Triss Merigold of Maribor (All Spoilers) Resurgence

+
Triss Merigold of Maribor (All Spoilers) Resurgence

Triss Merigold of Maribor

Screen Shot By: @0nakita

Triss Merigold of Maribor is a sorceress. She is called the "Fourteenth of the Hill" because she was believed to have been killed during the Battle of Sodden Hill. She is a friend of Yennefer and witcher Geralt of Rivia, and is unhappily in love with the latter. She took care of Ciri at Kaer Morhen for some time and is like an older sister to her. It was through her intervention that Ciri was not inadvertently given harmful hormones which might have negatively impacted her "womanly assets". She was a member of King Foltest's royal council along with Fercart and Keira Metz, as well as a founding member of the Lodge of Sorceresses. She is a skilled healer and carries with her many magical potions, but she never uses them on herself because she is allergic to magical elixirs and potions. She is also quite a powerful mage, certainly when it counts most and when a situation rose up where she had to prove her talent, she left everyone speechless and impressed of how far talented and powerful a young and inexperienced sorceress such as herself can do and what she can accomplish.

Commissioned By: @DaWitcher & @FarrySquall
Triss, Rosina, Geralt

Commissioned By: @DaWitcher

Triss and Geralt. Romantic Vacation at Kaer Morhen
Commissioned By: @Alexey25 @FarrySquall @DaWitcher

A beautiful Rose

Remembrance of the place
Where I first give you a Rose
From my heart a Rose that last forever
True love to overcome troubles
First, love to give you strength
My love will heal your pain

Screen Shot By: @0nakita

Thanks to @LionOfVenice For Material

Triss- Blood of Elves by Andrzej Sapkowski

"She slipped the fur cape from her shoulders, removed her fox-fur hat and, with a swift movement of the head, tousled her hair – long, full locks the colour of fresh chestnuts, with a sheen of gold, her pride and identifying characteristic. Ciri sighed with admiration. Triss smiled, pleased by the effect she’d had. Beautiful, long, loose hair was a rarity, an indication of a woman’s position, her status, the sign of a free woman, a woman who belonged to herself. The sign of an unusual woman – because “normal” maidens wore their hair in plaits, “normal” married women hid theirs beneath a caul or a coif. Women of high birth, including queens, curled their hair and styled it. Warriors cut it short.

She also had blue eyes and a twenty-two inches waist that she was always proud of and she was always on a diet to keep it this way.
"

Geralt's admits his feelings after seeing Triss at Kaer Morhen: Blood of Elves by Andrzej Sapkowski

“I studied your impressive tombstone with my own eyes. The obelisk in memory of your heroic death at the battle of Sodden. The news that it was a mistake only reached me recently. I can’t understand how anyone could mistake anyone else for you, Triss.”

“It’s a long story,” she answered. “I’ll tell you some time. And please forgive me for the disagreeable moment.”

“There’s nothing to forgive. I’ve not had many reasons to be happy of late and the feelings I experienced on hearing that you lived cannot compare to any other. Except perhaps what I feel now when I look at you.”

Triss felt something explode inside her. Her fear of meeting the white-haired witcher, which had accompanied her throughout her journey, had struggled within her with her hope of having such a meeting. Followed by the sight of that tired, jaded face, those sick eyes which saw everything, cold and calculating, which were unnaturally calm but yet so infused with emotion…

She threw her arms around his neck, instantly, without thinking. She caught hold of his hand, abruptly placed it on the nape of her neck, under her hair. A tingling ran down her back, penetrated her with such rapture she almost cried out. In order to muffle and restrain the cry her lips found his lips and stuck to them. She trembled, pressing hard against him, her excitement building and increasing, forgetting herself more and more.
Geralt did not forget himself.

“Triss… Please.”

“Oh, Geralt… So much…”

“Triss.” He moved her away delicately. “We’re not alone… They’re coming.”

Screenshot By: @Alexey25

Battle of Sodden Hill as described by Triss: Blood of Elves by Andrzej Sapkowski

"I stood on that Hill next to Vilgefortz, next to Artaud Terranova, next to Fercart, next to Enid Findabair and Philippa Eilhart, next to your Yennefer. Next to those who no longer exist – Coral, Yoël, Vanielle…

There was a moment when out of sheer terror I forgot all my spells except for one – and thanks to that spell I could have teleported myself from that horrific place back home, to my tiny little tower in Maribor.

There was a moment, when I threw up from fear, when Yennefer and Coral held me up by the shoulders and hair—”

“Stop. Please, stop.”

“No, Geralt. I won’t. After all, you want to know what happened there, on the Hill. So listen – there was a din and flames, there were flaming arrows and exploding balls of fire, there were screams and crashes, and I suddenly found myself on the ground on a pile of charred, smoking rags, and I realised that the pile of rags was Yoël and that thing next to her, that awful thing, that trunk with no arms and no legs which was screaming so horrifically was Coral. And I thought the blood in which I was lying was Coral’s blood. But it was my own. And then I saw what they had done to me, and I started to howl, howl like a beaten dog, like a battered child— Leave me alone! Don’t worry, I’m not going to cry. I’m not a little girl from a tiny tower in Maribor any more. Damn it, I’m Triss Merigold, the Fourteenth One Killed at Sodden.

There are fourteen graves at the foot of the obelisk on the Hill, but only thirteen bodies. You’re amazed such a mistake could have been made? Most of the corpses were in hard-to-recognise pieces – no one identified them. The living were hard to account for, too. Of those who had known me well, Yennefer was the only one to survive, and Yennefer was blind. Others knew me fleetingly and always recognised me by my beautiful hair. And I, damn it, didn’t have it any more!” Geralt held her closer. She no longer tried to push him away.

“They used the highest magics on us,” she continued in a muted voice, “spells, elixirs, amulets and artefacts. Nothing was left wanting for the wounded heroes of the Hill. We were cured, patched up, our former appearances returned to us, our hair and sight restored. You can hardly see the marks. But I will never wear a plunging neckline again, Geralt. Never.”

Her hair was magically restored back to it's former appearance and the injury she sustained on her chest during the battle was also healed using high magic. Her physical injuries were completely gone without leaving any scars, but she was left with a degree of mental scarring.

Thanedd Coup: Blood of Elves by Andrzej Sapkowski

Triss also saved Geralt's life during The Thanedd coup after he was seriously wounded by Vilgefortz and was left there dying at the end of the skirmish by transporting him to Brokilon with the help of Tissaia de Vries.

Triss helping Geralt get to the dryads of Brokilon to save him. From Baptism of fire by Andrzej Sapkowsky

Milva was annoyed. The healer was known for her taciturnity. But Milva had already heard excited accounts from dryads in the eastern marches of Brokilon; she already knew the details of the events that had occurred a fortnight earlier. About the chestnut-haired sorceress who had appeared in Brokilon in a burst of magic; about the cripple with a broken arm and leg she had been dragging with her. A cripple who had turned out to be the Witcher, known to the dryads as Gwynbleidd: the White Wolf.

At first, according to the dryads, no one had known what steps to take. The mutilated witcher screamed and fainted by turns, Aglaïs had applied makeshift dressings, the sorceress cursed and wept. Milva did not believe that at all: who has ever seen a sorceress weep? And later the order came from Duén Canell, from the silver-eyed Eithné, the Lady of Brokilon. Send the sorceress away, said the ruler of the Forest of the Dryads. And tend to the Witcher

Triss's First &True Love: Blood of Elves by Andrzej Sapkowski

Then Geralt of Rivia appeared. A witcher leading a stormy life, and tied to her good friend Yennefer in a strange, turbulent and almost violent relationship. Triss had watched them both and was jealous even though it seemed there was little to be jealous of. Their relationship quite obviously made them both unhappy, had led straight to destruction, pain and yet, against all logic… it had lasted. Triss couldn’t understand it. And it had fascinated her. It had fascinated her to such an extent that… …she had seduced the witcher – with the help of a little magic. She had hit on a propitious moment, a moment when he and Yennefer had scratched at each other’s eyes yet again and had abruptly parted. Geralt had needed warmth, and had wanted to forget. No, Triss had not desired to take him away from Yennefer. As a matter of fact, her friend was more important to her than he was. But her brief relationship with the witcher had not disappointed. She had found what she was looking for – emotions in the form of guilt, anxiety and pain. His pain. She had experienced his emotions, it had excited her and, when they parted, she had been unable to forget it. And she had only recently understood what pain is. The moment when she had overwhelmingly wanted to be with him again. For a short while – just for a moment – to be with him.

