Triss Merigold of Maribor (All Spoilers) Resurgence

+
Does anyone have gif animation where Triss kills Menge?

Edit: higher quality version converted to WebM format (the animated GIF above is limited to 10 MB file size)

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I posted a thread entitled "ok dumb Triss question" and I received several responses but didn't get the opp to say "thanks" before the thread was locked, so-thanks.
Wish I could quote the poster, but there was a remark along the lines of "making sure we got what we wanted" in regards to Triss content, I assume(?).
Forgive my ignorance (new to the forum) but what was that post eluding to?
I also have to say "kudos to CDPR!"
I was stunned by how brilliant W3 is, given the size of CDPR.
Has there been any talk of another Witcher title in the IP's future?
(Perhaps not Geralt, but a new/another witcher.)
Sorry for all the ?'s, I realize several are OT.

Wish I could quote the poster, but there was a remark along the lines of "making sure we got what we wanted" in regards to Triss content, I assume(?).
Forgive my ignorance (new to the forum) but what was that post eluding to?

Probably to the new dialogues added in patch 1.10, which you can read in the post I linked in the other thread. Some people find these controversial, so discussing them often leads to locked threads. Therefore, I recommend joining this group if you have further questions regarding this issue.

Has there been any talk of another Witcher title in the IP's future?

According to an older interview with the developers, The Witcher 3 is intended to be the end of Geralt's story, but there may be more games in the future with different characters.

Probably to the new dialogues added in patch 1.10, which you can read in the post I linked in the other thread. Some people find these controversial, so discussing them often leads to locked threads. Therefore, I recommend joining this group if you have further questions regarding this issue.

According to an older interview with the developers, The Witcher 3 is intended to be the end of Geralt's story, but there may be more games in the future with different characters.

Great, thank you!
I didn't mean to "stir-the-pot" or bring up anything "controversial" ill claim innocence in the form of ignorance :)

Is this Triss wanted poster?

So Ewald wanted to find Triss for breaking in to vault?

Attachments

• 292030_screenshots_2015-10-14_00158.jpg
    292030_screenshots_2015-10-14_00158.jpg
    363.6 KB · Views: 67
I wonder: he didn't find her or she rejected such offer? :rolleyes:

p.s. Just for imagination - instead of searching for Dijkstra's treasury - she participate in robbery :thumbup:

Last edited:
Interesting arguement you make. I must say, you have full right to confine yourself to those rules. However, for some of us the rules are interpreted more openly. For the sake of discussion, enlightened me if you will. The rules you mentioned, are they the same rules that allows time travel, Djinn, magic portals, monters, white frost destroying worlds, fireballs from sky, body regeneration, mutations etc etc? And your arguement is the rules somehow completely eliminates the possibility of curing sterility? And because it says witchers and sorceresses are sterile there is no possible way that in a fictional story with so many fictional possibilities that sterility can be cured? Interesting arguement very interesting indeed.
Since when magic existing in a fictional world means that everything is possible?
All the things you mentioned exist in the world created by Sapkowski, but there are some rules that binds those things to certain logic.
That's one thing. The second is something I already told you. Geralt being sterile is part of his characteristics. It's something that defines him to some extent.
So him, suddenly being cured from that condition, makes him a tottaly different character.

This reminds me of something John Bradley - the actor who plays Samwell Tarly - said, when a fan questioned obesity of his character in conditions of constant cold, lack of food and the amount of physical effort he had to go through. Bradley responded, quite mockingly, and said that he was shocked that with the world, where dragons roam the sky it's the obesity of the character that he doubts.
I was surprised by that response, because even though there are supernatural elements in the world created by the author, they are still connected to laws that rule this world.

Since when magic existing in a fictional world means that everything is possible?
I agree with this, magic has its boundaries in which it exists and shouldn't be used as an excuse to allow anything someone might imagine happening in the world. Same excuse has been used in the racial debate. Geralt's sterility is one of defining parts of his personality, being something all witchers share. For me it's making his connection to Ciri that much stronger knowing that's the closest thing to a daughter he can have. I don't think he would ever try to cure his condition and in the confinements of the world I don't think it's even possible.

Adding the fact that sorceresses are also sterile the possibility of Geralt having children with Triss is not realistic at all. Despite her magical prowess and significant effort Yennefer failed to cure her sterility which pretty much shows that their condition is permanent and that magic can't help them in any way. Also, Triss was never shown as having a desire to cure herself or even regretting not being able to have children.

All the things you mentioned exist in the world created by Sapkowski, but there are some rules that binds those things to certain logic.
That's one thing. The second is something I already told you. Geralt being sterile is part of his characteristics. It's something that defines him to some extent.
So him, suddenly being cured from that condition, makes him a tottaly different character.

This reminds me of something John Bradley - the actor who plays Samwell Tarly - said, when a fan questioned obesity of his character in conditions of constant cold, lack of food and the amount of physical effort he had to go through. Bradley responded, quite mockingly, and said that he was shocked that with the world, where dragons roam the sky it's the obesity of the character that he doubts.
I was surprised by that response, because even though there are supernatural elements in the world created by the author, they are still connected to laws that rule this world.

That is fanfiction and fanart, i can make Geralt a god of ploughing or Triss is a god of lust in my fanfiction and no problem come from it. It is non-canon, there is even [size=+1]G[/size]aunter [size=+1]O[/size]' [size=+1]D[/size]imm in Witcher's world now and seem no one have problem with it.

For conclusion, you are free to believe that him, suddenly being cured from that condition, makes him a tottaly different character. but again this is fanfiction and fanart, so we can let our imagination fly ;)

@Kinley
Ohh mod take side, where the hell is neutrality? We are discuss very civil and no insult here. Until there is some blue guy who came in and mock some "certain" people. You better ban me now ;)

Not taking sides at all, simply trying to calm the waters. But interpret my post however you want, you have that freedom. :)

CDPR have introduced that possibility. Although I've never found it, there is supposedly a letter near Oxenfurt University that says a potion Geralt may have taken during W2 is useless for the intended purpose but may restore fertility, while Yennefer has a book in her room on Ard Skellige that says sorceresses aren't necessarily sterile (and obviously Geralt's mother wasn't).

But, the games are "fan-fiction" and basically anything goes in that so if that's what people want to imagine, why not just leave them to it?

@Kinley
Fun part is there is nothing to calm. Szincza said people who write fanfiction can't make Triss and Geralt cure from being sterile, we simply disagree, no insult, no angry post, just argument

And then a guy came in and said it isn't worth it to discuss here :rofl:

@Kinley
Ohh mod take side, where the hell is neutrality? We are discuss very civil and no insult here. Until there is some blue guy who came in and mock some "certain" people. You better ban me now ;)

I thought mods were normal people and can post their opinions all they please. They must be objective only when doing their work.

Anyway, Kinley is right, there is no point in futile discussions about this.

Fan Fiction are not continuation of the book by any chance as the game is not a continuation of the books. They are all possibilities in a The author is the only person who can continue the books. This discussions always ends the same way and everyone digs into their corners. You may not like Fan Fiction or Fan Art that goes against what you believe, but others are free to imagine anything.

In Fan Fiction there are no rules the imagination is the limit, hence the Fan Fiction tag. In the Witcher Geralt dies and comes back, anything is possible, so unless someone can give me a list of rule where the author specifically said what's allowed and not allowed and what can change and what cannot, lets not try to use rules that you limit yourself as the universal rule to limits others imagination.

Everyone is free to ignore Fan Art and they are also free to ignore Fan Fic,

That is fanfiction and fanart, i can make Geralt a god of ploughing or Triss is a god of lust in my fanfiction and no problem come from it. It is non-canon, there is even [SIZE=+1]G[/SIZE]aunter [SIZE=+1]O[/SIZE]' [SIZE=+1]D[/SIZE]imm in Witcher's world now and seem no one have problem with it.

For conclusion, you are free to believe that him, suddenly being cured from that condition, makes him a tottaly different character. but again this is fanfiction and fanart, so we can let our imagination fly ;)

Nice. We should leave this because this argument is like a dog chasing its own tail. This same argument is made every time.

That impossible.

Why?

Because its is.

Why?

Because the author never said it was possible so its impossible.

Top Bottom