Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
None of these would make my top 3 which are(reactivity to romance in Kaer Morhen UMA portion), proper welcome on re-uniting at Kaer morhen & reaction to Yen Kiss, Skellige boat dialogue including rose & worries about coming battle)

-I'd certainly like to see some indication of confrontation & reconciliation between the 2 women. As it now stands there's now sign of how they got from furious(yen bed throwing) to utterly calm friendly behaviour.
- Wouldn't complain about comfort at funeral.
-Equally i think the witcheress ending would be better if Geralt's LI was present in the inn.

-Don't really think context of breakup is needed. There's already dialogue explaining where/When(Dijkstra). Why should always be left to player.
-I may be in minority but i don't think Triss and Ciri extra dialogue is much needed. Ciri reacting to Geralt about his romance choice would be much preferred by me.
-Equally don't think shoving her into sunstone at this point serves any purpose, giving her dialogue on boat instead serves better imo.
My top 3 actually is: before final battle, well and the kiss (but here only said about some nice additional thing ;))

-Yeah, the cat-fight in Dadelion's inn when Ciri is out doing some job, that would be nice. Or just in front of Ciri so she can calm the two down. Imagine, imagine :devil:
-Empress ending is my canon now just because i can see Triss, Dandelion and Zoltan again....While Witcher one just have a surprise at the end, next playthough the ending feel bland :(
-There's already dialogue explaining where/When(Dijkstra) Hidden too well though, just add it to the codex please CDPR...
-Triss and Ciri extra dialogue is much needed Bald mountain after Imlerith fight is clearly a right time to say this ;)

I don't understand why many of you tries to force Triss in Kaer Morhen Uma quest! For me there isn't any logical reason why she should be there, dare to explain this to me please?

So i think many people have explained it above. For me, if they don't add anything, simply make Triss's quest fail when reach KM, Triss quest still available after UMA questline create more problem than it should ....

I don't think there should be a cat-fight between Yen and Triss. Whatever happened, it was Geralt's choice, I don't really think there should be grand conflict between them.
But I really wonder what kind of conversation happened between them in case you romaced both. I don't think it would ever be showed, but it's really interesting, what they told each other and how they realised he had confessed both.

Imo there are only 3 additions needed to "fix" the lackluster romance. Many of the suggestions I have read are unreasonable and just look like wishful thinking and not something CDP might consider to do. Especially replacing other charaters with Triss or adding Triss to existing moments, in which she shouldn't be anyway like the witcheress ending (same applies to Yennefer)

- A quarrel between Triss and Yennefer, beause of the kiss. I wouldn't like to remove the kiss as I think it fits with the moment, but there should be some reaction about it. It would also be a good opportunity to add to the lacking Triss/Yen interaction. Though the quarrel shouldn't happen in Kaer Morhen. Both possible moments (right before the big battle and right after Vesemir's funeral) would jut let Triss and Yen look like jealous teenagers, if they argue over a little kiss during such important events.
Dandelion's inn would be a great place for such a quarrel. They have rooms are next to each other and Geralt could stumble into their controversial when he returns from Bald Mountain.

- Some dialogue options with her on the boat in Skellige

- A conversation in the tent right before the final battle.

I think that would be a fair and realistic way to enhance the romance.

I don't think there should be a cat-fight between Yen and Triss. Whatever happened, it was Geralt's choice, I don't really think there should be grand conflict between them.
But I really wonder what kind of conversation happened between them in case you romaced both. I don't think it would ever be showed, but it's really interesting, what they told each other and how they realised he had confessed both.

Personally disagree. In the books they were threatening to tear eachothers hair and claw eyes, so i think there should have been some harsh words between them. Feels really odd to me that only overt resolution happens if Geralt treats them both terribly in threesome variant.

My god, you are saying like she don't appears at Kaer Morhen at all. But Triss arrive there, a bit later with all other friends. The Kaer Morhen Uma quest is a part of different story and it has nothing really common with Triss in game. So why all of a sudden she should be there? Also from game point of view debs should made a lot of different interactions and dialogues just for option when you romance Triss. Because if you don't romance her there is no way she would be at Kaer Morhen uma quest :\ as I've said already it's different story.

Personally disagree. In the books they were threatening to tear eachothers hair and claw eyes, so i think there should have been some harsh words between them. Feels really odd to me that only overt resolution happens if Geralt treats them both terribly in threesome variant.
Completely different circumstances. In the last book there was already an established relationship between Yen and Geralt, Yen was angry with Triss after she sided with the Lodge rather than her and she noticed Triss still loves Geralt and really hopes to see him.
By the time they meet in TW3 a lot of things happened. They share the same objectives, there is no more established relationship and finally they helped each other a lot during pogrom in Rivia.

Completely different circumstances. In the last book there was already an established relationship between Yen and Geralt, Yen was angry with Triss after she sided with the Lodge rather than her and she noticed Triss still loves Geralt and really hopes to see him.
By the time they meet in TW3 a lot of things happened. They share the same objectives, there is no more established relationship and finally they helped each other a lot during pogrom in Rivia.

Don't agree at all, those threats weren't about her siding with lodge, it was notion that she might look at Geralt longingly. Now Triss has gone much further and had full relationship with Geralt, which Yen is extremely angry at. It's nonsensical imo that there is no confrontation.

The Kaer Morhen Uma quest is a part of different story and it has nothing really common with Triss in game. So why all of a sudden she should be there?
Seems there is no point in further discussion. We are telling you one thing, you are responding to completely other thing.
But Triss arrive there, a bit later with all other friends.
Why would she arrive with others, if we invite them only after finding Uma and we invite Triss after helping her in Novigrad?

Damn, just want to make some fun comment about additional thing i wish to see in-game beside 3 main problem need to be fix (like @Scryar suggest). Look like many thing better left unsaid :lol:

I don't know, Yen want to play with Triss's feeling before arrive to Rivia, it is really vicious i must say. And look like Triss response backfire her :lol:

So some small talk between them in W3 will be "fun" to watch :whistle:

You can invite her after finding Uma. Same with Keira.
If it goes this way - sure. But when it goes the other way, it seems pretty illogical as I've already explained.
In case of Keira we know that firstly she decided not to go to KM, but then she changed her mind. I don't think Triss could change her mind in her willing to help Geralt and Ciri. So there is no explanation in the game, why didn't she appear there even before Yennefer.

Why would she arrive with others, if we invite them only after finding Uma and we invite Triss after helping her in Novigrad?
Because it's game you know - not real world it has some limitation. You invite people to Kaer Morhen some of them earlier some later during game but all them arrive in one moment.

Kaer Morhen during Uma quest supposed to be for Yennefer Geralt and Witchers. Next time you arrive there you can see all other characters you have invited. Can you understand this?

Reread it. She wanted to enjoy the scene when Geralt would give Triss his famous look, knowing she hadn't helped Yen. Jealousy also has something to do with it, but the main point is this.

IMO, this scene:
-Yen want Triss to know that she completely have Geralt now. Triss don't stand a change again her
-Yen think Geralt will hate Triss now for sure, because of Triss's mistake in the past

---> For conclusion, Yen just want to state that Geralt is her now, Triss better give up and find another man.
---> That why Triss response make Yen angry. Yen know it is true, Geralt will forgive her, and scare of something will ignite between them (maybe :whistle:)

'You're not going to meet a loved one, Triss,' Yennefer continued. 'I am not so noble or stupid enough to give you the opportunity, or him the temptation. But just for today. I could not deny myself the sweet satisfaction. He knows what role you play as a member of the Lodge. He will thank you for that with his famous look. And I'll be looking at your quivering lips and trembling hands, I will listen to your lame apologies and excuses. And you know what, Triss? I will faint with delight.'

Now Triss has gone much further and had full relationship with Geralt, which Yen is extremely angry at. It's nonsensical imo that there is no confrontation. From @wright1978
Really good point :like:

Last edited:
I don't understand why many of you tries to force Triss in Kaer Morhen Uma quest! For me there isn't any logical reason why she should be there, dare to explain this to me please?
Because if she is romanced, Geralt invites her byhimdelf, but in codex is info that Yen invited her, why??

I don't want replace Yen with Triss, I want them both there if Geralt directly invited her there. They could both, Geralt and Triss, collect needed grass by Yen's request to remove curse from UMA. All magic could do Yen alone, or both with Triss.

There is a lot opportunities how write Triss in this quest without removing Yen.

As I said earlier I love them both and I would be glad to see them more time toghether.

And I think no need confrontation between Yen and Triss, because Geralt done this decision. They could work together.

Because it's game you know - not real world it has some limitation. You invite people to Kaer Morhen some of them earlier some later during game but all them arrive in one moment.
Why in the world the skilled mage we invited before all others would make it slower than ordinary people like Hjalmar, Zoltan or Roche who we invited much later? That's the problem, it's illogical.
Kaer Morhen during Uma quest supposed to be for Yennefer Geralt and Witchers.
Supposed by who? We point out that it is quite illogical, you insist on 'devs made it that way so it must be that way'.

Supposed by who? We point out that it is quite illogical, you insist on 'devs made it that way so it must be that way'.
:D and you think someone else should decide what in game must be? May I ask who is this person?

Why in the world the skilled mage we invited before all others would make it slower than ordinary people like Hjalmar, Zoltan or Roche who we invited much later? That's the problem, it's illogical.
go to Skelige first and you will invite other people first 0_o

---------- Updated at 09:54 AM ----------

I don't want replace Yen with Triss, I want them both there if Geralt directly invited her there. They could both, Geralt and Triss, collect needed grass by Yen's request to remove curse from UMA. All magic could do Yen alone, or both with Triss.

There is a lot opportunities how write Triss in this quest without removing Yen.

As I said earlier I love them both and I would be glad to see them more time toghether.

And I think no need confrontation between Yen and Triss, because Geralt done this decision. They could work together.
Too much work only for Triss romance option. I've already pointed at this. Not game wise. But I understand if it's only your wish.

I have to repeat myself, okay.
go to Skelige first and you will invite other people first 0_o
If it goes this way - sure. But when it goes the other way, it seems pretty illogical as I've already explained.
And here again.
and you think someone else should decide what in game must be? May I ask who is this person?
It must be devs, but according to their philosophy, decisions must lead to concequences. Here we can see that this principle was a little violated.

And having them both at KM would be great opportunity to tell Triss or Yen, if confessed to both: I love Yen/Triss more, sorry. I hope You will find who will love You so deeply as I love Triss/Yen and You will be happy.

---------- Updated at 12:57 PM ----------

But I understand if it's only your wish.
Yes, it is, I want more conversations with them both.

Because if she is romanced, Geralt invites her byhimdelf, but in codex is info that Yen invited her, why??

Agree with all of this. Geralt invites her and the game ignores this. This shouldn't have been the case imo. If they really wanted to provide the same content to everyone , Yen auto invite her at this stage for those who let her go. There's nothing about UMA quests that should exclude her. In fact having a 2nd sorceress during such a dangerous procedure would make complete sense.
Her absence is bad but even worse is the fact the fact that no dialogue options are presented to reflect the Triss romantic choice despite there being conversations where it is utterly glaring in its absence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom