Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
You think she should be deleted from W3, but why? And would it make sense for you? CDProjekt developed her as a character a lot, made the players feel hers and Geralts love and then they do this to her? Completely push her to the side, telling everyone that Yennefer is the right choice and ALMOST not including her as a romance choice. Pretty bad isnt it? Its ok, this thread isnt made only for Triss fans

Yeah I agree, she's just too much of a major character in the previous games for it to make sense to remove her, especially with the ending of TW2.

If it was just a matter of screentime, we should probably remove Geralt :p

---------- Updated at 05:10 PM ----------

That's not how it works, screentime makes characters important, which gives them more reason to be in the next games. If CDPR has kept Triss' roll small in both games and made it just a fling like a random succubus then I would have been totally fine with her not showing up. But CDPR made her important and that's how she should have been treated.

Yep, it's like saying Geralt has too much screentime so he should be removed :geraltsad:

her reintroduction has simply caused more issues than it solved. :)

Yes it did, though instead of pushing Triss to the side, CDPR should have dealt with the issue, not ignore it. :p

---------- Updated at 04:17 PM ----------

I find this argument hilarious every time it comes up, it's like saying considering Yennefer has a lot of screentime in the booksI think she should have never shown up in the games.

That's not how it works, screentime makes characters important, which gives them more reason to be in the next games. If CDPR has kept Triss' role small in both games and made it just a fling like a random succubus then I would have been totally fine with her not showing up. But CDPR made her important and that's how she should have been treated.

Exactly man, they made her important to us, though more important to Geralt. Even got to rival level with Yennefer. And then they would remove her? What they did now is already ridiculous enough. :( Pushed her to the side, saying that only Yennefer is the right choice for Geralt. Not even mentioning her romance - its pathetic. :(

@Sarcen I can't help if you find my opinion hilarious. While I disagree with some arguments here I respect them. You can't compare Book time to game time as much you can't say Triss romance is not valid because isn't Book Canon.

@TrissMasterRace

A Sorceress only game? No Geralt? That sounds promising! I like it :)

Yeah I agree, she's just too much of a major character in the previous games for it to make sense to remove her, especially with the ending of TW2.

If it was just a matter of screentime, we should probably remove Geralt :p

---------- Updated at 05:10 PM ----------

Yep, it's like saying Geralt has too much screentime so he should be removed :geraltsad:

Yea, thats why this is the last game with Geralt - too much screen time. :D

---------- Updated at 04:25 PM ----------

That's what they did with Shani as well. I chose her in TW1 and then bam... Triss wakes up next to Geralt in TW2.

This is something completely different. Triss vs Shani was like: Sorceress which Geralt loves or an ordinary girl which was just one of Geralts one night relationships... Triss vs Yennefer is an equal rivality and Triss has a real disadvantage made by CDPR. :p

---------- Updated at 04:28 PM ----------

Screentime matters, or there won't be requests to more Triss in game, right? ;)

We split opinions on where: you guys ask for more Merigold on TW3 and I think the whole saga counts.

Shani was kicked out without a reason. I don't think Red should justify removing Triss from a Story where Geralt and Yennefer look for Ciri.

For those Who romanced Triss, she could be at home, waiting for him.

But, please, I'm not asking for you agree with me, already apologized for posting in the wrong thread :)

But, please, I'm not asking for you agree with me, already apologized for posting in the wrong thread
Don't apologize I like all opinions, even if I don't agree with them.:affection:

---------- Updated at 07:36 PM ----------

That's what they did with Shani as well. I chose her in TW1 and then bam... Triss wakes up next to Geralt in TW2.
I can understand what You feel, 'cos I would be frustrated if they removed completely Triss from TW2 and replaced her with Shani.

Screentime matters, or there won't be requests to more Triss in game, right?

We split opinions on where: you guys ask for more Merigold on TW3 and I think the whole saga counts.

Shani was kicked out without a reason. I don't think Red should justify removing Triss from a Story where Geralt and Yennefer look for Ciri.

But, please, I'm not asking for you agree with me, already apologized for posting in the wrong thread

I didn't say id doesn't matter. :p

Without a reason? Shani was an ordinary girl and Geralt slept with hundreds like that, she was just another "one night relationship" for him. :p

Man, this is not wrong thread ;)

---------- Updated at 04:39 PM ----------

Different medias. One is original and other (a very good) fan fiction.

Doesn't matter which one is original, bot matter equally when it comes to Tris vs Yen arguments. :p

---------- Updated at 04:42 PM ----------

I can understand what You feel, 'cos I would be frustrated if they removed completely Triss from TW2 and replaced her with Shani.

Yes, except it would make 99 percent of Triss fans furious so it would make no sense for CDPR to do that. :D

Screentime matters, or there won't be requests to more Triss in game, right? ;)

But, please, I'm not asking for you agree with me, already apologized for posting in the wrong thread :)

That certainly would have been one way to deal with it but wouldn't necessarily bring closure to the story because you still have Yennefer reintroduced. Bringing her in to the equation is what muddied the waters and Adamiak said, the writers have failed to take responsibility for that decision and deal with the fall out in any meaningful way. This is one of the reasons why Triss needs more screen time, not less. You simply cannot deal with the fall out of her being in a relationship with Geralt for a year by limiting the player's exposure to her.

I also agree that they need justify removing Triss in parts of Yen and Geralt searching for Ciri but the two issues are not mutually exclusive. You don't have to be in a romance with Yen in order to look for Ciri nor does Triss having more content need interfere with those parts of the game.

Last edited:
Screentime matters, or there won't be requests to more Triss in game, right?

I can agree that screentime matters, but I can't agree with the logic that they should remove a character from the game (while it would make no sense plotwise) purely because they have had a lot of screentime in the past - like many have said, it just means that they are a major character and will require a lot of screentime regardless.

Though I can agree that Yennefer does need more screentime than Triss, just not like this :envy:

Though I can agree that Yennefer does need more screentime than Triss, just not like this

This is the thing people don't seem to understand. Yen doesn't need more screen time, Yen needs different screen time. I'm talking from the perspective of the plot in hindsight by the way. Yen is vital to certain parts of the plot. Triss, especially if romanced, is vital to parts of the protagonist's personal background and development. They're both equally important, just important to different areas of the story being told. What you have is, in effect, two stories running concurrently though this game. Geralt's search for his daughter and Geralt's relationship with both Triss and Yennefer. It's the love story that suffers from a lack of screen time with Triss.

Last edited:
Yen needs different screen time.
They should to show Yen better than she is now in game, like first meeting and Vizima, I even not saying abot Yen and Ciri relationship - it's simply don't exist in game.

Triss, especially if romanced, is vital to parts of the protagonist's personal background and development.
Agree, and I as a player don't see difference if Triss is romanced or not, if not count only two scenes in game totally for 10 minutes.:sadtriss:

They should to show Yen better than she is now in game, like first meeting and Vizima, I even not saying abot Yen and Ciri relationship - it's simply don't exist in game.

I absolutely agree. As I keep saying, Triss, Yen, Eredin, Imlerith, Caranthir and Avallac'h are all symptoms of the same problem - the writer's failure to develop the complex relationships each shares with Geralt. The whole thing needs tackling, not just one part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom