Triss Merigold\Yennefer close topic's

+
Triss Merigold\Yennefer close topic's

Hello fellow Witcher fans. For the past couple of weeks, both mega threads (Triss Merigold and Yennefer) are closed. I respect the desicion of moderators to close those topics, specialy if people constatly violate the rules. The thing is, those two threads were the mose popular and commented topics on Witcher 3 subforum. Maybe its time to give one more chance and reopen them ? Im asking specialy because i dont want the hard work of some people to just vanish (#Kallelinski for example).

Yes, people were extreme sometimes, but the majority of community were at least trying to be respectful to each other. It doesnt matter if you are Triss or Yen fan, we as a hole community are Witcher fans overall, thats what really counts. I think everyone learned to respect each opinion. We need to remember that Witcher game is "only" and "just" computer virtual world. Everyone should have major priorities in their lives. Witcher world can be a hobby, passion, but there needs to be a clean line of site, line you should never pass. I can understand that Triss\Yen topic was and can be for some people a little bit more that emotional. CD Project Red made fantastic characters in their games, Yennefer is really close to perfection in terms of visual and personality. Triss Merigold in W3 is finally the person i can recognise from the book lore. Idealistic, charming and insecure in terms of emotions towards Geralt. Thats really impresive, hard work done by developers, and im not even mentioning such fantastic characters like Bloody Baron.

The respectful dialouge between two fan bases droped a little after the leaks of new in game romance conversations. We dont even know if the leak is real. I think people should wait with their judgment after the official Red post. Unfortunately, it didnt happend, and some of the comments were a little bit harsh. Yes, the book lore needs to be respected, Witcher games would never been created without Sapkowski work. Thing is, you also cant impose your own opinion to others. If someone wants their fan fiction to be canon, then let them have it. There is nothing wrong with that, because thats how computer games work. Everyone has their own will to decide what to do in certain aspects of the game. Everyone can decide how to play as Geralt. Yes, knowledge of the books is important, but its not a "must have" to understand how the Witcher world works.

I think we can all agree at one matter, we all love The Witcher. Even with different opinions about certain aspects of the game, every one of us is a fan of this fantastic series. Its just a shame that both major topics are now closed. I was always happy to read so many comments in those threads, because that means CD Project Red made somethings right with their game. The popularity of The Wicher world growes and because of the CDPR work, many people starts to read Sapkowski books to learn more and more. Thats the most beautiful part about Yen and Triss topics. Because of the dialogue between the fans, people started to be more interested in book lore, and thats fantastic.

I hope moderators will reconsider their decision, but still i understand their reasoning and respect it.

Last edited:
Im happy CDPR are making changes, it shows great respect for fans ------------ but I just want to know when the new Triss romance content will be relesed, even a rough idea e.g. In September or after the first expansion???

Im happy CDPR are making changes, it shows great respect for fans ------------ but I just want to know when the new Triss romance content will be relesed, even a rough idea e.g. In September or after the first expansion???

Like me and other thousands fans! Hope the leak was only a part of what they're planning, both for Triss and Yen

Like me and other thousands fans! Hope the leak was only a part of what they're planning, both for Triss and Yen

Because I am 1/3 of the way through a 3rd playthrough lol and I keep putting off continuin it until the Triss romance is fixed.

But part of me thinks, I should just complete this playthrough with a Yen romance and then when Triss content and 1st expansion are out, do a new game +

My FIRST was with Triss
My second, will start soon, and will be full Yen
The third will be after the fix and dlcs, and will be the one with all mission completed and the new, fully seen, Triss romance.

But part of me thinks, I should just complete this playthrough with a Yen romance and then when Triss content and 1st expansion are out, do a new game +

This is what I am doing at the moment ~ I've done a full replay 1-3 (Not started 3 yet) with as many different outcomes as possible, this time I have Adda alive, went with Iorveth and will keep Radovid alive, I am also going to romance Yen again, and activate the Omelet quest when I can {: That one extra bit of interaction is worth it.

Then I will NG+ it and romance Triss when the DLC and her changes come.

There is already a topic from the moderators about why the topics were closed.

As far as i know discussing moderator decisions outside of PM is not allowed.

Top Bottom