Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
True. But she understands that she can't influence his feelings. She wouldn't want him to be unhappy in order for her to be happy. She doesn't intend to live with them, and she would certainly respect his choice.

You want the game to force player even more into choosing Yen?

The game does a bad job of pushing the player to Yen :p. Especially considering some of its design choices.
But at least it has the "balls" to throw things against the player with Yen. The Ceris dialogue, the strange dialogue with Eskel for example. At least some level of doubt thrown against the player.
*4A Games :p *

You are giving Ciri WAAAAAY too much credit. I mean most experienced in life and grown in healthy families and peaceful times peoples cant act like that (at least not fully).

Caring for Yen, doesn't mean she wouldn't be accepting of what makes Geralt happy imo.
No i don't think reactivity has to make the player feel uncomfortable. Don't think choices lose their strength or meaning if reactivity isn't accompanied by forced cheap drama.

Well seems like the type of game design you like is DEFINITELY not the one I like...
For what it is worth, most games are designed for you :p

In my opinion it would be selfish from Ciri to attack Geralt's choice just because she loves Yen more and feels that he should be with her. She may not like that Geralt choose Triss, but her acceptance makes sense to me, she simply respects Geralt choice. We have yet to see how the added scene will look, TW3 has nice facial expressions, maybe her face will be sad or surprised or she will indicate it by body language that that is not what she expected, but in any case I don't think she should make any scene about it.

Exactly. Like a real person.
So you agree with all I said? I mean this is what I understand from your comment now :(

WHy not make a scene out of it at first at least? Can work out good. Can make the romance with Triss better, at least a bit deeper. Make Ciri more of a character rather than a plot device.
Make Geralt and the player acquire some of their "balls" :p for a lack of a better phrase at the moment.

*And people used to call me a book elitist :(
Here I am arguing for one of the things gaming does that no other art form can do quite as well... :(

"Sister" is the word used in game, not Mother.

I think Ciri sees Triss as an older Sister, which means that she cares a lot about her. But not as a mom and she could find bizarre that Geralt falls in love with Merigold. I would do.

That said, I think Ciri is smart (not mature) enough to stay out of this. Don't think her leaked reaction to Triss romance is bad at all.

---------- Updated at 12:21 PM ----------

Ciri isn't reasonable or mature in game, Imo. Just smart enough to stay out of it.

---------- Updated at 12:21 PM ----------

Ciri isn't reasonable or mature in game, Imo. Just smart enough to stay out of it.

You are giving Ciri WAAAAAY too much credit. I mean most experienced in life and grown in healthy families and peaceful times peoples cant act like that (at least not fully).
I think I might even underestimate her. She is almost 20, she went through so much things that she could be compared to some war veteran. Of course she is able to be calm about Geralt's choice.
And what is family for her? She almost didn't live in normal family. So this "father and mother break-up" isn't what it is for us.
And you shouldn't forget that she likes Triss a lot too. Remember how she tried to defend her from Yen's attacks on their way to Rivia?

No, you imply that Ciri should make some sort of scene when Geralt tells her that he is with Triss, and I disagree with that, accepting his choice is a reasonable thing to do, no matter that she loves Yen more.

Yes. Exactly. At first at least.

People... are not machines. We are not reasonable. Stories involving people are not always completely logical and reasonable. That is why they are so good.
ESPECIALLY people like Ciri.

Accepting is not a problem. Having impact however is. And not pampering the player all the time. That can make it more interesting... more involved... more personal. IF done well it can make both Triss's romance, Geralt and Ciri look more real. Make their stories more realistic.

Not stories of reasonable machines :p Those can be done well too... but this is not such a story.

I think I might even underestimate her. She is almost 20, she went through so much things that she could be compared to some war veteran. Of course she is able to be calm about Geralt's choice.
And what is family for her? She almost didn't live in normal family. So this "father and mother break-up" isn't what it is for us.
And you shouldn't forget that she likes Triss a lot too. Remember how she tried to defend her from Yen's attacks on their way to Rivia?

War veterans often are not the most stable people...

I dont forget that she likes Triss. What makes you think that?

Because a lot happened in between Kaer Morhen and the games.

Doesn't change the fact that Triss was once a Mother figure for Ciri.

She expresses that in Book? I really don't know. It's not that easy for an orphan Child to think someone as a Mother figure. Adopted Kids take years sometimes before call their stepmoms moms.

Unless is stated on books or in game I find this a long stretch...

Yep the current Ciri response is exactly the reasonable response i'd expect from the character.

The girl who steals horses? She's seldom reasonable in game :) But it was the righ answer, the leaked one.

Controversial as hell.

But truuuuuuuue ahaha.

As if anyone would go to the lengths Geralt did in the first book if he didn't care immensely for her.

It seem everyone's forgotten about that. You don't go to such length for a person you view only as a friend. There is something there but people who are set in thinking Triss is the big bad boogy monster will never admit it.

People change in the real world and in the virtual world is no different. People make decisions in life every day and realize at some point it wasn't fulfilling enough then reverse course to find happiness.

It's call LIFE.

Ciri is pretty independent person. With or without booksfacts and that's easy to realize it.
She doesn't need Geralt's advices as he doesn't too. She won't live/want in Kovir with Geralt and Triss.
Triss/Ciri possible relationship is overrated and honestly I don't need it. Her (Ciri's) rad temper is not what I want to see close to Triss.

Enough impulsive persons in Geralt's life.
Time for peaceful life in harmony.

@DaWitcher I don't see people on Yen topic saying Ciri dislikes Triss.

You got it wrong.

It's more like: "she's dumping mom to stay with SIS?"

Even so, I don't agree Blinky would be dumb enough to step in this subject. It's Geralt choice. She'd keep her thoughts for herself.

Accepting is not a problem. Having impact however is. And not pampering the player all the time. That can make it more interesting... more involved... more personal. IF done well it can make both Triss's romance, Geralt and Ciri look more real. Make their stories more realistic.

It's not pampering, you don't have to have a fight or arguement to get a meaniful interaction. You can have a perfectly reasonable conversation without fight or arguement and still get a meaniful exchange. Both character are as realistic as they are ever going to get. Use the imagination for more, I do it all the time. You would be amazed when you see where your imagination can take you.

Not stories of reasonable machines :p Those can be done well too... but this is not such a story.

Reasonable machines. Just because the character is reasonable doesn't mean they are machine. Read above.

War veterans often are not the most stable people...
Who are you calling unstable. Lol we have feeling too you know. :)

Last edited:
the fact that Triss was once a Mother

I'm almost not cringing anymore when see a word 'interpretation', but, please, be merciful, don't write 'the fact' :lol:

she went through so much things that she could be compared to some war veteran. Of course she is able to be calm about Geralt's choice.

Exactly. That's why she valued that much every moment with Geralt and Yen in the past. And according to her words in TW3, she had a fun time running and hiding from Eredin in alien worlds for a few years. Then she reunited with her family, closest people in her whole life, just to find that they broke apart. And all that she has to say - reassuring one-liners.

Seems reasonable to me, no shit.

Last edited:
Ciri is pretty independent person. With or without booksfacts and that's easy to realize it.
She doesn't need Geralt's advices as he doesn't too. She won't live/want in Kovir with Geralt and Triss.
Triss/Ciri possible relationship is overrated and honestly I don't need it. Her (Ciri's) rad temper is not what I want to see close to Triss.

Enough impulsive persons in Geralt's life.
Time for peaceful life in harmony.

She is independent. Hence why I am trying to give her SOME character... not to be there to stroke the player's ego all the time :(

I am not using book facts. Rather game and story design here :( .
Was I not clear :( I mean I tried... so fault rests on me for not being completely clear :(

You may not need it. But the characters do.

A story like the Witcher 3 does not work with peace and harmony :p

---------- Updated at 02:48 PM ----------

It's not pampering, you don't have to have a fight or arguement to get a meaniful interaction. You can have a perfectly reasonable conversation without fight or arguement and still get a meaniful exchange. Both character are as realistic as they are ever going to get. Use the imagination for more, I do it all the time. You would be amazed when you see where your imagination can take you.

Reasonable machines. Just because the character is reasonable doesn't mean they are machine. Read above.

War veterans often are not the most stable people... [/QUOTE]
Who are you calling unstable. Lol we have feeling too you know. :)[/QUOTE]

Well it is pampering. I am not saying she should try to beat up Triss and Geralt... rather react like a character. A human. With an opinion.
Not an NPC that is put there to make the player feel good. Because she is in many ways just that right now. And that saddens me (especially the video game lover in me).

Humans can be reasonable machines at best. They are not devoid of emotions though. This is mostly the Bioware approach... and it is often artificial.

Obviously I do not mean all war veterans. Hence the "often" .
And personal experience was with the "often".

She expresses that in Book? I really don't know. It's not that easy for an orphan Child to think someone as a Mother figure. Adopted Kids take years sometimes before call their stepmoms moms.

Unless is stated on books or in game I find this a long stretch...

The term 'Mother Figure' doesn't mean that Ciri has to call her 'Mum' it's simply that she was the major female influence in her life while at Kaer Morhen; Triss educated, cared for and treated Ciri with a Mother-like conviction - Consider the 'Disposition' scene from the books.

Nenneke is Geralt's Mother figure, he never calls her 'Mum' ~ Nenneke even threatens to beat him if he dares call her that; but it doesn't change the fact - Just as Vesemir is Geralt's Father figure too - and Nenneke and Vesemir haven't even met as far as we're told - It's just a term.

Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. It's going to get nowhere so let agree to disagree and move to the next order on the agenda, which is....

The lovely Triss. I like pampering her because her highness Triss Merigold of Maribor deserves to be pampered day and night by the witcher Geralt of Rivia. :)

But she calls her Sister, which means, Imo, Merigold was never a True Mother figure to her.

Don't get me wrong: in my Book SIS to SIS is as strong as daughter to mom.

Ciri to Triss could be as strong as Ciri to Yennefer.

Only mom to daughter, Yennefer to Ciri, is stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom