Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think yen fans are overreacting. They will never romance Triss and see this "awful lore breaking" content. Also it's not Triss exclusive, all their changes are for both Triss and Yen, with the exception of one scene (at the final battle) which was sorely lacking for Triss, and Yen already had one. Mostly it's just Triss haters that don't seem to like the fact that Triss is a valid choice.

Patching in shani was never realistic, that would have required huge changes, not to mention that she didn't fit anywhere into the story.

Triss already had a "about the future" scene (fountain).

So Shani wasn't a valid choice? We should keep our head low and ignore what we did in tw1 in order to accomodate Triss on Story?
Patching tw2 was a piece of cake if they wanted.
Not even make Geralt start alone and then find a reason to interact with Triss in game?

They could have done that, but they didn't, IF people cared that much back then they should have had more backlash and MAYBE they would have done something back then. Do I consider that right? No, but they won't change things now, so there is no point in bringing up that argument. The continued development of TW3 has nothing to do with TW2.

Well it's not a scene about the future. It's about their current\upcoming situation. Yennefer's scene is about the current situation and the future. Triss simply has that scene split and one half at the fountain and the other at the tent. (if everything goes as it points now)

Well it's not a scene about the future. It's about their current\upcoming situation. Yennefer's scene is about the current situation and the future. Triss simply has that scene split and one half at the fountain and the other at the tent. (if everything goes as it points now)

How is not a scene about the future, they talk about Kovir, their home, etc, it is the same with Yen.

I think yen fans are overreacting. They will never romance Triss and see this "awful lore breaking" content. Also it's not Triss exclusive, all their changes are for both Triss and Yen, with the exception of one scene (at the final battle) which was sorely lacking for Triss, and Yen already had one. Mostly it's just Triss haters that don't seem to like the fact that Triss is a valid choice.

Patching in shani was never realistic, that would have required huge changes, not to mention that she didn't fit anywhere into the story.

Agree with you,that you will never see this gap of knowledge(in books)and I do not understand, yen fans are overreacting.

Read a few pages in this thread, and let me tell you there are a lot of sarcasm,why are you telling us?Almost every post has sarcasm on the topic with Triss?(Geralt always loved Triss and he never loved Yen) why?
I repeat you gap of knowledge will not see,so calm down (will add new content Yen, and you should be happy) and we're very glad to add new content Triss)

No offense! let's just stop this.

How is not a scene about the future, they talk about Kovir, their home, etc, it is the same with Yen.

Geralt gonna go to the final battle with the Wild Hunt that may cost his life
His lover: Good luck

Not relevant anymore.

Right now, canonically, Geralt has never loved Yen at any point of his life so she is completly irrelevant. He was with her only because of the curse which was keeping him from going to his true love, Triss.

Man, I really hope Sapkowski won't read this, he may get a stroke.

Interesting way of viewing things

Don't know how think all others, but, imo, Gerlat loved Yen in books. However after amnesia he fell in love with Triss, and in my games he loves her still after regain all memory.

I too share this opinion. It's a really great story. I read the book for the book lore and played the game because I could change it to what I want.

He didn't. The Last Wish clearly shows his 'love' was never anything but the curse. After the djinn drops it, there is absolutely nothing left in him of his 'feelings' for Yen. Do you think that would happen if he actually had any genuine feelz for her? No.

Now, CDPR is reaffirming that by adding Triss as his only ever love - before, during, after - always.

I wouldn't go that far, all I can say is that he developed feelings for Triss after amnesia and regaining his memories could not change that. It's not that he did not love Yen, it's just that the spark expired and the flames burned bright with Triss.

But that moment in the game can be interpreted in numerous ways.

Agreed, and it's up to player to decide

Before he starts regain memory, during memory regaining and after he regain full memory this is how I see it.

True, love is a strange thing but I am a firm believer in following your heart even if it means hurting someone. You have to seek out your happiness no matter how long it takes. Along the way people get hurt even past love.

But then again, there are those if us who don't WANT it easy.

I need someone like Yen, seriously. It's all a matter of type. Some people don't want to "get along". They want the arguments, they want the passion.

No problem with that. Everyone has their own taste

Yeah real fake. The whole love developed during eight books - it was all lies.

Triss is the only one and true love for Geralt I see it now. She never did anything bad. As Redemyr said she is perfect.

I was wrong about Yen all the time...

:cheers2:

Don't get worked up over this. Don't tarnish your awesomeness over a little fun poking. You know we all have mad respect for Yen and people who support her.

I kinda agree there, I never romance Yen so I didn't see any of the horrible things Geralt said to Triss. Same can be said for people who romance only Yen. Plus I can't let Triss go and I really don't expect Yen supporters to break up with Yen. That the beautiful of the game folks.

"Triss for Life"

They could have done that, but they didn't, IF people cared that much back then they should have had more backlash and MAYBE they would have done something back then. Do I consider that right? No, but they won't change things now, so there is no point in bringing up that argument. The continued development of TW3 has nothing to do with TW2.

No point in showing how innacurate seems to be Red's argument on caring about choice and consequence in their games?

How convenient...

I posted the fanfiction to underline my argument that one single fan put more effort into it than the creators of this issue.

If you read the fanfiction or not doesn't matter, the work and effort behind it is what mattered in this argument and not the content of it.

As i said, it isn't perfect, but at least the author tried, while CDPR just avoid it.

Answered here since it's mainly about Triss now and don't want to mix threads...

I did read it and it looks more the work of a guy who clearly hates Triss and wants to see her suffer and humiliated, not just an attempt to "tie" loose ends... and it seems I'm going in circles, but I'll say it again, I would have LOVED to have much much more time with Triss, to discuss this point and many others, however there there isn't enough screentime... and if time is indeed of the essence, then I want their few interactions to be positive... whereas you seem to want to play her arc just to call her a backstabbing liar and watch her cry... definitely not going to happen, in the same light that Geralt telling Yen to take a hike because he can't stand her bitchy attitude and that he'd rather look for Ciri on his own won't happen either...

Unless by this you meant to say you want to start a petition to add for more Triss time, so that in addition to the romance itself we can discuss many other topics of the past, present and future... in that case, you have my support :)

---------- Updated at 12:14 AM ----------

I don't think comparing scenes is the right way to go to criticize these unconfirmed changes...

Yen already has the the lead in screen time by far, so if Triss can't have another talk about the future scene because Yen only has one... then first they need to add a briefly meeting Triss scene, 3 or 4 more quests directly involving her, a song for her, a KM section for her, an R&R time for her, another intimate scene and some people commenting on their relationship. Then we can argue equality.

Just to add I think Geralt falling in love with Triss after amnesia is a stronger Story than what leaks suggest.

We are less than 4 months after game release, and already CDPR is making plans to add additional things beyond the announced expansions. Be happy! They are supporting the game for another year and a half at least. If you are upset they have not added Ciri or Eredin or Shani stuff, just wait and see what comes in the future!

For those who think the dialogue breaks lore, wait and see what they actually release. Right now a small change from "amnesia" to '"recovering my memory" would fix the timeline/book lore issue. You can also just assume that Geralt is exaggerating for effect- people tell small lies all the time. And those who want Ciri to be mad at Geralt about Triss are trying to make Ciri something she is not. Ciri is not a priestess of sacred book lore- she's an adoptive daughter wanting to understand what's going on with Geralt.

Personally, I am pleased that they seem to have worked out fixes for the romance choice, so now they can move on to other non-romance parts of the late-game story. There are still plenty of things I would like to see that involve Triss, but these are political types of issues independent of romance choices.

Triss-related wish list for the future:
Lodge issues with Triss and Philippa. Unfinished business from Witcher 2, Radovid assassination, and Phil's plans for Ciri.
Nilfgaard vs the North- an additional source of tension between the sorceresses, reactions from Triss to siding with Dijkstra or Roche.
Skellige civil war- Triss and Yen both know Crach from the books, and Philippa loves to meddle. Lots of potential for political shenanigans.

For those who think the dialogue breaks lore, wait and see what they actually release.
Ahe, imho that's exactly how we shouldn't act. What's the purpose of a forum if not giving feedback? We can give feedback NOW before the stuff is implemented. Once it's created and implemented we can only accept it or being disappointed. So no, we shouldn't just wait and see, at least not if we care. We should tell CDPR in all clarity and honesty what we think about that stuff.

Last edited:
Ahe, imho that exactly how we shouldn't act. What's the purpose of a forum if not giving feedback? We can give feedback NOW before the stuff is implemented. Once it's created and implemented we can only accept it or being disappointed. So no, we shouldn't just wait and see, at least not if we care. We should tell CDPR in all clarity and honesty what we think about that stuff.

Actually that's a good point. Would be nice to see feedback without all the panic and rage though.

I'm team Triss all day everyday but saying Geralt never really loved Yen in the books makes my balls hurt.

Basically the line "Wanted to be with you before, during, after - always" isn't state Geralt never really loved Yen in the books

It state he love both in the books, but he choose Yen :eek:uch:.........So actually all the hate come from one word only before

Basically the line "Wanted to be with you before, during, after - always" isn't state Geralt never really loved Yen in the books

It state he love both in the books, but he choose Yen :eek:uch:.........So actually all the hate come from one word only before

Nah, I think it means that he never loved Yennefer. Only Trissy.

And these comments are only after the leaks. You can imagine if they will implement that "before" line what will happen. I don't understand why you don't see that it is wrong. Simple change of one sentence - different wording would really help.

:cry:

3 simple line will cause the "waifu war" reach a maximum stage when romances fix come out :evil:
Ciri: It's that good with her?
Geralt: Better.

Geralt: But it turned out my amnesia'd changed nothing. Wanted to be with you before, during, after - always.

Oh and Yen kiss in Kaer Mohen too, i think they remove it (if you romance Triss)

And i will sitting in front of my computer and be like

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom