Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
But I know after second PT ;)

:disgust: It is a sole comfort i find in this, still it doesn't justify the situation

^ Hope you regonize this line :devil:

I record for me games, to watch them later as a movie eithout playing it. So I made it like Geralt saves Saskia, than after Philippa fly away Geralt goes to Nilfgaard camp to save Triss, than when they say thats it's better go separate, Geralt meet Iorveth near arena and so on till Geralt found out that Letho protected Triss while Geralt with Iorveth was in arena.

:hmm: Very nice imagination i must say :p. Still when Geralt see Triss again (Letho save her), her voice sound somehow distance to Geralt because he didn't save her <--- And i think she is right, consider her friend/lover not rescue her when he is just small distance away

But everyone have their canon ;)

Last edited:
Just finished it and... wtf was Triss even doing on the boat!
I am about to face my greatest fear and fight him to the death and Triss who wants to spend the rest of her life with me... just says "good luck" !! are you kidding me. "Well?" that was just a bit disappointing.

Great story... but Triss.. "Well" i think enough has been said about that

Just finished it and... wtf was Triss even doing on the boat!
I am about to face my greatest fear and fight him to the death and Triss who wants to spend the rest of her life with me... just says "good luck" !! are you kidding me. "Well?" that was just a bit disappointing.

Great story... but Triss.. "Well" i think enough has been said about that

Yup, Act 3. The Act where, with the exception of Yen and Ciri, every other character in the story is ignored.

Yup, Act 3. The Act where, with the exception of Yen and Ciri, every other character in the story is ignored.

Yeah even the ending was a bit disappointing . The ending was still pretty cool in my playtrough with Ciri.
I thought is was awesome getting a sword and naming it... later giving it to Ciri while i(the player) found out she was still alive. That was very well done.But i have to say... i was hoping for more. Especially with "Well?" Triss, i cant speak for the Yen ending but i assume there is more there. I would have loved to see a cut scene of Triss and Geralt in Kovir. It being the last Geralt game :(, i think it deserved more than just some nice artwork.

Also i think this idea is very interesting http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/39674-Mega-SPOILERS-Immersion-Destroyer
Maybe something more can be done with Triss after the mainstory.

BTW: does anyone know what happened between 2 and 3 with Triss ?

Yeah even the ending was a bit disappointing . The ending was still pretty cool in my playtrough with Ciri.
I thought is was awesome getting a sword and naming it... later giving it to Ciri while i(the player) found out she was still alive. That was very well done.But i have to say... i was hoping for more. Especially with "Well?" Triss, i cant speak for the Yen ending but i assume there is more there. I would have loved to see a cut scene of Triss and Geralt in Kovir. It being the last Geralt game :(, i think it deserved more than just some nice artwork.

Also i think this idea is very interesting http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/39674-Mega-SPOILERS-Immersion-Destroyer
Maybe something more can be done with Triss after the mainstory.

BTW: does anyone know what happened between 2 and 3 with Triss ?

The ending is shit. Spend the entire game building up to beating the Wild Hunt only for Ciri to bugger off to fight an Ice Age. From a Triss perspective, specifically a Triss/Geralt/Yennefer relationship perspective, Act 2 was also a major disappointment.

The ending is shit. Spend the entire game building up to beating the Wild Hunt only for Ciri to bugger off to fight an Ice Age. From a Triss perspective, specifically a Triss/Geralt/Yennefer relationship perspective, Act 2 was also a major disappointment.

I wound't go that far. I liked that part :p. My problem is, why did i need to get the lodge of sorceresses back together, did they even do anything important ? Where was Triss when the tunnel opened and everything was blowing up. All i could think of while running after Yen "hope Triss is ok" xD
And yeah Triss should have been at kaer morhen a lot sooner with stuff to do. That was such a disappointing moment when i arrived there. Almost made me want to quit...

Did you like... skip all the cutscenes?

The plot could quite easily have done without them but this discussion is going on elsewhere, let's stay on topic.

From a Triss romance perspective (and I want a lot more than just Triss sorting out but since this is the Triss thread), I'd like to see this:

+ Context for the breakup provided; When, why and where?
+ Her to provide more background on the Church of the Eternal Fire and the Witch Hunters.
+ The ability to give her back the Rose of Remembrance. Preferably at the docks in Now or Never.
+ Short cut scene showing it bloom once more [Reason to stay].
+ Her to appear at the start of Act 2 in Kaer Morhen.
+ Some form of (non violent) confrontation/argument between Triss and Yen over sleeping/seducing Geralt.
+ Reconciliation over what happened.
+ Triss added to the drinking scene; Potential love making scene, same as Yen romance.*
+ Triss added to the trial of grasses scene.
+ Expanded dialogue between Ciri and Triss when you return to Kaer Morhen.
+ Expanded dialogue between Geralt and Triss at Vesemir's funeral. Mutual comforting over the death.
+ Triss replacing Philippa during the Sun Stone quest if in a romance with her.
+ Triss and Geralt to have a final scene/potential love making scene prior to the final battle.*
+ Triss to be with Ciri (same should apply to Yen if you romanced her) at the Inn at White Orchard during the Witcheress ending.

* One of these, not both.

This will provide content for the romance over all three acts as well as adding much needed characterisation and cotent to her even if you don't romance her.

Last edited:
I don't think a break up explanation is needed. Really.

In fact, a break up explanation probably would please some and annoy some others.

There's a precedent on TW2 if you romanced Shani on TW1: they never explain why you are with Triss at start Iirc.

From a Triss romance perspective (and I want a lot more than just Triss sorting out but since this is the Triss thread), I'd like to see this:

+ Context for the breakup provided; When, why and where?
+ Her to provide more background on the Church of the Eternal Fire and the Witch Hunters.
+ The ability to give her back the Rose of Remembrance. Preferably at the docks in Now or Never.
+ Short cut scene showing it bloom once more [Reason to stay].
+ Her to appear at the start of Act 2 in Kaer Morhen.
+ Some form of (non violent) confrontation/argument between Triss and Yen over sleeping/seducing Geralt.
+ Reconciliation over what happened.
+ Triss added to the drinking scene; Potential love making scene, same as Yen romance.*
+ Triss added to the trial of grasses scene.
+ Expanded dialogue between Ciri and Triss when you return to Kaer Morhen.
+ Expanded dialogue between Geralt and Triss at Vesemir's funeral. Mutual comforting over the death.
+ Triss replacing Philippa during the Sun Stone quest if in a romance with her.
+ Triss and Geralt to have a final scene/potential love making scene prior to the final battle.*
+ Triss to be with Ciri (same should apply to Yen if you romanced her) at the Inn at White Orchard during the Witcheress ending.

* One of these, not both.

This will provide content for the romance over all three acts as well as adding much needed characterisation and cotent to her even if you don't romance her.

That's an extremely good list, all of them will, like you said, add more depth to both the romance with and the character of Triss. Lots of those points are pretty simple so it's pretty viable (obviously not as simple to implement but not impossible).

Realistically I doubt they'll do all of that, but honestly if they only implement a few of your points I'd be much happier (e.g. rose of remembrance, Triss + Yenn at Kaer Morhen, additional love scene, expanded dialogue.

Also, with the rose of remembrance - giving it back at the docks seems like a very good idea to me, I suggested it earlier in this thread, though I have to admit it could provide some good dialogue and content for Triss in the ship in act 3.

That's an extremely good list, all of them will, like you said, add more depth to both the romance with and the character of Triss. Lots of those points are pretty simple so it's pretty viable (obviously not as simple to implement but not impossible).

Realistically I doubt they'll do all of that, but honestly if they only implement a few of your points I'd be much happier (e.g. rose of remembrance, Triss + Yenn at Kaer Morhen, additional love scene, expanded dialogue.

Also, with the rose of remembrance - giving it back at the docks seems like a very good idea to me, I suggested it earlier in this thread, though I have to admit it could provide some good dialogue and content for Triss in the ship in act 3.

I think giving Triss the rose back makes more sense on the boat in Skellige. I also think it should be left to imagination whether it blooms again or not, it is still a symbol of their love either way.

I think giving Triss the rose back makes more sense on the boat in Skellige. I also think it should be left to imagination whether it blooms again or not, it is still a symbol of their love either way.

My thinking is that seeing the Rose bloom once more is what makes her mind up to stay. It's incontrovertible proof of Geralt's love so the docks makes that the perfect place for it.

---------- Updated at 10:42 PM ----------

Just a quick question (sorry I haven't done this in TW2 yet), can you break up with Triss at the end of TW2?

Not to my knowledge. It's done in a round about way at the Elven Bath House by Geralt saying he'd prefer to search for Yennefer alone.

Not to my knowledge. It's done in a round about way at the Elven Bath House by Geralt saying he'd prefer to search for Yennefer alone.

Hm, I mean the only way for the Triss breakup to make sense at the beginning of TW3 would be for the ending where Geralt searches for Yenn alone to be the canon ending, but that just doesn't seem right. It really does need an explanation.

Just a quick question (sorry I haven't done this in TW2 yet), can you break up with Triss at the end of TW2?

If you don't do an elven bath and go save Anais/Saskia so basically you just said to Triss "Sorry , i don't like you anymore" :lol:

If i remember correctly, there is no option for Geralt to said "he prefer to search for Yennefer alone". He can either agree with Triss plan to run away and together search for Yen or want to continue clear his name.

Or it just a silly elven story :cry:

If you don't do an elven bath and go save Anais/Saskia so basically you just said to Triss "Sorry , i don't like you anymore" :lol:

If i remember correctly, there is no option for Geralt to said "he prefer to search for Yennefer alone". He can either agree with Triss plan to run away and together search for Yen or want to continue clear his name.

Or it just a silly elven story :cry:

She asks the question. I've never actually not said "come with me" so I assumed there would be a "thanks but no thanks". I can't imagine what other dialogue choice there could be. Just googled but there's no vids. Either way, the break up is indirect.

You don't have to save Anaiis/Saskia, you can also save Triss and accuse her of lying to you, then refuse to believe her.
Geralt accuse Triss because he don't believe the Lodge scare of him. Still from what i see after that scene Geralt trust her

She asks the question. I've never actually not said "come with me" so I assumed there would be a "thanks but no thanks". I can't imagine what other dialogue choice there could be. Just googled but there's no vids. Either way, the break up is indirect.

:hmm:
Triss: Let me finish - i can only say this once: If you want to go alone, I'll understand....and i won't try to persuade you otherwise
*two options here*
1. I don't want to lose you
2. I'll catch the kingslayer before you finish your preparations

---> So no, i don't think Geralt said he want to go search for Yen alone, until 1 week after Loc Muine incident :facepalm:

The vid, start at 6:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom