Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit surprised when in the next sequence with the messenger Triss refused to kill the messenger no matter what the player choose.
I didn't notice this, I let Triss kill him and she did. She was even the one to point out that they can't just leave him, she proposed to either kill him or erase his memory. She cast some spell and the guy just fell dead on the floor, what makes you believe he didn't die?

Agreed. It will be nice to see Ciri's asking questions about Geralt choice or maybe even asking him: "Why you dumped Yenn?".
And Geralt still could use new phrases like:
At long last he finally could explain/defend his choice without avoiding answers, changing themes, "be offended" or saying something like: "I dont really know..." :lol:

Sure. As long as Ciri actually fights back :)

If there is no response, then it is again really just reassuring the player. There has to be SOME tension and drama here....
Else the choice is... meaningless :(

Triss herself deserves better than that. So does Ciri. So Does Geralt.

Sorry for interrupting, one quick question, and I'll leave: is this about the sorceress who delivered herself to Witch Hunters without any back-up plan at all? :hrhr:

She didn't have much of a choice there, needed the information ~ and I didn't even keep to the plan, so plan B was just do it the Witchers way - Geralt was never good at being sly - But Triss would do a lot for Geralt, this was just another selfless act :>

If there is no response, then it is again really just reassuring the player. There has to be SOME tension and drama here....

Disagree 100%, the current surprised but accepting of his explanation is quite in character imo. We don't need some forced drama here.

Disagree 100%, the current surprised but accepting of his explanation is quite in character imo. We don't need some forced drama here.

We currently have ZERO drama.

ANY drama is better than ZERO drama...

In character... I completely disagree. But I am talking game design wise now. Choices like these should be important to make the world more reactive. Players should not be handholded all the time. We can do better....
4A Games did better. CDPR can do too.

I agree that each character should have his own opinion. Opinions could match or not, but they should have them.

I agree, ciri is going to accept Geralt's choice and even support it when he explain his rationale, all she care about is his happyness. The whole idea of more drama to me is people being too vindictive and wanting some one to fight with Geralt or Triss over their choices. P.s. Anyone having problems giving red points?

I agree that each character should have his own opinion. Opinions could match or not, but they should have them.

It's a shame Yarpen never appears in the game, missed opportunity to make a Blood of Elves reference in there.

But yeah - I'd assume that Dandelion, Zoltan and the Sorceress' would have had an opinion on the outcome of Geralt's love life...

Dandelion's almost complete drop from the story once you complete the Novigrad section was really upsetting :<

~Also found it odd that there was no 'How's Priscilla doing?' chat option with him once he returns to the Chameleon...

We currently have ZERO drama.

ANY drama is better than ZERO drama...

In character... I completely disagree. But I am talking game design wise now. Choices like these should be important to make the world more reactive. Players should not be handholded all the time. We can do better....
4A Games did better. CDPR can do too.

Nope, forced drama where its not needed is much worse. Reactivity to choice doesn't need forced drama.

I agree, ciri is going to accept Geralt's choice and even support it when he explain his rationale, all she care about is his happyness. The whole idea of more drama to me is people being too vindictive and wanting some one to fight with Geralt or Triss over their choices. P.s. Anyone having problems giving red points?

Ohh she MAY accept it. Maybe even eventually support it.
But it should not happen immediately. And so... easily. Especially since... lore-wise she loves Yen AS much (or more) as Geralt. So why not think of her happiness :p?

I am not arguing that Ciri should try and kill her father and Triss... but there SHOULD be some drama, some conflict. Something to make the player feel conflict WITH the characters they love.
That is High End game design (and even character/story design). WHy not do it?

People seem to forget that Triss was Ciri's first Mother figure after the fall of Cintra, she's incredibly close to Triss too, I don't think that its that big a jump for her.

~Ciri was never dim, she knew that there was something between them even back then.

I am not arguing that Ciri should try and kill her father and Triss... but there SHOULD be some drama, some conflict. Something to make the player feel conflict WITH the characters they love.
That is High End game design (and even character/story design). WHy not do it?
To make Geralt's choice as easy and harmless as possible...

But to be fair, I don't care what Blinky has to say...She have no idea what love is, anyway :D :D

Because having Ciri act completely out of character for the sake of drama is the last thing the game needs.

I remember Ciri being fairly fiery... I dont think her first reaction would be so simple. Especially since she loves her mother too :p

Then where will you put it? It HAS to be personal. And MAKE the player feel uncomfortable. Else the choices lose a lot of their ... strength? Meaning even.

lore-wise she loves Yen AS much (or more) as Geralt. So why not think of her happiness ?
True. But she understands that she can't influence his feelings. She wouldn't want him to be unhappy in order for her to be happy. She doesn't intend to live with them, and she would certainly respect his choice.

Why is it not needed here? The game actually needs it in many areas anyway... but why not here?
It HAS to be personal. And MAKE the player feel uncomfortable.
You want the game to force player even more into choosing Yen?
And isn't rejecting Yen dramatic enough for you? I actually felt quite bad back then, though I love Triss much more.

I remember Ciri being fairly fiery... I dont think her first reaction would be so simple. Especially since she loves her mother too :p

Then where will you put it? It HAS to be personal. And MAKE the player feel uncomfortable. Else the choices lose a lot of their ... strength? Meaning even.

Caring for Yen, doesn't mean she wouldn't be accepting of what makes Geralt happy imo.
No i don't think reactivity has to make the player feel uncomfortable. Don't think choices lose their strength or meaning if reactivity isn't accompanied by forced cheap drama.

Ohh she MAY accept it. Maybe even eventually support it.
But it should not happen immediately. And so... easily. Especially since... lore-wise she loves Yen AS much (or more) as Geralt. So why not think of her happiness ?
In my opinion it would be selfish from Ciri to attack Geralt's choice just because she loves Yen more and feels that he should be with her. She may not like that Geralt choose Triss, but her acceptance makes sense to me, she simply respects his decision. We have yet to see how the added scene will look, TW3 has nice facial expressions, maybe her face will be sad or surprised or she will indicate it by body language that that is not what she expected, but in any case I don't think she should make any scene about it.

Last edited:
Because having Ciri act completely out of character for the sake of drama is the last thing the game needs.

I know right. Ciri is not one to argue about Geralt choices, just because people want drama doesnt mean others want to see ciri throw a fit and argue. Ciri arguing about Geralt choice is so outbof character. She is more likely to say "I'm happy for you" or something along those lines.

Can't win around here everyone will have something to complain about. Geralt doesn't have enough scars, Triss is too nice, she's too mean, Ciri is not ciri, why is Kaer Morhen call Kaer Morhen. OMG get over it. If you feel that strongly about it create a new forum to address your concerns and the dev will take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom