Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehh Radovid is just jealous of the mages and their power lol, but in regards to your question save Triss for me was the priority (ok i am biased but still), after all Geralt cares about the people close to him and that would imo take precedent over tracking Letho.

-Triss gets kidnapped, Geralt tries to track her down
- Chooses either Iorveths or Roches path, with the Iorveth path having more emphasis on finding Triss
- Her getting kidnapped spans about half the game (side story/main story regardless.......whether it was Geralts priority or not is based on opinion, for me it was)
- Goes ape shit crazy on the Nilfgaardians for what they did to her
- Lovers get reunited....yahh!!!

Plus finding her felt so god damn satisfying.

-I think player with no elven bath scene will go with purse Letho canon, they don't have enough information to save Triss
-But after elven bath scene where Geralt decide to drop everything and go with Triss to find Yen (if you choose it), that is why Geralt need to save Triss from those filthy Nilfgaard

And Geralt don't care about polictic, so friend is the most important with him. Why he care about some witcher go around killing king while his friend in danger :p
Hmm, maybe I should replay it after my first playthrough with the Iorveth path to see how it goes :)

For me Roche path is lore friendly, while Ioverth path is more fun.

On Iorveth path is very hard to choose who to save Triss (You know that Letho will save her, and I like him, so he will be always alive in TW3) or free Saskia, very hard for me. On Roche path it's simple decision - only Triss.

Both path im simple to me, save Triss. Geralt's friend is Ioverth/Roche not Saskia/Anais.
-Geralt: Shilard said they got Triss. I have to free her before they put out her eyes, too :scared:
-Even Triss said the only thing she wait for is the executioner, anything could happen to her. While Saskia is "safe" right :whistle:

Geralt invovle too much in politic in Ioverth path IMO. He should go to Loc Muinne immediately after he learn Triss have been kidnapped by Nilfgaard, still he stay to help Saskia's cause.

On Iorveth path is very hard to choose who to save Triss (You know that Letho will save her, and I like him, so he will be always alive in TW3) or free Saskia, very hard for me. On Roche path it's simple decision - only Triss.

It was an easy decision for me, as Geralt (in my game) doesn't want to spent more time with Triss. I agree that this is a rough decision for people who care about Merigold.

---------- Updated at 01:12 PM ----------

Geralt invovle too much in politic in Ioverth path IMO. He should go to Loc Muinne immediately after he learn Triss have been kidnapped by Nilfgaard, still he stay to help Saskia's cause.

But... but... Saskia is so lovely... :(

:disgust:

Btw, want to ask everyone, what is your priority in Witcher 2? Pursue Letho or Save Triss ?
When I first played TW2, my goal at first was to kill Letho and clear Geralt's name, but as the game progressed I felt more and more that saving Triss and letting the rest of the world burn is the right thing to do. I played Geralt as completely neutral in TW1 and felt the he doesn't really care about politics and the fate of the world. I killed Letho(even though I started liking him at the end) only because I promised Roche to do so and he was very helpfull even though I ditched him to go after Triss. But I really like playing Geralt as a guy who only cares about a handful of loved ones and doesn't give two shits about the world's fate. It was refreshing playing like that because most games put you in a role of a chosen one destined to save the world somehow. And also in TW3, Geralt, the way I'm playing him only cares about Triss, Ciri and Yen, the rest can go to hell(I even let Radovid win the war in my first playthrough).

In first PT in TW2 I saved Triss, than in third I saved Saskia, and was glad, that Triss is free by Letho, 'cos I love tham all of three, no four. Triss, Saskia, Iorveth and Letho.
Knowing that Letho will save Triss makes that a completely legitimate choice(I really liked Saskia), however from roleplaying point of view, I don't see Geralt ever going after Saskia instead of Triss, I just can't make that choice. From game's perspective Geralt has no way of knowing that Triss will be saved, so putting her life at risk in favor of Saskia doesn't make sense to me, especially since my Geralt only cares about few people. Even though in TW3 saving Triss has no consequence I will always do it anyway, I like knowing that Geralt did all he could to help Triss when she needed it.

But I really like playing Geralt as a guy who only cares about a handful of loved ones and doesn't give two shits about the world's fate. It was refreshing playing like that because most games put you in a role of a chosen one destined to save the world somehow. And also in TW3, Geralt, the way I'm playing him only cares about Triss, Ciri and Yen, the rest can go to hell(I even let Radovid win the war in my first playthrough).

Very well said, with most RPGs you're pointed towards being a character that does whatever is best for the rest of the world, and does everything for the greater good, but it's very nice that in the Witcher we can play Geralt more realistically like you mentioned.

Geralt ain't gonna risk Triss no matter what :p :threaten:

When I first played TW2, my goal at first was to kill Letho and clear Geralt's name, but as the game progressed I felt more and more that saving Triss and letting the rest of the world burn is the right thing to do. I played Geralt as completely neutral in TW1 and felt the he doesn't really care about politics and the fate of the world. I killed Letho(even though I started liking him at the end) only because I promised Roche to do so and he was very helpfull even though I ditched him to go after Triss. But I really like playing Geralt as a guy who only cares about a handful of loved ones and doesn't give two shits about the world's fate. It was refreshing playing like that because most games put you in a role of a chosen one destined to save the world somehow. And also in TW3, Geralt, the way I'm playing him only cares about Triss, Ciri and Yen, the rest can go to hell(I even let Radovid win the war in my first playthrough).

I play W1 only one and choose neutral path, feel completely satisfied, Witcher is neutral after all, and because of one lines:
I am a witcher, i choose neutral <--- My principle when play W2 and W3 playthough

Letho help Yen (save Triss too if you don't save her), so Geralt consider him as friend and Geralt never kill his friend ;)

Geralt help killed Rad the lad because of Yen and Triss (consider he have a to-do list in Geralt's topic :devil:), then he kill Dijkstra because of Roche, Ves and Thaler

---> Everything he do, he do for his family, his friends ;)

WAIT. you only care about his family :popo:

In first PT in TW2 I saved Triss, than in third I saved Saskia, and was glad, that Triss is free by Letho, 'cos I love tham all of three, no four. Triss, Saskia, Iorveth and Letho.
My first playthough, i don't know anything, i even play Witcher 2 before 1. So i see the codex and witcher is neutral in politic matter, well let proceed like it then

-Look like Triss and Geralt is long time lover, they even share a nice moment in the bathhouse. WHAT? She get kidnapped by that SOB ?
-Geralt need to unleash hell to bring her back. Who care about Letho anymore after she said we should run away together. So i will help you Roche, for the time being
-Hmmm you want to help the kid, sorry bro Witcher don't involve in politic, btw Triss get tortured day by day in Nilfgaard dungeon, so bye

^ Exactly my thought in first playthough. Remember it like yesterday :lol:

But... but... Saskia is so lovely... :(

:disgust:

I give you RED point because of this line only :popo:

Knowing that Letho will save Triss makes that a completely legitimate choice(I really liked Saskia), however from roleplaying point of view, I don't see Geralt ever going after Saskia instead of Triss, I just can't make that choice. From game's perspective Geralt has no way of knowing that Triss will be saved, so putting her life at risk in favor of Saskia doesn't make sense to me, especially since my Geralt only cares about few people. Even though in TW3 saving Triss has no consequence I will always do it anyway, I like knowing that Geralt did all he could to help Triss when she needed it.
In books while Geralt was on road to save Ciri/Yen he helped a lot people by that way, so for me Geralt can help friends in need while friend-Letho will save Triss for Geralt.

---------- Updated at 04:39 PM ----------

I am a witcher, i choose neutral
And choose lesser evil, and for me it's to save Saskia and Triss saved by Letho.

For me it's hard decision, so I understand why Gerlat stays to help Saskia, because here is Zoltan and Dandelion. And with Iorveth he can do more, than going by himself in Nilfgaard camp, I know Geralt is capebale of many things, but he isn't immortal, and Triss need him alive.

Valid arguement, i also thought of this. But Geralt should just tell Zoltan, Dandelion to run. Consider every day passed mean the chance to see Triss again is smaller ....

And while in Roche path, Henselt forbid Geralt and Roche to sail. There is nothing to stop him in Ioverth path

And choose lesser evil, and for me it's to save Saskia and Triss saved by Letho.

But....but at this point we don't even know Letho gonna save Triss. When everything went to hell she might be bury under the debris :cry:

WAIT. you only care about his family
Yup pretty much, my Geralt is a selfish asshole :surprise:.

In books while Geralt was on road to save Ciri/Yen he helped a lot people by that way, so for me Geralt can help friends in need while friend-Letho will save Triss for Geralt.
What you are saying makes sense, even in TW3 he is helping a bunch of people along the way, but saving Triss feels much more satisfying to me, it's one of my favorite moments in TW2. I tried other options, just to see the different outcomes, but it can't compare to saving Triss at least to me.

Agreed completely. Additionally, while making this choice we definitely know that Triss is in danger and might be executed soon, while Saskia is not in danger at all. She is kinda controlled by Philippa, but nothing threatens her life. And considering the conseqences of choosing either saving Triss or "saving" Saskia, I'll still choose the first.

Hm, I remember my very first playthrough of TW2 back in 2011: I was going after Triss on Roche's path because I was mad at her - I wanted to know how much, how long and why she fed me with, let's call it that way, non-complete truth, and what was her exact real role in recent events. 'She's my friend' motivation was deep in the second place :)

What you are saying makes sense, even in TW3 he is helping a bunch of people along the way, but saving Triss feels much more satisfying to me, it's one of my favorite moments in TW2. I tried other options, just to see the different outcomes, but it can't compare to saving Triss at least to me.
I record for me games, to watch them later as a movie eithout playing it. So I made it like Geralt saves Saskia, than after Philippa fly away Geralt goes to Nilfgaard camp to save Triss, than when they say thats it's better go separate, Geralt meet Iorveth near arena and so on till Geralt found out that Letho protected Triss while Geralt with Iorveth was in arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom