Triss Merigold of Maribor (All Spoilers) Resurgence

+
I just don't like Triss at all. How anyone can say what they say about her (innocent, lovely, charming) when she betrayed, manipulated and abused the trust of her friends throughout the books and the games...

You deleted everything you wrote that proved my point about the hardcore "books only matter" people. Bu again, i'm not trying to star a war so, your decision.

You deleted everything you wrote that proved my point about the hardcore "books only matter" people.

I deleted it because the mods get salty when i talk about the lore and they like to comment how Triss is an equal option to Yen... which is lmao.

So i moved it to the Yen vs Triss section.

As much as i consider the games to be a canon continuation of the story, it isn't to everybody, many people only say the books are canon. So, the books technically only matter. Thankfully Sapkowski doesm't write RPG books (is that possible) and thus it's Geralt and Yennefer.

Although i take the games seriously aswell, and in W3 it's also pretty damn obvious which way the game points you towards. With all the additional Yen scenes based around the family and Ciri. Even Corvo Bianco means White Raven, reference to you G/Y.

Last edited:
I agree with you. I just joined this forum today, although I have been reading on here for a while. I just felt the need to join and comment on the "yen or triss" thread because I had enough of the hardcore (not all of them) book people (I have read the books) constantly telling people they are stupid and idiots if they picked Triss. Same goes for some of the hardcore Triss defenders. Triss to me, just really grows like you mentioned. I had the choice to pick and just felt that Triss would be the one that ultimately Gerlat should be with. I think the relationship between them would be much healthier.
People can say and choose whatever they want and with whatever reasoning they find appropriate, I have no issue with that. I just don't like when someone tries to force their own choice as the only right one in a game that is supposed to be all about player choices. What I ultimately care about is giving each player a chance to choose what they like and not give the impression to CDPR that it's ok to neglect that and force only one version of the story for a hypothetical Witcher 4 (TW2 save import was poor enough already). The beauty of RPG games is that they don't have to have only one outcome and that we, as the players can make the choices that will make the game more enjoyable for us. That is kind of the point of the game for me, to enjoy it.

Triss is very understanding by the end. She understands that Yen is very important to Geralt and still doesn't hesitate to help him even though she thinks she has no chance whatsoever.
What I also like about Triss is how she comes to help at KM if Geralt leaves her, even though it must be painful for her to see him back with Yen.

Triss to me, just really grows like you mentioned. I had the choice to pick and just felt that Triss would be the one that ultimately Gerlat should be with. I think the relationship between them would be much healthier.
I agree, to me Geralt seems very happy with Triss, their romance scenes are very loving and Geralt shows a romantic side of him we rarely get to see. I think Triss can give him the peace he needs on a personal level.

Last edited:
I agree, to me Geralt seems very happy with Triss, their romance scenes are very loving and Geralt shows a romantic side of him we rarely get to see. I think Triss can give him the peace he needs on a personal level.

By doing politics and parties in Kovir? Which he continually mentions that he hates. Im just not so sure.

I deleted it because the mods get salty when i talk about the lore and they like to comment how Triss is an equal option to Yen... which is lmao.

So i moved it to the Yen vs Triss section.

It's ok, like I said, you have the right to your opinion and who to pick. You are just clearly a I hate Triss and Yen is life person. I do not hate Yen, I haven't wrote anything bad about her. Just prefer Triss as a romantic (healthier) partner.

Sometimes in real life, you have to let go of the one you love for the better. You can continue to try to fix the rocky relationship but chances are, it's time to try something knew. Both left each over, both cheated. I personally have been in a similar relationship and realized, it was time. They did get better later in the books I will say that but just maybe, after Geralt being with someone else he realized, Yen will always be someone I love but the romantic relationship needs to end.

Last edited:
It's ok, like I said, you have the right to your opinion and who to pick. You are just clearly a I hate Triss and Yen is life person. I do not hate Yen, I haven't wrote anything bad about her. Just prefer Triss as a romantic (healthier) partner.

Im fine with YOU preferring Triss over Yennefer. Some people just prefer her personality or her red hair. But what really tilts me is when people try and claim that Geralt would be happier all along with Triss or that Triss is his true love or whatever. When the books clearly show the deep love between Geralt/Yen and then the Witcher 3 opens up with the dream scene and the chasing scene, it's meant to be played as a Yen following, since that is what makes sense lore wise. Corvo Bianco stands for White Raven, pretty good hint by CDPR. Anyway, i don't hate Triss because she fucks Geralt behind Yens back, Fringilla, Keira have also done that and i don't hate them at all.