Triss always felt that Yennefer's relationship with Geralt was toxic and she wasn't the only one. She envied her for having him.

Screenshot By: @0nakita

Vesemir Loves Triss: Blood of Elves by Andrzej Sapkowski

Vesemir welcoming Triss to Kaer Morhen.

“Triss, my child!”

“Vesemir!”

Vesemir was really very old. Who knows, he could be even older than Kaer Morhen. But he walked towards her with a brisk, energetic and sprightly step; his grip was vigorous and his hands strong.

“I am happy to see you again, Grandfather.”

“Give me a kiss. No, not on the hand, little sorceress. You can kiss my hand when I’m resting on my bier. Which will, no doubt, be soon. Oh, Triss, it is a good thing you have come… Who can cure me if not you?”

“Cure, you? Of what? Of behaving like a child, surely! Take your hand from my backside, old man, or I’ll set fire to that grey beard of yours!”

“Forgive me. I keep forgetting you are grown up, and I can no longer put you on my knee and pat you. As to my health… Oh, Triss, old age is no joke. My bones ache so I want to howl. Will you help an old man, child?”

“I will.” The enchantress freed herself from his bearlike embrace.

Screenshot By: @0nakita

Link to Triss Fanart/Fanfiction:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threa...86#post1863686

Inconsistencies Highlighted ( Thanks to @DaWitcher and Very Powerful Dedicated Triss Minions):

TRISS INCONSISTENCIES

Areas we like to see improve base on the previous thread. I added a little detail based on recent inputs from the current thread.

Suggested fixes requires very minimum and in most cases no new scenes, just minor tweaks to existing visuals and dialogue.

1. ROSE OF REMEMBRANCE: Be able to give it back to Triss at some point preferably before final battle.

2. NOVIGRAD: Not being able to tell her that we broke up with Yen for good (We should be able to tell her that we broke up with Yen during that conversation where she asks about her). If the player choose to complete skellege first

-Triss providing more information about our house in Pont Vanis as she said she would after saving Philippa.

3. KAER MORHEN: Her not being present at Kaer Morhen (She really should be there, we are missing out on the biggest part of their relationship, the reunion). Have some interaction with the characters at kaer morhen.

-YEN FORCED KISS
It should be changed with a hug, if Triss romanced, or have a dialogue between Geralt and Triss about that Kiss(scene tweak - instead of saying good to see you, he should walk up to her kiss/hug).

-Ciri and Triss need some dialogue at Kaer Morhen or on boat they don't speak to each other except for the hug at Kaer Morhen.

-During the Witcher drinking session with Lambert and Eskel if Geralt romance Triss, dialogue option should allow him to discuss it with his fellow Witchers. (No changes to scene just dialogue tweak/addition and Triss presence).

-It would be nice for Vesemir to acknowledge their relationship before he falls in battle if Geralt romance Triss.

-And for the love of Witcher consistency please have Triss be at Kaer Morhen when Geralt invite her and not show up later after Geralt brings Ciri and then credit Yen for it.

-Vesemir funeral scene can be tweaked to have Geralt's love interest comfort him a little like he comforted Ciri. Nothing major and does not require major scene changes just minor tweaks and dialogue. (Very significant because of Geralt and Vesemir relation like father and son)

-Lastly, may be too much but, Geralt and Triss can have a meaningful scene at kaer morhen. Does not have to be another romantic scene, can be discussion about future plans at the table with the other witchers (Minor scene tweak)

4. ISLE OF MIST: During the Isle of Mist when Geralt and Ciri are having their little conversation about her journey through world's, have Ciri ask him about what's been happening with him. Perfect time to talk about Geralt and Triss relationship and his decision to be with her if Geralt romance Triss. (No scene change just more dialogue).

5. BOAT/FINAL BATTLE PREPARATIONS/FINAL BATTLE: Have some dialog about Kovir and their future plans on the boat, it is the perfect place for Triss and Geralt to hash out those details she promised they'll discuss later (Dialogue mostly)

-A Conversation on the boat in Skellige (Being able to interact with her and do anything other than "Well?").

-A romantic conversation with her in the tent before the final battle (If Geralt romance her). "Good luck" from Triss to Geralt before the final battle does not adequately portray a lovers concern for the severity and dangers of the coming battle.

-A conversation between Triss and Geralt about alvin note.

6. WORLD ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF PLAYER CHOICE: NPC acknowledges player choices and romantic interest or have the dialogue option to correct/inform them. (Cerys and other Characters like her)

Dev Responses

Originally Posted by GingerEffect

Since Marcin has updated you a little, I'd like to add a bit to that, since apparently some people seem to believe this particular issue is getting preferential treatment.

Here is the thing. The major thing. I know it's gonna be a shock to some but...we are not perfect. (LEGASP!!!!!)

The biggest issue that we as a team identified with the Triss situation is that the current implementation does not really represent the very core design philosophy we hold dear. Namely, that your choices carry consequences and those consequences WILL present themselves to you.

As it has been stated in the opening thread, the consequences of choosing Triss are not adequately represented. This was something that was brought to our attention by this thread. We went back and looked at it again and realized that yes, this is indeed an inconsistency and one that deserves our attention. So we sat down, took our notes from your suggestions and checked what is viable to do. The result of that is what you will eventually see.

To the people who are somehow annoyed that we will correct the inconsistent consequences that are currently present in the Triss romance I say this: Please understand that this is not a case of us changing something simply because fans want it. This is because fans alerted us to something which we, internally, discussed (hence the long silence in between replies) and eventually agreed that it did not fit our core philosophy of including consequences to the choices the player can make.

In any case, I hope this clears things up a bit and puts a rest to the infighting about which issue deserves what kind of attention.

Now, off to work!
:scooter:

Originally Posted by Marcin Momot

Just to let everyone know. We pay very close attention to everything you guys write in this thread. We will be addressing this situation by adding/changing some dialogue stuff in the future - more info on this will come later so pardon my scarce input for the time being. This should help with the immersion. And once again, thank you all for your valuable feedback.

Ballad, poetry and limerick about Geralt and Triss:

Our future tied together as one we cherish
Your hair beautifully red as a crimson sunset
Our love that will never perish
Since the first time we me

To dream of your sweet smile
Our love knew no bounds
The opposite of vile
From the moment our feelings were found

The white wolf struggling to find warmth
Till the sorceress softened his heart
Their future awaits in the North
And never again were to be apart

Our love knew no bounds
The opposite of vile

An amnesia linked to a rose of remembrance
Where a friend became something much more
A new love moved forward from the previous ones resemblance
A bond that can’t be tainted at its core

Our love knew no bounds
The opposite of vile

Fanfiction about Triss and Geralt
My Heart Will Always Recognize You (By:Yours Truly)
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11605759/1/My-Heart-Will-Always-Recognize-You

Happily Ever After? (By: MissMerigold)
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11465265/1/Happily-Ever-After

Hunting For A Raven (By: @Archtects)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11487582/1/Hunting-For-A-Raven

The Heart of a Witcher (By: storylover90)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11439337/1/The-Heart-of-a-Witcher

Temptation (By: Danish Existence)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8132992/1/Temptation

Baile (By: Dynamitecoco_puff)

http://archiveofourown.org/works/4214436?view_adult=true

Video about Triss and Geralt

MORE TO FOLOW

Work in Progress

Attachments

• 2015-07-30_00408.jpg
    2015-07-30_00408.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 394
  • 2015-07-30_00430.jpg
    2015-07-30_00430.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 418
  • witcher3 2015-08-20 14-54-54-52_zpszmtuvxfa.jpg
    witcher3 2015-08-20 14-54-54-52_zpszmtuvxfa.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 478
  • The Witcher 3 06.20.2015 - 22.59.04.88.mp4_20150630_230554.485_zps3w7iqfgl.jpg
    The Witcher 3 06.20.2015 - 22.59.04.88.mp4_20150630_230554.485_zps3w7iqfgl.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 653
  • 906ae93d69a5_zpswkl9oero.jpg
    906ae93d69a5_zpswkl9oero.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:
Triss always felt that Yennefer's relationship with Geralt was toxic and she wasn't the only one. She envied her for having him..
The magic she used wasn't used to seduce Geralt."

Just pointing out an inconsistency. That part was never in the books, so quotation mark is out of place. Don't know if that was accidental or not.

Also this:
she had seduced the witcher – with the help of a little magic.

is contradicted by the latter part of the first quote.

Just sayin'.

Last edited:
Just pointing out an inconsistency. That part was never in the books, so quotation mark is out of place. Don't know if that was accidental or not.

Also this:

is contradicted by the latter part of the first quote.

Just sayin'.

Thanks, still working on it will fix any mistakes in there I am literally running on coffee and coffee. School plus this is turning me into a Zombie.

Last edited:
“Forgive me. I keep forgetting you are grown up, and I can no longer put you on my knee and pat you. As to my health… Oh, Triss, old age is no joke. My bones ache so I want to howl. Will you help an old man, child?”

Always wondered about this quote; What do you guys make out of it? Vesemir making stuff up or exaggerating, a plot hole, or did Triss know Vesemir before she knew Geralt?

Always wondered about this quote; What do you guys make out of it? Vesemir making stuff up or exaggerating, a plot hole, or did Triss know Vesemir before she knew Geralt?

I think Triss come to Kaer Mohen while she still just a child, and Vesemir took care of her. That maybe also explain why the Witchers there seem to trust her than other.

The problem is why Triss come to Kaer Mohen when she is a child unless.....:shuriken:

I got the impression Vesemir knew her when she was little (maybe he knew her family) then stayed in touch when she grew up and became a sorceress. Blood of Elves is not her first visit to Kaer Morhen, so perhaps Vesemir invites her there sometimes to help with healing injured witchers and other things.

Triss when I first played Witcher 1 I never trusted her through the game , not so much the beginning but later when you find she has several pokers in the fire . It was like what is her agenda ?

The Witcher 2 comes along and pretty much makes it so she is the only person you can trust .

The Witcher 3 while the organizing the mages to leave Novigrad was a big under taking it was a shame she didn't have a pivotal roll in the out come.

With all that happened through the three games Triss had become a comfort character whether intentional or not she is a fixture in game romantically or other .
to have full understanding of her would be greatly appreciated and thank you for this post .

So much like the Yennefer thread, we're fine to see these threads exist once again, so long as discussion stays clean and on-point.

Obviously the new Romance Dialogues is going to be a part of that discussion, whether now or in the future when they're released. However what isn't going to help that discussion, or any Triss discussion for that matter, is ego stroking over the fact that said changes ended up happening. The folk who brought up and persisted in regards to that situation have already been appropriately thanked and given commendations countless times, and it's ultimately pointless to actually providing discussion here.
This is a rhetorical statement, a guideline or warning depending on how you see it, and I'm not interested in replies or opinions on this matter.

Sorry if I'm coming off like a prick here, but it's just something I have to get out of the way. Otherwise, don't be scared, feel free to talk about Triss to your hearts content and hopefully folk can enjoy a nice, healthy discussion thread about Triss.

Cheers.

Triss when I first played Witcher 1 I never trusted her through the game , not so much the beginning but later when you find she has several pokers in the fire . It was like what is her agenda ?

Witcher 1 Triss is a bit weird because they give her dialogue lines from several different characters in the books (herself, Yennefer, Philippa, maybe others). As far as I see it her situation is this:

In the books, Triss is young, ambitious, and idealistic. She is powerful enough to get the attention of old famous sorceresses like Philippa, and Philippa is able to give her a sense of mission. At first this mission is keeping peace and security in the northern kingdoms, and later with the Lodge it is to protect the interests of mages in the whole known world. Like many young talented people she commits herself entirely to the cause, until late in the books when the suffering of people she cares about gives her doubts. In the last book she feels that the senior Lodge members have been lying to her and manipulating her, and she goes with Ciri to seek forgiveness from Yen and Geralt. Then Yen and Geralt apparently die and Ciri disappears, leaving Triss with no one except the Lodge.

Moving forward several years to Witcher 1, Triss is still friends with the Witchers, but her life is in Vizima working for the Lodge in Temerian politics. Kaer Morhen is more likely a retreat/vacation for her where she can escape for a while. Geralt returning stirs up lots of old feelings, but throughout Witcher 1 the Lodge is still the center of Triss's life. Helping Geralt to destroy Salamandra also helps Triss move back into a royal advisory position (since at the end of the books Foltest and several other kings expelled the mages from their councils).

The megascope conversation with Keira (it looked like keira) in Witcher 1 is ambiguous about what Triss is hiding from Geralt. The Lodge is supposed to be secret, so that is one possibility. The other possibility is that Triss knows Yennefer is alive in Nilfgaard, and Triss is hiding this to keep Geralt with her. I don't know why the rest of the Lodge would want to hide Yennefer though, since Geralt running off south to look for her would get him "out of the way." Triss would be upset, but Philippa and Sile would be happy to see him gone. The weird part of the conversation is that nothing ever results from it- Triss helps out Geralt no matter what, and the business with Alvin is the only time she tries to influence the choices he makes.

Where is the Ciri-Triss sister bond come from?

I remember that when Triss meet Ciri in the first book, Triss is like around 45? and Ciri 10?. And i didn't recall Triss ever recall Ciri sister or vice versa

And past the large gap to the end of the books before Ciri go away with Geralt and Yen, Triss suddenly call her "sister"

Am i missing something?

---------- Updated at 11:58 AM ----------

The Witcher 2 comes along and pretty much makes it so she is the only person you can trust.

Doubt that, the first time i play Witcher 2 i really feel suspicious when talk with Triss in the dungeon (save her because i think it is the only right choice, Triss is Geralt's friend/lover not Saskia/Anais):

-Why Sile/Philippa scare of Geralt? Two powerful mage scare of one man army
-Why the Lodge stop trusting Triss, is this because of Geralt?? This bring back to point 1 again

And i didn't recall Triss ever recall Ciri sister or vice versa

Triss thought about Ciri as a little sister couple of times.

Baptism of Fire:
And perhaps I’ll finally learn who Ciri really is. Ciri; the Queen of the North to them, but the flaxen-haired witcher-girl of Kaer Morhen to me. A girl I still think of as a younger sister.

Lady of the Lake:
So it was here, thought Triss Merigold, looking around the room, looking at the tapestries, painting and numerous hunting trophies. Here in this room, after the devastation of the throne room, a memorable conversation took place between Calanthe, the witcher, Pavetta and an enchanted hedgehog. Here the Queen agreed to a strange marriage. After all, the princess was already pregnant and Ciri was born less than eight months later... Ciri, the heiress to the throne, the young lion with the Lioness’s blood... Ciri, my little sister. Who is now apparently far away to the south. Fortunately, no longer alone, she is with Geralt and Yennefer. She’s safe.
Ciri, on the other hand, never explicitly said or thought so :)

Triss thought about Ciri as a little sister couple of times.

Ciri, on the other hand, never explicitly said or thought so :)

Doesn't mean anything if she didn't say this, Ciri loves Triss as Triss loves Ciri,and always will be her little sister,this was shown in the books.

So if Ciri doesn't call her "sister",either of this happens behind the scenes,or simply calls her by name(Triss), Btw I like it;)

Last edited:
All the way at the end of the books Triss calls Ciri "Little Sister" as well, and she says it as if its the normal way of addressing her; so I imagine that is what she called Ciri during the blood of elves, but it was "off screen", no specific mentions during the blood of elves.

Triss is like around 45? and Ciri 10?

As far as age goes, I don't see how that matters, it's just a way to show Triss cares more about her then some random girl\acquaintance.

Great job on the OP, DaWitcher !

