Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait ?
did you just say that the elvenbath house scene was essentially Triss raping Geralt

No, the rape i'm talking about = books, and you know this.

But in the games the Rose could be used to make someone fall in love deeply to her, magic doing the work - AGAIN.

On the issue of Triss "betraying" her sisters of the Lodge, I have to say that the Lodge threw her under the metaphorical bus, and Triss was practically no longer a member by the events of Witcher 2.

The 1st break between Triss and the Lodge is at Montecalvo when the senior Lodge members don't let her talk to Yen alone. Francesca is watching Triss like a hawk the whole time.

The 2nd break comes when Philippa orders Triss not to help Yennefer when Yen calls her by megascope. Triss shows weakness by not standing up to Philippa, but she sees the consequences of the Lodge's "mission".

The 3rd break is during the Battle of Brenna- Triss states that she was explicitly forbidden from joining the fight, even though it is a cause she believe is (the freedom of the Northern kingdoms).

During the peace conference in Cintra we see evidence of a 4th break:
"... Ciri, the heiress to the throne, the young lion with the Lioness’s blood... Ciri, my little sister. Who is now apparently far away to the south. Fortunately, no longer alone, she is with Geralt and Yennefer. She’s safe. Unless they have lied to me again."

So already by the end of the books we see that Triss is feeling betrayed and lied to by Sheala, Philippa, and the others. Then we get to the events of the games, where they exclude her from meetings and don't tell her about their assassination plans. If they had told Triss about Letho and the plans for Demavend, Triss could have told them something was going wrong when the first witcher assassin tried to kill Foltest (in the Witcher 1 epilogue). There might have been time to stop Letho, save Foltest, and prevent the collapse of Temeria. Instead the Lodge left Triss in the dark, so all the work she did in Vizima disintegrated when Foltest died (She tells Philippa "5 years of my work gone.")

Originally Triss was fully committed to the Lodge because she believe in the mission, but by the end of Witcher 2 she sees that the Lodge has lost its way and become a destructive force. Triss and those close to her became collateral damage because the Lodge lied to her and excluded her from their plans. Why should she remain loyal to them? Why not throw Sheala to the wolves to try to give other mages a chance with the new Conclave?

Well my opinion is formed around the games and books. The games more so though, & I did not look into reading the books until after I played the first two games so no doubt my opinion on triss was a bit biased when I went into it. However I did not see anything that she did in the books as unforgivable.

The Witcher games are all about it being grey, and not black and white. So intent does matter when it comes to triss also. She did hide things from geralt but she also came clean and was willing to help him find yenefer. when it came to the Rose of remembrance, if she was using that in order to manipulate him then why is it that everyone had the choice to turn her down

It's the part of the game: say bad things about another sorceress. We are barelly remind you that Triss isn't that better than Yennefer ^_^

No one said anything bad about your sorceress. Never said Triss is better than Yen. I believe shes better for Geralt and you are free to disagree. All the sorceress’s including Triss and Yen have their own motives for what they do.

Honestly I really don't care what so ever. As long as the game and Dev gives me the choice I will choose Triss over Yen and you can choose Yen over Triss. That's the fun part of the game. It's just a game and you are free to choose who ever you like. I am not one for lore. I like the new and interesting. If I want the book lore I will read them again. I play the game for the game lore.

It is there, in the game, the whole Saskia healing... And you know it, right ;)?
If the very name rose of remembrance isn't an argument for you, I can give you the other. Philippa did her lesbomancy as soon as she got the Rose. Triss said she needs few days to devise the spell. Why didn't she do it back then in ruins, when the situation was perfect?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom