Triss Merigold of Maribor (All Spoilers) Resurgence

+
:disgust::what:

God, it's awful. Triss and Geralt are horribly disrespectful to their dead friend. The most vindictive sorceress? Really, Triss!? Also lol at them for not telling those poor guys that they've been decompressed for 20 years :lol: I'm not even gonna mention a complete lore-rape with the way artifact decompression works :rant:

Really, Triss!?

Well seems she has doubts if Coral is the really most vindictive sorceress :stuart:

Also lol at them for not telling those poor guys that they've been decompressed for 20 years

No wish to spoil surprise perhaps.

I'm not even gonna mention a complete lore-rape with the way artifact decompression works

Yep. They should be more exhausted or Triss knew how to handle this better.

Maybe it was just cheaper not to make the decompression scene like in TW2. These are only very minor side quests, after all. And the developers may have preferred not to show a completely naked soldier and nobleman.

Well seems she has doubts if Coral is the really most vindictive sorceress :stuart:

Oh that's right. Yennefer is. Not Sabrina or Philippa, the most vindictive sorceresses are her friends. Whoever wrote this quest hated either Triss or Coral, or both.

They also should be naked. Oh well, I guess the devs didn't want to shock us :D

I think same. And maybe her different and "strange" attitude in TW1 was serving a purpose to take place near Geralt instead of Yen.

I did not notice any questionable use of magic on Geralt in TW1 (some mind reading, but not control), maybe I missed something. The idea to "ape" Yennefer's attitude (and sometimes Philippa's, Fringilla's, and whoever else's) in the hope that Geralt will find that attractive sounds silly, and why do it only in one chapter ? Sounds more like bad writing to me, or a lack of clear plans regarding what to do with the characters from the books.

They already wake up naked in one bed...or you mean a rose? But nvm in elven bath they could manage without any magic :hrhr:

"My favorite type of magic" - there is not enough evidence to prove that such kind of magical abuse was planned on Geralt, and in my opinion it would have been OOC, but it seems some people believe in it.

Seems like that, no hints about it...

Disregarding conspiracy theories like above, I do not think there is that much difference between TW2 and TW3.

All the fuss about seduction with magic is a bit silly- that's just standard procedure for sorceresses. In "The Last Wish" Chireadan (spelling?) describes how Yen uses her charm and beauty as a weapon to get what she wants. When a sorceress decides to seduce someone she will use magic along with more conventional methods to increase her chances of success. And Geralt is able to sense spells when they are cast on him, so whatever Triss did, Geralt accepted it and went along with it. I hate to use the phrase "read the books!", but anyone who reads them can see that Geralt is not very faithful to Yen- it does not take mind control to get him to sleep around.

What Geralt feels about the affair with Triss is guilt for his own actions. He feels guilty because Triss is Yen's close friend, and because Triss started to have serious feelings that he can't return. He has hurt both his lover Yen and his friend Triss by his choices. The problem between Geralt and Triss was that they were looking for different things. Geralt was looking to forget his troubles and find comfort in the arms of a friend, while Triss ended up wanting a deeper relationship.

Agree. Also, I think it was somehow ironic that what began with curiosity ended with an unrequited love and sadness. I would say she fell into her own trap. Besides the standard procedure of sorceresses - I guess she was so disillusioned with relationships that simply didn't believe in true love and thus could not understand Geralt's and Yen's complicated, passionate relationship. So even though Yennefer was a good friend of Triss curiosity totally won her over because she wanted to experience something new, something deeper. By the way, in the books she struck me as the type of sorceress who (after many disappointing affairs) was longing for a deeper, long term relationship which could have made her happy but in the world of sorceresses/sorcerers it was not so easy to find and Triss knew it. Partly, that's why she envied Yen.

Quick question for you all:

I am replaying Witcher on NG+, and I came across the section where you first track down Triss in Novigrad. I noticed that the Rose of Remembrance is classified as a quest item, and I was wondering if there is something that I have missed on my previous playthroughs. Is there actually a quest associated with it, or is this perhaps just cut content that never made it into the game?

Quick question for you all:

I am replaying Witcher on NG+, and I came across the section where you first track down Triss in Novigrad. I noticed that the Rose of Remembrance is classified as a quest item, and I was wondering if there is something that I have missed on my previous playthroughs. Is there actually a quest associated with it, or is this perhaps just cut content that never made it into the game?

It is a quest item before you speak to Triss about it, after that it become junk :lol:

The Rose of Remebrence is another big plot hole. On Iorveth's path Philippa uses it to revive Saskia, so how did Triss get it back?

The Rose of Remebrence is another big plot hole. On Iorveth's path Philippa uses it to revive Saskia, so how did Triss get it back?

Well...Philippa used only one petal. So rose could be safe.

Still I don't like how CDPR handle with the rose. Rose is always present in TW3 and always dry.

I noticed that the Rose of Remembrance is classified as a quest item, and I was wondering if there is something that I have missed on my previous playthroughs. Is there actually a quest associated with it, or is this perhaps just cut content that never made it into the game?

You can ask about the rose once in Triss' default dialogue (available before beginning A Matter of Life and Death, after Blindingly Obvious in Final Preparations, and on the boat during Battle Preparations), and get these few lines of conversation:
Geralt choice: You kept the rose of remembrance. (q301_rose_remembrance)

Geralt: See you kept the rose of remembrance I gave you in Flotsam.
Triss: Seems so long ago… Probably because so much has changed.
Geralt: So, sentimental value… that why you kept it?
Triss: Partly. Though… more as a warning.

Philippa's lesbomancy apparently only requires one petal, so one can imagine (even if it is not shown on screen) Geralt taking it back and giving it to Triss at some later time.

So, I know a few of you have speculated that Lambert once had a little something something with Triss, based primarily off of what he says in Kaer Morhen during his night of drunken revelry with Geralt and Eskel.

I've finally been getting into Gwent, and when I beat Lambert he gave Geralt the unique Triss card and said something like, "Better that it goes with you than me" vel sim. Anyone else think this might be a subtle reference by CDPR to a fling that Triss and Lambert once had, or am I reading into things? Also not sure if it was entirely coincidence that I won the Triss card off of him, or whether that always happens.

Triss and Lambert are too antagonistic to be indifferent to each other, so they have some kind of history, but I do not think there is any warrant to believe it a romantic one. Triss and Eskel, on the other hand, are shacked up in the post-canon Something Ends, Something Begins. Must be something to that old witcher touch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom