Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm back after a while - so Hi guys any news?

Also everytime I decide to check in I see a the guys in Blue having stern words.

Are we really that bad????

Are we really that bad?

I don't post so often but from what i see, if you like Triss, like Trireme said you are an heretic for not following the book lore, even though the whole witcher games break the lore since TW1.
And I love to be bad if this is bad.

No. I see
betrayal when I look at Triss relationship with Geralt. Both in books and in game. And I like Triss as Geralt friend but not his love interest. Cheating on your friends isn't good in my moral principles.

You see betrayal, I see someone who fell in love with another someone and had to watch from the sidelines. Everyone has their flaws even in the real world.

Triss made mistakes but no one is willing to accept the fact that she can change and that it possible that Geralt could have feelings for her. You see her as nothing more than his friend and I see her as the perfect woman for Geralt.

You see betrayal, I see someone who fell in love with another someone and had to watch from the sidelines. Everyone has their flaws even in the real world.

Triss made mistakes but no one is willing to accept the fact that she can change and that it possible that Geralt could have feelings for her. You see her as nothing more than his friend and I see her as the perfect woman for Geralt.
I was explaining why I don't like Triss romance. It seems you don't want to understand people who thinks like me. It's not because this: "People who dislike Triss looks at her relationship with Geralt as some silly school girl romance." But because of her betrayal. She is lying to everyone. Of course she is doing this because she wants to help not to hurt. But look at her action. In books she is betraying her best friend not once. In games she is lying to Geralt and betrays the Lodge who were like sisters to her. You think this woman is perfect fit for Geralt. OK. It's your POV. But I'm tryin to tell you why some people don't like Triss as love interest.

I was explaining why I don't like Triss romance. It seems you don't want to understand people who thinks like me. It's not because this: "People who dislike Triss looks at her relationship with Geralt as some silly school girl romance." But because of her betrayal. She is lying to everyone. Of course she is doing this because she wants to help not to hurt. But look at her action. In books she is betraying her best friend not once. In games she is lying to Geralt and betrays the Lodge who were like sisters to her. You think this woman is perfect fit for Geralt. OK. It's your POV. But I'm tryin to tell you why some people don't like Triss as love interest.

We know that there are people who don't like Triss for some reasons. Nobody's perfect.

It not that I don't understand people who think like you it's just that I get the feeling that people who think like you don't understand people who think like me. The funny thing is that although we are on the opposite sides in opinion we have a lot that we can agree on.

When I look at her betrayer the intent matters more than the act. There is nothing wrong with your opinion and seeing Triss as Geralt's friend. I don't share that opinion but I'm not going to say it's wrong.

Triss made mistakes and she learned from them. Even in the real world people make mistakes and many people do not have the opportunity to make up for their mistakes.

Last edited:
Nah, it's more about people complaining that there is serious problem in Triss romance consequences. Whole 1k forum thread, list of 7 or more problems. And what made them happy? 3-4 additional dialogues lines :)

Fair enough, though I was just giving the reason I was fine with it. However, I have not actually seen the additional dialogue, so my opinion isn't really worth much on that.

But I personally would like to avoid giving CDPR the impression that they are damned if they do damned if they don't. While it may or may not be what I wanted, I also appreciate the fact that they put the time and effort in doing this.

That being said, October is the earliest for these fixes to be put in so I don't see a problem with giving them feedback on the dialogue.

When I look at her betrayer the intent matters more than the act. There is nothing wrong with your opinion and seeing Triss as Geralt's friend. I don't share that opinion but I'm not going to say it's wrong.

Triss made mistakes and she learned from them. Even in the real world people make mistakes and many people do not have the opportunity to make up for their mistakes.

When she made up for her mistakes? Talking only about the games, Triss:

1 - Lied about the Rose of Remenbrance, trying to make Geralt fall in with her
2 - Didn''t told Geralt about Yennefer
3 - Tried to pretend that she was the sorceress that he was mad in love

Even Philippa says that she "eagerly awaits the chance to hop in bed" with him... It's clear to me that Triss would do anything (really ANYTHING) in her powers to bed Geralt, what leads to the conclusion that she hasn't good intentions at all with these lies, she does not care about a friend (Yennefer), she does not truly care about Geralt feelings, she cares about herself and herself ONLY.

Everything that she did was selfish. Triss desperately tries to get Geralt to run off with her in the elven ruins, did she really care about him, about his true feelings, about the effetcts of the amnesia, about his friends? He wanted his memories back, wanted the truth! She never tought about giving him the thuth, and she knew a lot all the way.

Very selfish to me.

Lied about the Rose of Remenbrance, trying to make Geralt fall in with her
What? Are you serious?
3 - Tried to pretend that she was the sorceress that he was mad in love
She never did. Give examples.
2 - Didn''t told Geralt about Yennefer
And neither did Dandelion, Zoltan, witchers and other old acquaintances Geralt met. As soon as Geralt asked, she told him everything.

Everything that she did was selfish.
Mhm, including saving Geralt twice (only counting games), getting tortured in order to learn about Dandelion's whereabouts etc.

Is your POV of Triss based on games?

Most people who like Triss are gamers but there those of us odd ones who read the books and still love Triss. I don't know why people look at Triss supporters as heretics. She is a character in the books and a character in the games. Call me weird but I used my imagination to create the relationship I wanted for Geralt and Triss. CDPR only allow me to see it on a TV screen.*

Yeah, it feels weird to trust someone who lied to you when you had amnesia and it is said to be you and your lover best friend...*

Actually, no one would trust and see a person like that in a "ok" way, especially in real life...

I have to disagree. For me It would really depends on the reasons why they lied.

What? Are you serious?

She never did. Give examples.

And neither did Dandelion, Zoltan, witchers and other old acquaintances Geralt met. As soon as Geralt asked, she told him everything.

Mhm, including saving Geralt twice (only counting games), getting tortured in order to learn about Dandelion's whereabouts etc.

1 - Yes, just take the Iorvath's path, i'm playing Witcher 2, the rose is used to make someone fall in love deeply

2 - She did, TW1.

3 - She was with Geralt all the way.

4 - Does not change the fact that she was selfish. Not only her sacrificed things to help Ciri.

1 - Yes, just take the Iorvath's path, i'm playing Witcher 2, the rose is used to make someone fall in love deeply
Rose not making to love someone, it won't fade if it give to person You love, it's an old legend, so it could be wrong about fading

3 - She was with Geralt all the way.
And? His most best friend never told him about Yen and Ciri, the friend with whom he were in so many situations in books, he was silent about Yen or Ciri.

4 - Does not change the fact that she was selfish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom