Triss or Yen?

+

Triss or Yen?

• I read the books and choose Yen!

Votes: 80 29.3%
  • I haven't read the books and choose Yen!

Votes: 45 16.5%
  • I read the books and choose Triss!

Votes: 85 31.1%
  • I haven't read the books and choose Triss!

Votes: 63 23.1%

• Total voters
Oh God.You're one those poor souls,who watched,that awful TV series.I feel for you,for all of us
well it wasn't that bad for the time it was released. And I like actress who plays Yennefer. Though the plot goes crap after first few series :\ Ohh and actor who plays Geralt is awasome! Really love his Geralt.

I have read the books and watched the TV series before I played the games. And I chose Triss. What is wrong with me?

I really cannot forget the epic Gold Dragon scene

I prefer sword fights with Marranga or Renfri's gang, it is so funny. How did you like Grażyna Wolszczak as Yennefer?

well it wasn't that bad for the time it was released. And I like actress who plays Yennefer. Though the plot goes crap after first few series :\ Ohh and actor who plays Geralt is awasome! Really love his Geralt.

Żebrowski playing Geralt is quite good. I also liked music and atmosphere/feeling. Plot sucks (from the beginning to the end).

Last edited:
I prefer sword fights with Marranga or Renfri's gang, it is so funny. How did you like Grażyna Wolszczak as Yennefer?

Haha remember it too - I think Grazyna was actually really good as Yennefer - too bad they've decided to not dress her in black and white most of the time...:no

I have read the books and watched the TV series before I played the games. And I chose Triss. What is wrong with me?

Nothing at all! Love the whole sweetie underdog thing going with Triss in the books while all the other sorceresses just try to rip Geralt from Yen right in front of her face lol. Yeah she wasn't perfect but that's what added depth and the whole sorceress feel to her character ;)

Sorry if this sounds too much of my own personal experience

Nothing to apologize for. I think the fact that this one particular dilemma for the character generates so much discussion is because we can all relate to it. I mean, I can't really relate to hitting drowners with a silver sword in exchange for gold coins, but I can certainly identify with being in a relationship with a partner who has some, uh, character flaws?

99% of people here played the games first including the Yen voters. Unless you can read Polish, you either played the games first or are new to the series.

How can an opinion not be biased anyway?

I can read in Bulgarian (Witcher books have been translated for a long time IRC), Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, English and German :)
So ... dont know what you are talking about :D :D

Read the books before the first game came out. Played Witcher 1in 2011 though. With a good PC.

I can read in Bulgarian (Witcher books have been translated for a long time IRC), Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, English and German :)
So ... dont know what you are talking about :D :D

Read the books before the first game came out. Played Witcher 1in 2011 though. With a good PC.

Nice too hear but not the point I was trying to make though. He seemed upset about the poll results and said Triss fans are biased because they played the games first. But many people voting for both options played the games first I am sure :)

Team Triss both books and games! All opinions are biased friends, thats what makes them opinions :p

Nothing to apologize for. I think the fact that this one particular dilemma for the character generates so much discussion is because we can all relate to it. I mean, I can't really relate to hitting drowners with a silver sword in exchange for gold coins, but I can certainly identify with being in a relationship with a partner who has some, uh, character flaws?

Care to share how your personal experience played a role on your choice?

Nice too hear but not the point I was trying to make though. He seemed upset about the poll results and said Triss fans are biased because they played the games first. But many people voting for both options played the games first I am sure :)

Team Triss both books and games! All opinions are biased friends, thats what makes them opinions :p

Forgot to mention I am 19. And so menyz languages!!!!!
I need teh attentionz! :D :D

Well, I do think people that played the games but havent read the books will be more Triss biased.

Last edited:

Did she throw a bed out the window? Teleported you into the middle of a cold lake? Tell us, please. :D

Well, I do think people that played the games but havent read the books will be more Triss biased.

The results of this poll suggest that there is a bias, but not so significant.

We just don't know the effect of reading books after the games (TW1, TW2). I do not expect it to be significant.

Maybe somebody should create yet another poll with different options?

I love to vote :)

Although somebody, perhaps CDPR, needs to commission a professional survey with many options :)

Maybe somebody should create yet another poll with different options?

I love to vote :)

Although somebody, perhaps CDPR, needs to commission a professional survey with many options :)

There were actually two big polls that I remember...for favorite armor type and favorite altrenate romance. Feline won the first one and the second one was either the Twins or the Herbalist...

There was a big Yen/Triss poll too, which pretty much came out 50/50 (it was like 52/48 but close enough).
I was surprised because they got like 20,000 responses. I honestly didn't think a Witcher poll would get that many.

There were actually two big polls that I remember...for favorite armor type and favorite altrenate romance. Feline won the first one and the second one was either the Twins or the Herbalist...

There was a big Yen/Triss poll too, which pretty much came out 50/50 (it was like 52/48 but close enough).
I was surprised because they got like 20,000 responses. I honestly didn't think a Witcher poll would get that many.

I know what you mean, I was joking about commisioning one like they do for political campagins and such...

Questions like, Are you a book reader?
Did you read the books first or not?
Are you basing your choice on what's good for Geralt or as a player?
Are you picking Yen only because it seems the "right" choice?
What were you previous romantic choices?
Did you stay "faithful"?
Did you take into consideration what other characters think about your relationships with either?
Are you in love with the character in a romantic way or are you in love with the character as in the story?
Does the relationship with Ciri matters?
Would it matter if she voiced a strong opinion either way?
Did you enjoy the books?
Do you think there is only one possible canon or is the player allowed to make his own choice?
Are the books the only canon?
Are the game just fanfiction or do you consider them a separate alternative universe?
Do you like the games's story more than the books?
Or is it the other way around?
Do you agree with Yen's actions?
Do you feel they are justified?
What about Triss?
How did you choose in the rest of the options available to you in the game?
Were you spoiled as to possible results or scene?
Did you actually read all these questions?

Are you a book reader?
Did you stay "faithful"?
Did you take into consideration what other characters think about your relationships with either?
Are you in love with the character in a romantic way or are you in love with the character as in the story?
Did you enjoy the books?
Do you think there is only one possible canon or is the player allowed to make his own choice?
Are the game just fanfiction or do you consider them a separate alternative universe?
What about Triss?

Good quiz :)

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Trying to look through Geralt's eyes, not mine
4. Nope
5. All the way Triss in TW1 (Shani was in the same role there as Triss in TW3 - option just for the sake of variety, against any common sense)
6. Yes, watched all possible cutscenes out of interest in my first playthrough (Keira, Cantarella, etc.), but reloaded it. Second playthrough is without cheating :)
7. Only Ciri's opinion could matters to some extent
8. As in the story
9. Yes
10. Yes, to some extent, as I said. It's not like I would change my romantic choice only because of her opinion, but I definitely would consider her words and do some serious talk with her.
11. Hell yeah
12. It's a canon, BUT the core of any RPG is a freedom of player's choices
13. Pretty much yes, because of the variability of the story paths in the games - ending could be canonical if it's single, definite, not then there are 36 of them.
14. Fan-fiction, but exceptionally good one. There's no room for something like "separate alternative universe"
15. No, but it's still great
16. Yes
17. As Geralt - not always, it's not obligatory. From my personal POV it's more often.
18. Always, she's not doing anything without a decent reason
19. Pretty much the same, never caught a thought that she's in big mistake in the games (but there are a number of such moments in the books)
20. Too much of them, needed to be specified
21. No
22. Yes :)

Last edited:
Good quiz :)

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Trying to look through Geralt's eyes, not mine
4. Nope
5. All the way Triss in TW1 (Shani was in the same role there as Triss in TW3 - option just for the sake of variety, against any common sense)
6. Yes, watched all possible cutscenes out of interest in my first playthrough (Keira, Cantarella, etc.), but reloaded it. Second playthrough is without cheating :)
7. Only Ciri's opinion could matters to some extent
8. As in the story
9. Yes
10. Yes, to some extent, as I said. It's not like I would change my romantic choice only because of her opinion, but I definitely would consider her words and do some serious talk with her.
11. Hell yeah
12. It's a canon, BUT the core of any RPG is a freedom of player's choices
13. Pretty much yes, because of the variability of the story paths in the games - ending could be canonical if it's single, definite, not then there are 36 of them.
14. Fan-fiction, but exceptionally good one. There's no room for something like "separate alternative universe"
15. No, but it's still great
16. Yes
17. As Geralt - not always, it's not obligatory. From my personal POV it's more often.
18. Always, she's not doing anything without a decent reason
19. Pretty much the same, never caught a thought that she's in big mistake in the games (but there are a number of such moments in the books)
20. Too much of them, needed to be specified
21. No
22. Yes :)

Wow, you sir, a certified Yen fan :)

I know what you mean, I was joking about commisioning one like they do for political campagins and such...

Did you stay "faithful"?
Did you enjoy the books?
What about Triss?

Yes, no, Geralt, Not picking Yen, Triss, yes in later games, yes, character in story, no, no, yes, choice allowed, no, separate alternate universe, like both equally, ditto, not always, not always, more often than not, ?,no, yes

Did you stay "faithful"?
Did you enjoy the books?
What about Triss?

Yes
Yes
Both ;)
No
Well,in TW1 I left Alvin in Triss' care,but didn't start a relationship with her.In TW2 everybody assumed,that we were a couple for some reason
Not really :)
No
As in the story
Of course
Players are allowed to make their own choice
Yes
A well-written fanfiction
No
Yes
Yes,for the most part
Yes
I don't agree with some of her actions in the books,and I don't like how she took advantage of Geralt's amnesia in the games
To many to list them
No
Yes :D

Top Bottom