Triss Merigold of Maribor (All Spoilers) Resurgence

+
i like how their relationship develops both in books and games combined. From curiosity to the unfulfilled love, relationship, to Witcher 2 when i felt that Triss knew that it will end someday. in Witcher 3 their romance arc was a little cheesy, sure, but i would be lying if said I didn't enjoy it very much.

I don't know if I would say cheesy but, it can come off that way I guess because Triss is more giggly in a sense. I mean imagine if you loved someone so much for years but couldn't have them because they were with someone else. How would you react if you are thinking, this is goodbye, thank you for the memories I know you are going back to your love, then all of sudden, they turn to you and tell you they love you and pick you over the other person.

When Geralt turns around and sees her back at the dock, Geralt was so relieved.
I remember the first time playing through that. I really did all I could to romance Triss and when she left Geralt after he said he loves her I was so disappointed, I really thought she left, but that only made seeing her come back a few moments later more powerful. A really nice scene.

in Witcher 3 their romance arc was a little cheesy, sure, but i would be lying if said I didn't enjoy it very much.
Same here, the scenes with Triss can get a bit lovey dovey at times, but damn it, I can't help but love that. And it's a welcome change to the usual grimness of the world.

Last edited:
I don't know if I would say cheesy but, it can come off that way I guess because Triss is more giggly in a sense. I mean imagine if you loved someone so much for years but couldn't have them because they were with someone else. How would you react if you are thinking, this is goodbye, thank you for the memories I know you are going back to your love, then all of sudden, they turn to you and tell you they love you and pick you over the other person.

i didn't want that cheesy line to sound negative. it can happen in real life too :p And I agree with you. I really like how Dandelion in her bio writes that she wanted to left but changed her mind beacuse Witcher finally opened his heart for her. For me it sums her romance perfectly. Don't get me wrong. I really like her arc. She's more than object of desire especially when in some RPGs romance changes from talks about backstory and etc. to "i love you so much, let's bang". I really liked that she had her own plans, and dreams and finally takes a fight for what she truly belives in. For me personally her growth is truly amazing. Some people say that the romance between Geralt and Triss is off or weird, and there's not much of it really, but i must agree too that their expressions shows so many feelings.

---------- Updated at 09:15 PM ----------

I remember the first time playing through that. I really did all I could to romance Triss and when she left Geralt after he said he loves her I was so disappointed, I really thought she left, but that only made seeing her come back a few moments later more powerful. A really nice scene.

Same here, the scenes with Triss can get a bit lovey dovey at times, but damn it, I can't help but loving that. And it's a welcome change to the usual grimness of the world.

Not only that. I really like that her romance shows softer side of Geralt.

Yeah I never saw Geralt and Triss's relationship weird honestly. I feel like its something that could happen in real life. Like I said before, he was with a different person for years other than Yen. He could have easily realized, Yen and him just was never going to be stable.

Massive amount of off topic posts and posts responding to it has been deleted for now. Possible further actions pending.

Once again, this thread is about Triss, not Triss vs Yen or Geralt and Yen. You already got one moderator's reminder of that earlier. So please, from now on, stay on topic.

I believe it was one of the lines that was added in the infamous "waifu patch". The before, during, after, always line. Not a big fan personally, it's my least favorite added dialogue.

Yeah it's not even implied that Geralt wanted to be with Triss before amnesia. This doesn't even make sense no matter how you look at it.

I love that you can ask Triss what she thought when she saw him again. Just realized this yesterday when I loaded one of my saves.

Same. I've always loved the light hearted banter between Triss and Geralt. Her response when you ask her that is a little funny...'oh no not him again...'
I agree with the others though the ending of that dialogue doesn't make sense but is also that it's a bit cheesy.

Last edited:
Most of the romantic dialog was cheesy. It's really hard to pull off, for any game, but it stands out more so in Witcher. Sapkowski does a better job of it in the books. For instance when Triss is having her inner monologue about her obsession with Geralt, or when Geralt starts talking about how much he needs Yen.

Agree. Seems a bit Disney at times. Not all of it of course, but at the fountain by the passiflora(ending of that convo) with her seemed like it too by just the way they were saying their lines and acting. Not really complaining too much though glad they added more dialogue and scenes with her in there, since it's such a big game it hardly seems like they get much screentime together.

Last edited:
Most of the romantic dialog was cheesy. It's really hard to pull off, for any game, but it stands out more so in Witcher. Sapkowski does a better job of it in the books. For instance when Triss is having her inner monologue about her obsession with Geralt, or when Geralt starts talking about how much he needs Yen.
I agree! CDPR made a brilliant and moving game, but obviously the writing isn't up to the standard of Sapko - who I think is superb in romantic or sexy scenes, knowing just how much to say and how much to leave to the imagination. But CDPR do make an excellent job of Triss's facial expressions.

I agree! CDPR made a brilliant and moving game, but obviously the writing isn't up to the standard of Sapko - who I think is superb in romantic or sexy scenes, knowing just how much to say and how much to leave to the imagination. But CDPR do make an excellent job of Triss's facial expressions.

While I strongly agree, I think CDPR did a quite good job, while not perfect it was okay considering other RPGs. Romances were a little cheesy, but it can be said in many cases.

On the other hand the cheesiness is also believable since with Triss it's a smoother relationship, there isn't tension or snarkiness, they just seem to get along really well and it's more easy going from what I can tell. Maybe it's because she's completely enamored with Geralt that causes her to fumble around a bit when expressing herself to him, that's what it felt like with the acting by the passiflora fountain when she said 'i'll turn it down, what I really want is to be with you..to be...' or something like that. overall some really good acting took place too I thought like on the docks telling her to stay and also when talking to her and djikstra when djikstra mentions the two of them being in love.

I expect it coming from Triss or Yen. It's mostly when Geralt starts getting mushy. He sounds uncharacteristically warm and emotional. There are very few scenes in the game where he sounds so emotive, so it just tends to stand out in an awkward way for me. Hell he was less emotive when Vesemir died.

I expect it coming from Triss or Yen. It's mostly when Geralt starts getting mushy. He sounds uncharacteristically warm and emotional. There are very few scenes in the game where he sounds so emotive, so it just tends to stand out in an awkward way for me. Hell he was less emotive when Vesemir died.

I did not see Geralt getting too mushy. I think CDPR did a great job building up the conversations to show character growth. For example, when speaking with Cerys, he states that he is with Yenn because he never chosen calm and ease, peace and quiet. Then if he romances Triss, he tells Ciri that life with Triss is calm and harmony. It puts into perspective how Geralt can act more comfortably around Triss and let his emotions out a bit more. Whereas if he tries to be cheesy with Yenn and open up to her, she replies saracastically, cuts him off, and changes the subject. to the point where he just rattles off one-liner complements and lets it go at that.

But it does seem like CDPR put alot of effort into character building, with all the dialogue, facial animations and even the voice. The diagloue especially imperssed me, as there are so many instances where dialogue in other parts of the game, even just passing comments, can explain comments/actions subtly later in the game. I haven't see any games that come close to this to be honest.

But it does seem like CDPR put alot of effort into character building, with all the dialogue, facial animations and even the voice. The diagloue especially imperssed me, as there are so many instances where dialogue in other parts of the game, even just passing comments, can explain comments/actions subtly later in the game. I haven't see any games that come close to this to be honest.
Yes, the quality of EVERYTHING about the story/characters is far superior to any other game IMO.

Top Bottom