Triss Merigold of Maribor (All Spoilers) Resurgence

+
I'm half way through my Triss play through, the estate party is still kicking ass. But...

The convo in the lighthouse made me so uncomfortable and awkward, my toes were clenching the whole time. I'm not sure what to think of it.

Excited to see the new dialogues though, hopefully this new patch is sorted soon.

So, i don't want to install this game again (not until they do something about post-game state), can you tell me what's new in Triss stuff?

Last edited:
Triss love path is non-canon.
:sadtriss::geraltsad:....but wait...it still in game - despite all - :geraltfeelgood:

Last edited:
Forget about this let's think how do we request for Triss in Blood and Wine Expansion?

It may be too late already, chances are the expansion may already have been written and full production will begin after Hearts of Stone is released. Anyway, there is this thread in the suggestions forum where that request has been made. Although supporting it can apparently make some people upset, as it can be seen from the moderator post at the end.

Guest 3847602

It may be too late already, chances are the expansion may already have been written and full production will begin after Hearts of Stone is released. Anyway, there is this thread in the suggestions forum where that request has been made. Although supporting it can apparently make some people upset, as it can be seen from the moderator post at the end.

First, I think your sarcasm detector is a bit off, second in the thread you linked people weren't upset about it being suggested, they were voicing their disapproval for such expansion being created ;)

Did I miss where CDPR officially said that ? The only way a choice in the game really becomes canon or non-canon is if it is retconned by a sequel. And even TW2 for example does not make Shani non-canon in TW1.

I feel people misuse the word canon to try and claim some higher ground and it gets on my nerves. There's no such thing as game canon in regards this choice.

As to the blood & wine expansion. I hope a number of the core characters might have a role in it. Obviously decision has already been made & there's no need for petitions. If the likes of Triss and Yen have a planned role in it that would be ideal, if not then i'm still going to be interested to see how the expansion unfolds & it doesn't need them artificially inserted.

I feel people misuse the word canon to try and claim some higher ground and it gets on my nerves. There's no such thing as game canon in regards this choice.

I believe games have some kind of "canon".

You bring Alvin to Triss in TW1.

You start with Triss in TW2 (even if you romanced Shani). Then you break up with her after discovering your memories (that's why you split before TW3, the same way you wake up with Triss even romancing Shani)... and then you go back to Yennefer in TW3.

This is what it sounds to me.

It does NOT invalidate Shani from TW1 to TW2 or make Triss lesser than Yen for those who choose Merigold in TW3. It's just some kind of "normal path", in my opinion.

I believe games have some kind of "canon".

You bring Alvin to Triss in TW1.

You start with Triss in TW2 (even if you romanced Shani). Then you break up with her after discovering your memories (that's why you split before TW3, the same way you wake up with Triss even romancing Shani)... and then you go back to Yennefer in TW3.

This is what it sounds to me.

It does NOT invalidate Shani from TW1 to TW2 or make Triss lesser than Yen for those who choose Merigold in TW3. It's just some kind of "normal path", in my opinion.

I believe they only have canon where events are certain. Such as Geralt is with Triss at Start of Witcher 2 & parts with her between 2 & 3. I don't see there being a canon or normal path outside of this. The different choices people get to make are as normal/canon a path as each other.

Top Bottom