Triss Merigold of Maribor (All Spoilers) Resurgence

+
I thought mods were normal people and can post their opinions all they please. They must be objective only when doing their work.

Anyway, Kinley is right, there is no point in futile discussions about this.

I thought mods were normal people and can post their opinions all they please. They must be objective only when doing their work.

Anyway, Kinley is right, there is no point in futile discussions about this.

Come on guys, everyone can post their opinions, but you are right @Sagitarii lets not continue this. My suggestion is we all read what we want, see what we want, and do what we want so everyone is happy.

where to find Triss after patch 1.10

recently installed patch 1.10 and was hoping to find Triss in Kaer Morhen
could only find Yen and talk to her about Triss and the Wild Hunt etc but Triss was no where to be seen

any pointers where to locate her or if any particular quest needs to be active?
i'm currently looking for friends in Skellige

could only find Yen and talk to her about Triss and the Wild Hunt etc but Triss was no where to be seen

any pointers where to locate her or if any particular quest needs to be active?
i'm currently looking for friends in Skellige
She will be in Kaer Morhen when Geralt will return from Isle of Mists, and there will be new from patch fix dialogue.

Last edited:
CDPR have introduced that possibility. Although I've never found it, there is supposedly a letter near Oxenfurt University that says a potion Geralt may have taken during W2 is useless for the intended purpose but may restore fertility, while Yennefer has a book in her room on Ard Skellige that says sorceresses aren't necessarily sterile (and obviously Geralt's mother wasn't).

The patch does not make any difference before returning from the Isle of Mists. As far as I know, before Final Preparations, the only scene that reacts to q309_triss_lover or q309_triss_stayed is still the one where Geralt returns to Kaer Morhen with Ciri.

The patch does not make any difference before returning from the Isle of Mists. As far as I know, before Final Preparations, the only scene that reacts to q309_triss_lover or q309_triss_stayed is still the one where Geralt returns to Kaer Morhen with Ciri.

I've come to terms with fact that Kaer Morhen section will remain terrible. For the limitations of a patch 1.10 does a nice job of adding reactivity to the experience later.

Hi there~
I have a question regarding the Triss romance... Figured I could ask it here since this seems like the place to find the Triss experts! But let me know if I should post it elsewhere...

I bought the game on release and being a bit of a completionist, have only just recently finished it. Throughout the game I romanced only Triss, but when the epilogue came up it said Geralt ended up alone!! I was pretty floored because as far as I knew I hadn't done anything wrong.

With a little research I realized when I met her at the fountain in Novigrad later in the game, she was supposed to talk to me about moving to Kovir, this however never happened! I honestly had no idea why not because in her goodbye scene at the docks earlier in the game she ended up coming back and the romance scene popped up successfully.

Then, with a bit more digging around, I found this thread about how originally if you DON'T say "I love you" to convince her to stay, all other options were supposed to fall flat and not work on her. This apparently didn't get fixed until patch 1.05?? and I of course played this around patch 1.03. I told Triss, "Stay with me" (just felt more natural to the scene for me) and at the time it worked (And after I remember even looking at guides online to confirm my dialogue would work)... But I am wondering if this is possibly what ruined my romance with Triss? And I just didn't realize it until recently, because my playthrough has been over the course of so much time and many different patches, that I missed the signs until now...

Can anyone confirm this? Or have any other ideas on what went wrong? I thought maybe it was just a glitch initially when I saw my ending, but now I realize it might have been this misstep of the dock scenes. I was originally hoping to reload a past save, and fix the problem so I could end the game on a happier note, but now I'm starting to realize, if I have to go all the way back to the dock scene... I might as well just start a new game entirely! :/

Not my screenshot, but yeah it does require save import, one of the few things that is actually imported :p

What choice from TW2 does it depend on exactly ? Perhaps it can be enabled with console commands. Is it not choosing Iorveth's path (import_iorweth_path = 0), because in that case both Farid and Gaspar die in The Secrets of Loc Muinne ?

Edit: I found these facts that look like TW2 imports:
import_arjan_dead
import_council_exists
import_geralt_rescued_triss
import_henselt_alive
import_iorweth_path
import_letho_alive
import_radowid_has_anais
import_saskia_alive
import_sheala_alive

Edit 2: according to a post from Sarcen, it is import_geralt_drank_mysterious_potion

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm this? Or have any other ideas on what went wrong? I thought maybe it was just a glitch initially when I saw my ending, but now I realize it might have been this misstep of the dock scenes. I was originally hoping to reload a past save, and fix the problem so I could end the game on a happier note, but now I'm starting to realize, if I have to go all the way back to the dock scene... I might as well just start a new game entirely! :/
With the patch choice Stay with me not locking a romance anymore, 'cos it was a bug, so that is a problem in Your case.

If you have the PC version of the game, you can use the debug console mod, and these commands:

addfact(q309_triss_lover)
addfact(q309_triss_stayed)

These only make a difference after The Isle of Mists, so it is not necessary to replay earlier parts of the game. It is also recommended to patch the game to version 1.10.

I did not find anything that actually depends on that fact, but "import_council_exists", which is also set with it, is checked in a small number of dialogues:

Margarita Laux Antille default dialogue:
Geralt choice: Aretuza, the school - what happened to it?

Geralt: If you're here, what's become of Aretuza?
Margarita Laux Antille: The day I arrived in Novigrad, I received a message from Biruta Icarti. A short, curt note - "School overrun by Redanians. The libraries burn. Handful of pupils fled with Nina Vivero, the rest are dead. It is over."

(import_council_exists == false)

Margarita Laux Antille: Later I learned priests of the Eternal Fire stood amidst the academy's ruins, promising the rabble that such a punishment awaited all mages and traitors.

(import_council_exists == true)

Geralt: No reaction from the Council, the Conclave?
Margarita Laux Antille: Do you jest? They asked Radovid to "intervene." Just after he'd appointed them.

Radovid in "A Favor for Radovid":
Geralt choice: Mages are more likely to succeed.

Geralt: Philippa's using magic? You'd be better off sending mages after her.

Radovid: I cannot count on their aid. We parted ways after the events at Loc Muinne.
Geralt: Parted ways…? You gathered them in one place, then gave the order to murder them.
Radovid: You ignore the context. They'd assembled to revive the Conclave, the very same they had once dismantled.
Radovid: I was open to the prospect. The other rulers likewise… Until a certain witcher revealed that the Lodge was behind the regicides.
Radovid: The mages proved to be traitors, while the witcher proved himself skilled at tracking traitors down.
Radovid: Now go to the mountains and bring me Philippa Eilhart.

Radovid: I agreed to the Conclave's revival - but what has this brought me? The mages at my side are mediocrities, cowards. They can't hold a candle to the likes of Eilhart, Laux-Antille or Merigold.
Geralt: There's always your witch hunters.
Radovid: You are the best witch hunter. You've proven it clearly.
Radovid: Síle de Tansarville's and Philippa Eilhart's plan - you were the one to foil it. I want you to finish what you started.
Radovid: Now go to the mountains and bring me Philippa Eilhart.

Alchemist in Novigrad:
Geralt choice: How'd you wind up here?

Geralt: How'd you end up here? Crematory wouldn't exactly be my first choice if I needed to hide…
Mage 01: I wound up here by accident…

Mage 01: At first, after the slaughter at Loc Muinne, I hid in the woods near Ban Glean… But how long can one survive on roots?
Mage 01: Finally, I could stand it no more and boarded a raft bound for Novigrad. Once here, my coin soon ran out. I began to beg… and thus met the King of Beggar's men.
Mage 01: They gave me a choice. I could start working for him, or they would break my legs.

Mage 01: After the Conclave's deliberations at Loc Muinne.
Geralt: What happened?
Mage 01: I moved to condemn Radovid… So Carduin called the guards. They beat me… thoroughly, with gusto.
Mage 01: Once they thought I'd expired, they sent me here… The furnace was blazing and open… I felt a wave of heat… and began to scream.

But it is ignored in some fairly obvious ones, like this in Pyres of Novigrad:
Geralt: Free City of Novigrad - name actually used to mean something.
Triss: The very reason so many mages came here after the massacre at Loc Muinne.
Triss: Thought they'd be safe from Radovid's reapers. Instead they jumped out of the frying pan into the fire.
Triss: But Novigrad stands atop a mountain of coin, and winning a war takes three things: Coin, coin and even more coin.
Triss: That's why they're exterminating mages, confiscating their property and possessions. And they'll go after nonhumans next.
Triss: The elves occupy slums, but the dwarves practically control financial life in the city.
Geralt: Official word is that Novigrad'll remain neutral. Somehow doubt anyone believes that anymore.

Too bad that there are no conversation about this with Triss or Emhyr. I think he supposed to know about Geralt's doing.

I know what you mean! I slaughtered Shilard Fitz-Osterlen, Renauld aep-Matsen, and the entire Nilfgaardian contingent, but none of the emperor's people seem to care. Maybe Geralt and Triss framed Letho for the whole thing- that would be poetic justice.

"Those Nilfgaardians, is that your work?"
"They didn't slaughter themselves."

Top Bottom