I just have a strong hatred towards triss... and no that doesn't mean i like to watch her get tortured, i had to skip that scene last time, i don't hate her that much xD

Im fine with YOU preferring Triss over Yennefer. Some people just prefer her personality or her red hair. But what really tilts me is when people try and claim that Geralt would be happier all along with Triss or that Triss is his true love or whatever. When the books clearly show the deep love between Geralt/Yen and then the Witcher 3 opens up with the dream scene and the chasing scene, it's meant to be played as a Yen following, since that is what makes sense lore wise. Corvo Bianco stands for White Raven, pretty good hint by CDPR. Anyway, i don't hate Triss because she fucks Geralt behind Yens back, Fringilla, Keira have also done that and i don't hate them at all.

I just have a strong hatred towards triss... and no that doesn't mean i like to watch her get tortured, i had to skip that scene last time, i don't hate her that much xD

I don't think anyone has said, Triss is his true love. You have to look outside the books, include everything not just the books. Feelings could have changed for Geralt after seeing what it's like with Triss. Notice how I said COULD HAVE, because that part is left to us, the player to decide.

By doing politics and parties in Kovir? Which he continually mentions that he hates. Im just not so sure.
That is a very shallow way of observing it, I said on a personal level. When romancing Triss, Geralt even says he finally feels harmony, peace. The success of their relationship is not dependent on Triss' career, but I already discussed this in the Yen or Triss thread.

You clearly have a problem accepting differing opinions about this topic anyway. You don't like Triss, you don't think she and Geralt make sense, fine, pick Yen and enjoy the game how you see fit, no reason for me to try to convince you otherwise :)

I don't think anyone has said, Triss is his true love. You have to look outside the books, include everything not just the books. Feelings could have changed for Geralt after seeing what it's like with Triss. Notice how I said COULD HAVE, because that part is left to us, the player to decide
I agree, I don't pick Triss for myself, I pick her for Geralt based on his character from the books AND games. And the beauty of the games comes from giving each person playing it a chance to decide how they envision Geralt's future.

Last edited:
I agree, I don't pick Triss for myself, I pick her for Geralt based on his character from the books and games. And the beauty of the games comes from giving each person playing it a chance to decide how they envision Geralt's future.

I think this is the hardest part people have accepting that someone picked Triss. All they seem to care about is about the books and don't want to think outside the box. It's great that the game lets you choose who you feel is better for Geralt. It killed me telling Yen I don't have anything for her anymore, the hardest decision in the game by far. But it also felt great seeing Triss's face when she decides to stay, how happy she was. She really felt like she had no chance whatsoever with Geralt. You can tell she is going crazy inside.

I don't think anyone has said, Triss is his true love. You have to look outside the books, include everything not just the books. Feelings could have changed for Geralt after seeing what it's like with Triss. Notice how I said COULD HAVE, because that part is left to us, the player to decide.

He has known Triss for close to 20 years. He rejected her a couple times throughout the books because he loves Yen. The beginning of the Witcher 3 we learn he has dumped Triss to find Yen. So it's unlikely his feelings will just suddenly change. That is a completely player orientated choice for him to suddenly love Triss over Yen. it feels more natural and is more lore friendly to continue on the path the intro sets out and to find and be with Yen. But you can choose either way, just have to admit one is more lore friendly than the other.

---------- Updated at 01:21 AM ----------

You clearly have a problem accepting differing opinions about this topic anyway. You don't like Triss, you don't think she and Geralt make sense, fine, pick Yen and enjoy the game how you see fit, no reason for me to try to convince you otherwise

I don't want you to convince me otherwise. Im happy with my lore friendly ending with Yennefer. Once again ill say it, Corvo Bianco - White Raven. Reference to G/Y. Thx CDPR ^^

Did someone call for a moderator? No? Oh, well, since I'm here. . . This conversation looks like it's heading back to Yen Or Triss? , since it's tending towards players' specific choices/preferences between the two. I recommend continuing over there, please, since this one is generally just about Triss. And, yes, the usual reminders still apply. Cheers.

I think this is the hardest part people have accepting that someone picked Triss. All they seem to care about is about the books and don't want to think outside the box. It's great that the game lets you choose who you feel is better for Geralt. It killed me telling Yen I don't have anything for her anymore, the hardest decision in the game by far. But it also felt great seeing Triss's face when she decides to stay, how happy she was. She really felt like she had no chance whatsoever with Geralt. You can tell she is going crazy inside.
Yeah, in the games, during his amnesia Geralt got to know Triss all over again and this time without any memory of Yen or their past. It allowed him to see Triss in a different light and develop genuine feelings for her.

Triss really is the underdog in TW3, she has grown to accept Geralt not being with her and one of my favorite aspects of their romance is Geralt persuading Triss she is the one.

I also never got any pleasure from leaving Yen, and I don't like the whole their love was a wish thing, but that's offtopic.

More on topic about Triss, there is one more thing I would like to mention. I've seen her getting accused of pretending to be drunk during the ball at Vegelbud's and while I don't think she was hammered I have no doubt she was tipsy.

People say she had few sips of wine, but that is only what is shown. When you talk to Ingrid, she says you should mingle around and wait for everyone to get drunk. Assumingly that lasts more than the 5 minutes it takes in the game and it is safe to assume that Geralt and Triss spend a few hours at the party. Therefore I also think it's fair to assume that Triss probably had 2-3 glasses of wine(she probably wasn't just standing there while Geralt was playing Gwent).

She got a bit tipsy, the atmosphere got her and she was with a man she loves, not to mention her spending most of the past few months in hiding and working with the Novigrad's underground, so she got relaxed and got a bit flirty with Geralt, nothing wrong with that, it's a perfectly human reaction. He also reciprocates if the player chooses so that can turn into quite a romantic evening for the two.

Also people say she immediately sobers up if you refuse to kiss her, I find that the most ridiculous. She is just disappointed, who wouldn't be in that situation and you can still be disappointed, or sad, or angry or whatever when you're drunk. Drunkenness doesn't exclusively mean happy feelings and goofing around.

Last edited:
Yeah, in the games, during his amnesia Geralt got to know Triss all over again and this time without any memory of Yen or their past. It allowed him to see Triss in a different light and develop genuine feelings for her.

Triss really is the underdog in TW3, she has grown to accept Geralt not being with her and one of my favorite aspects of their romance is Geralt persuading Triss she is the one.

I also never got any pleasure from leaving Yen, and I don't like the whole their love was a wish thing, but that's offtopic.

More on topic about Triss, there is one more thing I would like to mention. I've seen her getting accused of pretending to be drunk during the ball at Vegelbud's and while I don't think she was hammered I have no doubt she was tipsy.

People say she had few sips of wine, but that is only what is shown. When you talk to Ingrid, she says you should mingle around and wait for everyone to get drunk. Assumingly that lasts more than the 5 minutes it takes in the game and it is safe to assume that Geralt and Triss spend a few hours at the party. Therefore I also think it's fair to assume that Triss probably had 2-3 glasses of wine(she probably wasn't just standing there while Geralt was playing Gwent).

She got a bit tipsy, the atmosphere got her and she was with a man she loves, not to mention her spending most of the past few months in hiding and working with the Novigrad's underground, so she got relaxed and got a bit flirty with Geralt, nothing wrong with that, it's a perfectly human reaction. He also reciprocates if the player chooses so that can turn into quite a romantic evening for the two.

Also people say she immediately sobers up if you refuse to kiss her, I find that the most ridiculous. She is just disappointed, who wouldn't be in that situation and you can still be disappointed, or sad, or angry or whatever when you're drunk. Drunkenness doesn't exclusively mean happy feelings and goofing around.

100% with you. Its' great to see Geralt go after Triss, seeing the person she has grown into while not forgetting their time together. I do believe she was tipsy but as far as the sobering up right after, I think that has more to do with the game moving forward. I don't think they wanted to have 10 mins of Triss drunk gameplay after that.

I would have no problem with that if she haven't hide it from him and accepted without his opinion first. The way she did (just after he insists), with her charming drama emphasizing how that is important to her, she obviously dragged him back to politics and the high society. Things that Geralt despises for a while and she knows it. But putting Geralt as her top priority was never really a thing actually, her love can be interpreted more as an obsession considering the books-games:

Geralt: "I've recovered my memory completely."

Triss: "Good, that should stop people from taking advantage of you."

Geralt: "Someones been taking advantage of me?"

Triss: "I have, for one."

Geralt: "I've never even intimated-"

Triss: "We should hurry."

Yeah, she is using the guy she blindly loves and tells him just like that.

Last edited:
Its' great to see Geralt go after Triss, seeing the person she has grown into while not forgetting their time together.
Yeah, I agree, I'm glad we can finally see them getting their happy ending together after 3 games of romance. Their relationship had its up and downs but through separation between TW2 and TW3, Geralt realized what he had with Triss was special and is something worth pursuing.

I really like how during the lighthouse scene Geralt says they'll get their happy ending and how he should have said Triss he loves her long time ago implying the break up was a mistake. I also like how he tells Ciri that with Triss things don't feel exhausting and how he found peace. Later on the boat when Ciri asks him is it that good with Triss, he says better with a smile. I also like when Geralt says he can't wait for long Koviri nights during the talk he and Triss have in the tent.

Their B&W dialogue was also very nice, we get a bit info about Kovir, Geralt teases Triss a bit, they joke a little and in the end when Triss talks about the poor weather in Kovir and how Geralt might change his mind, he says "I wouldn't worry about that" with a smile, showing that he too looks forward to them living together. I felt it gave a very nice conclusion to their stories and I am very happy with how the journey ended for Geralt and Triss. And knowing how it all ends makes replaying TW1 and TW2 even better for me. I'm currently replaying TW1 and enjoying it quite a lot.

White Raven.
But my Geralt doesn't retire to Corvo Bianco, he goes to Kovir with the new found love of his life, Triss Merigold :) I don't get why are you even posting this here anyway, this isn't Yen's thread or Yen vs Triss thread.

To be more on topic, another thing I enjoy about Geralt and Triss' relationship are the meaningful looks they share. TW3 probably has the best facial animations I have seen and I feel like they really shine with Triss. The look she gives Geralt after he offers to retrieve the parcel for her, the look she gives him after he teases her about 85 desserts and her 22 inch waist, her face when you threaten those peasants, the way she and Geralt look at each other after the kiss, the whole dock scene and seeing Geralt's face light up when Triss returns, her nervousness when she is telling him about Kovir...the chemistry between Geralt and Triss is enhanced so much by this.

I have never before seen video game characters conveying emotions so well like they do in TW3 and for me it really contributes to immersion, especially when it comes to interpersonal relationships between the main characters.

Kappa123. Sure ill head out of here. But this is a thread about Triss, not a thread about a hypothetical Triss' romance.

I allow myself to say i don't like Triss at all. Pretty much scum of the earth to me. But look on the bright side, i still cringe and want the torture scene to be over :>

But my Geralt doesn't retire to Corvo Bianco, he goes to Kovir with the new found love of his life, Triss Merigold :) I don't get why are you even posting this here anyway, this isn't Yen's thread or Yen vs Triss thread.

To be more on topic, another thing I enjoy about Geralt and Triss' relationship are the meaningful looks they share. TW3 probably has the best facial animations I have seen and I feel like they really shine with Triss. The look she gives Geralt after he offers to retrieve the parcel for her, the look she gives him after he teases her about 85 desserts and her 22 inch waist, her face when you threaten those peasants, the way she and Geralt look at each other after the kiss, the whole dock scene and seeing Geralt's face light up when Triss returns, her nervousness when she is telling him about Kovir...the chemistry between Geralt and Triss is enhanced so much by this.

I have never before seen video game characters conveying emotions so well like they do in TW3 and for me it really contributes to immersion, especially when it comes to interpersonal relationships between the main characters.

Priceless. You can tell by her face how much she really does love him. She tries hard to not show it knowing how much Yen means to him but the face says it all. When Geralt turns around and sees her back at the dock, Geralt was so relieved.

Priceless. You can tell by her face how much she really does love him. She tries hard to not show it knowing how much Yen means to him but the face says it all. When Geralt turns around and sees her back at the dock, Geralt was so relieved.
i like how their relationship develops both in books and games combined. From curiosity to the unfulfilled love, relationship, to Witcher 2 when i felt that Triss knew that it will end someday. in Witcher 3 their romance arc was a little cheesy, sure, but i would be lying if said I didn't enjoy it very much.

Top Bottom