Where is the Ciri-Triss sister bond come from?
I remember that when Triss meet Ciri in the first book, Triss is like around 45? and Ciri 10?. And i didn't recall Triss ever recall Ciri sister or vice versa
I believe it comes from when Ciri was training at Kaer Morhen. Living amongst witchers was not easy, especially when she started to have some girly issues. That's when Triss helped her just like an older sister would do it. And she kept looking after her, taking care of her. Even if both doesn't say it explicitly, they create some form of sister relationship.
Technically, it could have been a mother figure too, but that role was always Yen's in the eyes of Ciri. :)

Doesn't mean anything if she didn't say this, Ciri loves Triss as Triss loves Ciri,and always will be her little sister,this was shown in the books.

So if Ciri doesn't call her "sister",either of this happens behind the scenes,or simply calls her by name(Triss), Btw I like it;)
Yep, in book where shown that Ciri loves and care for Triss, how she ran to her, to save her no matter of that she could die or be injured.

'Triiiiiisss!' Ciri straightened in the saddle, thumping her horse with her heels.
The Scoia'taelturned towards her and arrows whistled past the girl's ears. She shook her head withoutslowing her gallop. She heard Geralt shout, ordering her to flee into the woods. She did not intend to obey.
She leaned down and bolted straight towards the archers shooting at her.Suddenly she smelt the overpowering scent of the white rose pinned to her jerkin.

'Triiiiisss!'The elves leaped out of the way of the speeding horses. Ciri caught one lightly with herstirrup. She heard a sharp buzz, hersteed struggled, whinnied and threw itself to the side. Ciri saw an arrow dug deep, just belowthe withers, right by her thigh.
She tore her feet from the stirrups, jumped up, squatted in thesaddle, bounced off strongly and leaped.
She fell softly on the body of the overturned wagon, used her hands to balance herself andjumped again, landing with bent knees next to Yarpen who was roaring and brandishing hisaxe.
Next to them, on the second wagon, Paulie Dahlberg was fighting while Regan, leaningback and bracing his legs against the board, was struggling to hold on to the harnessed horses.They neighed wildly, stamped their hooves and yanked at the shaft in fear of the firedevouring the canvas.

She rushed to Triss, who lay amongst the scattered barrels and chests, grabbed her by herclothes and started to drag her towards the overturned wagon. The enchantress moaned,holding her head just above the ear. Right by Ciri's side, hooves suddenly clattered and horsessnorted — two elves, brandishing their swords, were pressing the madly fighting Yarpen hard.The dwarf spun like a top and agilely deflected the blows directed against him with his axe.Ciri heard curses, grunts and the whining clang of metal.

Last edited:
Witcher 1 Triss is a bit weird because they give her dialogue lines from several different characters in the books (herself, Yennefer, Philippa, maybe others).

Yes, this can be noticed even without reading the books first, the game is not even consistent between its chapters. This is most noticeable in chapter 3, but not so much in the rest of the game.

The megascope conversation with Keira (it looked like keira) in Witcher 1 is ambiguous about what Triss is hiding from Geralt. The Lodge is supposed to be secret, so that is one possibility. The other possibility is that Triss knows Yennefer is alive in Nilfgaard, and Triss is hiding this to keep Geralt with her.

I think the secret is more likely to be related to the Lodge and politics, especially considering the rest of the conversation. It looks like CDPR did not have clear plans with Yennefer at the time when TW1 was made, and she does not seem to be mentioned anywhere in the game.

The weird part of the conversation is that nothing ever results from it- Triss helps out Geralt no matter what, and the business with Alvin is the only time she tries to influence the choices he makes.

Other than bringing Alvin, the only thing Geralt is convinced of doing after the mirror scene is the "Posh Reception" quest, which is indeed related to politics, but is also required to complete the main quest.

Guest 3847602

Witcher 1 Triss is a bit weird because they give her dialogue lines from several different characters in the books (herself, Yennefer, Philippa, maybe others).

Interesting for me was that Keira before the Battle of Kaer Morhen paraphrases Triss's dialogue with Ciri from The Blood of Elves:

“And who are you putting make-up on for, exactly?”
“Myself. A woman accentuates her beauty for her own self-esteem.”

[video=youtube;ToXkdAQN-KE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToXkdAQN-KE[/video]

Top Bottom