorities or close to it when it comes to the Triss fixes.

For me, the piority is:
1)Before final battle

2)Well in the boat

3)Some talk about the kiss

4)Just fix those 3 above and i am happy :evil:

but when i saw that option i thought it would be like a "DO NOT PRESS" type button, because if you did then all that hard work of getting Triss back with Geralt would have negative consequences.....
My hand is shaking when Triss come back in first playthough, then when this option appear i was afraid one mis-click and i am....doom :lol:

besides if Geralt said that to Yen
Geralt: Good thing women can be changeable
Yen: Well then this time i should teleport you over land instead of water....breathtaking that view, to die for!
Geralt: Ehh i am sure it will be a great view
Triss: Just do it Yen, i am leaving for Kovir without him

And so on :)

He is lucky, a quick death, certainly say this thing to two powerfull sorceress isn't going to end that well :devil:

It is evil! beware! it will give you a false sense of security that the interactions with Triss will be there and be meaningful and when you play through the game, by the end you will use the guide as firewood!.....

Nah i buy the digital guide, because of that i mention they change one thing in the guide only now i notice

But can you imagine my depress when the guide said there is a flirt talk while in actual game it doesn't :cry:
---> This is why i joined Triss old topic :devil:

I'm more positive on this, I hope for good things, till they'll come.
:whistle:

Last edited:
Did anyone here ever choose "good thing woman can changeable" when Triss return to the dock ? I think it very rude toward Triss consider she just come back for Geralt. Imagine after this choice she will teleport back to the ship and leave this idiot forever :lol:

Thought women are changeable was Geralt trying to be witty. First time round I went with thank you option and that felt a pretty terrible way of responding to the situation. 2nd time round went for changeable but delivery felt odd too. Overall neither line feels good to me.

Thought women are changeable was Geralt trying to be witty. First time round I went with thank you option and that felt a pretty terrible way of responding to the situation. 2nd time round went for changeable but delivery felt odd too. Overall neither line feels good to me.

I actually think the "Good thing women are changeable" seems pretty bad when looking at it, but when Geralt delivers the line it seems more like just a humorous line mainly directed at Dijkstra.

Yeah, agree with you, "Thank you" choice seem odd to, but definitely better than the other. I don't find any joke when Geralt said "good thing woman can changeable", just terrible way to express your feeling when your girlfriend finally come back to you :(

If it up to me, i will let Geralt walk to and hug her, simple way to demonstrate his feeling ;)

I actually think the "Good thing women are changeable" seems pretty bad when looking at it, but when Geralt delivers the line it seems more like just a humorous line mainly directed at Dijkstra.
Interesting, but i don't think Dijkstra and Phillipa have anything to do here, can you explain your thought more ;)

Seems like you know something...... :popo:

:lol:

:what3: I know nothing, my name is Jon Snow :whistle:

That could be a good explanation for it....i think it is one of those lines that can be misinterpreted by the player, to some it may seem like an 'attack' towards Triss or it could be seen as something of a humorous joke, i still think it looks out of place, i mean he was looking sad when he saw the boat leave, then he sees Triss choosing him and staying and for him to straight away say to Triss "good thing women are changeable" looks bad, but i guess it depends on how the player views it.

---------- Updated at 10:27 AM ----------

Agree with you there, neither option really felt right for that particular moment and it didn't sound right either, i mean there are other things Geralt could of said, but we only get those two options.

Agree with you there, neither option really felt right for that particular moment and it didn't sound right either, i mean there are other things Geralt could of said, but we only get those two options.

Should we go with, Geralt and his mutation make him do a terrible job at express his feeling ??? But I think it only affect face's expression, not the way he talk right ?

Yeah, agree with you, "Thank you" choice seem odd to, but definitely better than the other. I don't find any joke when Geralt said "good thing woman can changeable", just terrible way to express your feeling when your girlfriend finally come back to you :(

If it up to me, i will let Geralt walk to and hug her, simple way to demonstrate his feeling ;)

:what3: I know nothing, my name is Jon Snow :whistle:

Think both things are equally bad to say in that situation. as you say demonstrating his feeling might have been better.

That could be a good explanation for it....i think it is one of those lines that can be misinterpreted by the player, to some it may seem like an 'attack' towards Triss or it could be seen as something of a humorous joke, i still think it looks out of place, i mean he was looking sad when he saw the boat leave, then he sees Triss choosing him and staying and for him to straight away say to Triss "good thing women are changeable" looks bad, but i guess it depends on how the player views it.

Yeah I guess it does seem out of place for Geralt to be making a joke after such a relief and in such a happy moment, maybe he reacts the only way he can, by being witty :p

Should we go with, Geralt and his mutation make him do a terrible job at express his feeling ??? But I think it only affect face's expression, not the way he talk right ?

Whatever Geralts reasoning for saying either of those options, well we as the player only get to speculate considering he does have emotions and feelings (it isn't like he has brain damage to affect his limbic system) so maybe even smiling at Triss and saying something better (or what we think would be more appropriate to say) would suit the scene better...obviously it isn't THAT important because it leads to the same outcome (lighthouse scene), but it still feels and sounds a bit out of place imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom