Triss Merigold of Maribor (All Spoilers) Resurgence

+
Not too much, but they are really good!

Good to hear.. Hope, that they added an option to tell her, that we are no longer with Yen in that rat basement (if one done Skellige before Novigrad, as I always did, because I want to be done with Yen before finding Triss)

yes i know this is not "correct" to attack someone or a group, but this just makes me really angry
and i am not sorry

Yes, it is not correct to attack someone or a group. You can be sure it will have consequences.

Guys, guys, guys...this before, during, after mb means:

1. Before he started to recover his memory (The Witcher 1)
2. During recovering his memory (The Witcher 2)
2. After recovering his memory (The Witcher 3)

From this point of view - all ok. :innocent:

He said "My amnesia changed nothing. Wanted to be with you before, during, after - always." He clearly means before the amnesia. So yeah, there are no exuses for this. Just another lore rape :whistle:

Want to be with you and love you are like miles apart...

Besides being something nice to tell to your current girlfriend who tried to be with you in the past and that you rejected, how is that invalidating the books? He might have wanted to be with her, but he didn't, because he was with Yen and loved her.....He never says his past with Yen was a mistake or anything of the the sort...

Simple thing is Geralt just reassuring her by saying something nice. Because it's nice and and they are together and will be in the foreseeable future , she won't really dwell too much on it whether it's true or not. Instead she'll just feel good about the words she's hearing...

Against nothing wrong here, just a nice and romantic conversation.

He said "My amnesia changed nothing. Wanted to be with you before, during, after - always." He clearly means before the amnesia. So yeah, there are no exuses for this. Just another lore rape

They missed word "curing".
But still - think positive ^_^

Or it means - curse wish was broken and... :devil:

Last edited:
He said "My amnesia changed nothing. Wanted to be with you before, during, after - always." He clearly means before the amnesia. So yeah, there are no exuses for this. Just another lore rape :whistle:

And exactly THIS is the thing, which is NOT ok... not even close to be OK. This is just so much against the BOOK lore...
that it really fuck things up .... even for me...

Stated before that i also feel the need to equal the "romance plots" out.... but THIS? no... this breaks it for me.
I was on the side ... hey i want to choose Triss ... why the heck she does not stay with us and is at KM when you
go with her... including second sexy time and joke around and so on.... maybe talking things over and clear things
up between all 3.

But this........ @ CDPR ... i like you listen to the community and your fans ... but there has to be a limit WHAT to do
and what not...

Bringing THIS sentence in... is just a BIG no no.

He might have wanted to be with her, but he didn't, because he was with Yen and loved her.....He never says his past with Yen was a mistake or anything of the the sort...

Uhm I thought we generally want to be with people we love... ;D So for book Geralt it was always Yennefer, not Triss - he wanted to retire with her, build a house etc (it's written in the text)

So in this context - yes this line breaks the lore, becasue it's a lie. But I don't really bother because it's no better than the infamous 'magic is gone' thing.

The problem is he doesn't say it like that, I mean sure, a lot of people will be happy with this, especially those who "interpretate" the books in a way, so it fits their imagination, at least that's what I heard :)

Triss: You'd recovered your memory, found Yennefer. So naturally, I thought the two of you'd--
Geralt: But it turned out my amnesia'd changed nothing. Wanted to be with you before, during, after - always.

So basically he says that his amnesia changed nothing, so before that (the amnesia) he was secretly already in love with her? Really? Everything that happened in the books was a lie?

Why?

Why is it so hard to say:
"Thanks to the amnesia I realized that there is more between us two, enough to try a relationship, but this time without memory loss, a real fresh start for us."

It wouldn't discard what happened in the books and it would underline that your Geralt has changed due the experience in the games.

This line is basically putting the whole relationship onto the non-canon way, because what happened in the books is wrong. I don't get why you guys from all aren't more upset about that. Instead of explaining that the games changed him, the games tells you he was always like this, telling you that your choice wasn't a choice at all.

Oh well, whatever. I guess I just have to face it that CDPR will just do anything for Triss. I survived the forced relationship with Triss in the previous games, I will survive one more lorebreaking line and instead of dealing with the amnesia like adults, Geralt just accepts that it was exploited by her, so much for that "submissive to Yennefer"-thing people always claim.

At least you guys got what you wanted and here I sit with a brat that doesn't even recognize her own mother and apparently a team with no intention to change that for the better.

I would like to say "good for you" (honestly, I never ruled out a relationship with Triss in discussions in the last years, however not like this, not by ignoring the books or "rewriting" them just so it fits), but with the knowledge that my issues aren't considered, well, feels bad.

Please people, before things disintegrate any further, this topic is not about discussing book lore. If you are upset about lore breaking, please find the appropriate topic. This topic is about Triss, so let us discuss Triss please. Please try your best not to bash others or the dev about book lore. I understand you are upset. Just find the appropriate topic for your concerns and make your case. I like to keep this forum on topic as much as possible please.

Thank you all for understanding.

Top Bottom