Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see it happen but there could be a problem with having Triss at Kaer Morhen during the UMA quest and that is that if CDPR keep the threesome scene the way that it is, how would it work at kaer morhen with triss and yen both there?

There's no way Yen could invite Geralt up to her room or vice versa without either one knowing, which makes the threesome impossible to happen. The 3some quest is completely designed around Yen and Triss having basically no interaction before Novigrad. CDPR would have to completely remove the 3some scene and have the confrontation at kaer morhen for it to make sense.

I would love to see it happen but there could be a problem with having Triss at Kaer Morhen during the UMA quest and that is that if CDPR keep the threesome scene the way that it is, how would it work at kaer morhen with triss and yen both there?

There's no way Yen could invite Geralt up to her room or vice versa without either one knowing, which makes the threesome impossible to happen. The 3some quest is completely designed around Yen and Triss having basically no interaction before Novigrad. CDPR would have to completely remove the 3some scene and have the confrontation at kaer morhen for it to make sense.

Let bro Lambert rescue Geralt in chains,properly will be much more fun than Dandelion :rofl:

Personally for me Yen's bed throwing would make a lot more sense if it was based around having confronted Triss in person rather than finding hairs left over from years ago.
Well i don't think their interactions or lack of should have been designed round trying to trick some greedy individuals into the threesome scene.
I don't see her being inserted at this stage but its a big missed opportunity imo. They still can fix the lack of reactivity to the romance in this section though.

IMO, this scene:
-Yen want Triss to know that she completely have Geralt now. Triss don't stand a change again her
-Yen think Geralt will hate Triss now for sure, because of Triss's mistake in the past

---> For conclusion, Yen just want to state that Geralt is her now, Triss better give up and find another man.
---> That why Triss response make Yen angry. Yen know it is true, Geralt will forgive her, and scare of something will ignite between them (maybe )
Still, the way they talked then was different from the way they talked on Thanedd. On Thanedd their conversation was quite soft to some point, even after she sent Geralt away and told Triss all she thought she spoke silently and rather calm. On their way to Rivia their conversation grew up to a serious conflict. And I'm sure it happened because Triss hadn't helped Yen, not because Yen grew more jealous towards her. She forgave Triss for her affair with Geralt, but she didn't forgive her for siding with Lodge rather than her. Still, I think their conflict was resolved during the pogrom in Rivia.

Still, the way they talked then was different from the way they talked on Thanedd. On Thanedd their conversation was quite soft to some point, even after she sent Geralt away and told Triss all she thought she spoke silently and rather calm. On their way to Rivia their conversation grew up to a serious conflict. And I'm sure it happened because Triss hadn't helped Yen, not because Yen grew more jealous towards her. She forgave Triss for her affair with Geralt, but she didn't forgive her for siding with Lodge rather than her. Still, I think their conflict was resolved during the pogrom in Rivia.

All right, you have the point, agree with you. So if i understand correctly, Yen hold a grudge again Triss when she not help her in book 4. Then in the way to Rivia she decide to play with Triss feeling to get some sweet revenge ?

Still i hope for one calm talk about romance choice in Dandelion's inn, like Yen visit Triss room after both their quest finish, to settle thing
^Fool's hope. never gonna happen IMO :lol:

Great list, nothing I can disagree with.

Maybe instead of replacing Phillipa, Triss tags along. I kind of liked having Phillipa there.

Philippa brings precisely nothing to the main plot that can't be brought by someone else. She is only essential to the Radovid Assassination plot quest. In the Sunstone quest, Philippa talks about wanting to be Ciri's advisor and asks Geralt to take Yen away. This is stupid for several reasons:

1. After Vergen, unless she's taken leave of her senses, Geralt is the last person she's going to blurt out her ambition to be Ciri's advisor.
2. If you didn't visit the Emperor then it makes no sense for her to say this because Ciri's never going to be Empress.
3. This is never mentioned again in the entire story so it's little more than a throw away line.
4. 'Taking Yen' away is another example of the game ignoring the Triss romance.

Switching her out for Triss provides an opportunity to build upon the Geralt/Triss relationship and add depth to Triss as a character.

I don't understand why many of you tries to force Triss in Kaer Morhen Uma quest! For me there isn't any logical reason why she should be there, dare to explain this to me please?

Two reasons. First off, at the end of Now or Never Triss agrees to meet Geralt at Kaer Morhen yet only magically appears for the Battle of Kaer Morhen. This is an inconsistency with the story. Secondly, it doesn't add any development to the Geralt/Triss romance story. As I pointed out in another thread, Triss romance is a tick box of triggers, much as that awful ending is.

1. Did you kiss Triss at the party?
2. Did you tell Triss you love her at the Docks?

Yes = Romance
No = No romance.

In contrast, romancing Yennefer is an organic process. You meet, you flirt, you meet again, you flirt some more, you make love, you break the Djin's spell and confirm your love is real, you interact, you flirt more, you make love again, you flirt some more and you make future plans. There is interaction with Yennefer across all three acts which grows the relationship organically and helps develop the character. The two couldn't be in more stark contrast to each other. Triss, the perfect example on how not to write a romance in a game, Yen's the perfect example on how to write a romance in the game. It's the Jeckyll and Hyde of writing.

If we take The Witcher 3 as the stand alone game they seem to have wanted it to be then Triss suffers from a chronic lack of development and is a shallow character as a result. For a character that is such a major part of the protagonist's life, whether or not you romance her, and given the complex relationship between Triss, Geralt and Yen, it doesn't make sense to ignore her so. She, along with her relationship with Geralt and her relationship with Geralt and Yen needs much needed depth adding to it.

I don't think there should be a cat-fight between Yen and Triss. Whatever happened, it was Geralt's choice, I don't really think there should be grand conflict between them.
But I really wonder what kind of conversation happened between them in case you romaced both. I don't think it would ever be showed, but it's really interesting, what they told each other and how they realised he had confessed both.

Hence 'Non-violent' confrontation/argument. Emphasis on argument. There is no way in hell a woman is going to let her best friend sleep with her man and not have something to say on the matter. The reasons surrounding why that happened are irrelevant, it's simply a natural consequence that was ignored by the writers.

The threesome scene is in Novigrad, specifically the Kingfisher and, I believe, it occurs during Act 3 so there's no conflict to be had during Act 2. As for inviting them up to the room, perhaps, perhaps not. I could see Yen doing it but not Triss which is why we have the other option of it occurring shortly before the final battle.

Hence 'Non-violent' confrontation/argument. Emphasis on argument.
Well, I'm okay with this. I just don't like the idea of cat-fight. Still, even if it happened, it would simply lead to no consequences. What's the point of Yen confronting Triss, if Geralt has already decided?
There is no way in hell a woman is going to let her best friend sleep with her man and not have something to say on the matter.
The thing is he wasn't her man back then. Though Yen is sarcastic about Geralt trying to excuse by telling he had lost his memory, I think she understands he is not to blame and neither is Triss, simply because they didn't know if she was alive.

Well, I'm okay with this. I just don't like the idea of cat-fight. Still, even if it happened, it would simply lead to no consequences. What's the point of Yen confronting Triss, if Geralt has already decided?

The thing is he wasn't her man back then. Though Yen is sarcastic about Geralt trying to excuse by telling he had lost his memory, I think she understands he is not to blame and neither is Triss, simply because they didn't know if she was alive.

Like many things the point is to accurately reflect the characters and their reactions. Yen throws a bed out a window already, despite the fact that Geralt has made his decision. Someone making a decision doesn't stop the other person being angry and hurt.

She clearly doesn't understand or accept it. Hence why she throws a bed out a window and why she rants at Geralt calling what they did as positively obscene.

As I understand it they never broke up. He had his memory blocked by Eredin's mages. That's a technicality that's never going to wash with the average woman. Besides, Yen confronts Geralt over this, yet acts towards Triss as if nothing happened. It is simply a glaring plot hole. Think of it this way.

Act 2 starts. Geralt arrives at Kaer Morhen and Vesemir talks about the bed. You climb the stairs to were Yen is setting up her megascope and hear her and Triss arguing. the existing dialogue ensues and you're sent through the portal. By the time you get back, the two women have reconciled what's happened. The scene doesn't need major work and how they react to each other after that point continues as it stands now.

As I understand it they never broke up. He had his memory blocked by Eredin's mages. That's a technicality that's never going to wash with the average woman. Besides, Yen confronts Geralt over this, yet acts towards Triss as if nothing happened. It is simply a glaring plot hole. Think of it this way.

Act 2 starts. Geralt arrives at Kaer Morhen and Vesemir talks about the bed. You climb the stairs to were Yen is setting up her megascope and hear her and Triss arguing. the existing dialogue ensues and you're sent through the portal. By the time you get back, the two women have reconciled what's happened. The scene doesn't need major work and how they react to each other after that point continues as it stands now.

That would be an amazing scene.

I have to agree with those people saying Triss has way too little time in the game.

I mean I am Yen person myself, but even so I think there is a big difference between the two as in the fact that Yen is there throughout more than half of the game (especially the latter half) while Tris appears for 2 questlines + 2 or 3 moments in the main story.

While Yennefers romance develops organically Triss' romance is almost handled like it was all resolved in TW2 already and you get almost no time with her, and the decisions that lead up to her being your romance is very linear and WAY too early in the game, excluding her of any later decisions or any opinion-building between Yennefer and Triss for that matter (especially for new players who know neither of the two).

I mean I do understand it is DIFFICULT to handle it because Yennefer obviously has way more reason to be PRESENT in every main story part because she is Ciris mother more or less, so there is definitely the books as background where Triss was never a thing and Yen always "the one" interfering with the version CDPR build up throughout the first 2 games and making it difficult.

But I am definitely sure there would have been a way to handle it. Like for example replacing certain characters in certain missions (like Yennefer and Phillipa) IF you already chose Triss as your romance and maybe adding 1 or 2 Triss-related side missions in there in addition, or adding another 1 or 2 main mission parts where you go with Triss (I do not think it would have hurt act 2 and 3 to have 1 or 2 more missions where Triss is going with you.

Not only this, giving the player this variation, Triss going with you in some missions if you romanced her, and Yen / someone else going with you if you did Yen would have added to the replayability and would have really been an awesome feature for the game as well.

I have to agree with those people saying Triss has way too little time in the game.

I mean I am Yen person myself, but even so I think there is a big difference between the two as in the fact that Yen is there throughout more than half of the game (especially the latter half) while Tris appears for 2 questlines + 2 or 3 moments in the main story.

While Yennefers romance develops organically Triss' romance is almost handled like it was all resolved in TW2 already and you get almost no time with her, and the decisions that lead up to her being your romance is very linear and WAY too early in the game, excluding her of any later decisions or any opinion-building between Yennefer and Triss for that matter (especially for new players who know neither of the two).

I mean I do understand it is DIFFICULT to handle it because Yennefer obviously has way more reason to be PRESENT in every main story part because she is Ciris mother more or less, so there is definitely the books as background where Triss was never a thing and Yen always "the one" interfering with the version CDPR build up throughout the first 2 games and making it difficult.

But I am definitely sure there would have been a way to handle it. Like for example replacing certain characters in certain missions (like Yennefer and Phillipa) IF you already chose Triss as your romance and maybe adding 1 or 2 Triss-related side missions in there in addition, or adding another 1 or 2 main mission parts where you go with Triss (I do not think it would have hurt act 2 and 3 to have 1 or 2 more missions where Triss is going with you.

Not only this, giving the player this variation, Triss going with you in some missions if you romanced her, and Yen / someone else going with you if you did Yen would have added to the replayability and would have really been an awesome feature for the game as well.

Thank you for your support. In turn, most of us also think there should be more scenes with Yennefer (especially Yen + Ciri), so now we have to wait for expansions.

Which doesn't help if a player hasn't played those games. The developers have repeatedly stated that they wanted this game to be quasi stand alone, one where players wouldn't have to have played the previous games. If that's so then all characters close to the protagonist and/or the plot should have equal character development. That includes Triss, Yen, Ciri, Eredin & Wild Hunt and Avallach. Out of all of these, only Yen (even though she needs more early game development) and Ciri get sufficient character development. Yet you have characters like the Bloody Baron and Dijkstra who have far more depth provided to their characters then the game's antagonist, or one of the protagonist's potential love interests. It's a contradiction in CDPR's aims for this game.

Philippa brings precisely nothing to the main plot that can't be brought by someone else. She is only essential to the Radovid Assassination plot quest. In the Sunstone quest, Philippa talks about wanting to be Ciri's advisor and asks Geralt to take Yen away. This is stupid for several reasons:

1. After Vergen, unless she's taken leave of her senses, Geralt is the last person she's going to blurt out her ambition to be Ciri's advisor.
2. If you didn't visit the Emperor then it makes no sense for her to say this because Ciri's never going to be Empress.
3. This is never mentioned again in the entire story so it's little more than a throw away line.
4. 'Taking Yen' away is another example of the game ignoring the Triss romance.

Switching her out for Triss provides an opportunity to build upon the Geralt/Triss relationship and add depth to Triss as a character.

This is ridiculous. :facepalm:

This is ridiculous. :facepalm:
I wouldn't say ridiclous, but I agree. I think Philippa's role is still rather important, so instead of simply replacing her with LI, I would like to have some new scenes\updated ones, but certainly not sacrificing existing content.

I wouldn't say ridiclous, but I agree. I think Philippa's role is still rather important, so instead of simply replacing her with LI, I would like to have some new scenes\updated ones, but certainly not sacrificing existing content.

Why? What does Philippa as a character, bring to the plot? Not a sorceress. Specifically Philippa? What does she bring that drives the plot?

Yes, this exactly. Triss can't have as much time in game as Yennefer has. And Triss isn't main focus of the game as it's about search of Ciri. Not Triss started this search and not Triss continue it. As side character who help in Novigrad and as love interest (possible) Triss has a lot of screentime. Sure the famous "Well" problem is in game but it's not Triss only problem. I understand that Triss fans alway will want more their loved character presented in the game. But saying that it should be in first place isn't right. Not once dev said that Geralt love choice isn't their focus in this game. Yeah, there is some frustration because they annonce that this game would be more personal. And I understand that some people would think in this game romance option of the Geralt would have bigger part in the main story. But when dev were saying more personal it was about Geralt and Ciri. It's their personal story. Triss isn't as close for Ciri as you want to imagine. And it's one of the reason she has not as much time in game as Yennefer. But still she has way bigger part in the game if you will look at any other character except Geralt, Ciri and Yennefer.

1. Philippa is part of the Lodge, which is essential to the main plot.
2. How is she supposed to know you didn't visit the Emperor and Ciri isn't going to be an Empress?
3. How is mentioning it again connected with anything?
4. Taking Yen away has nothing to do with romance.
5. Switching any characters is just bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom