Triss vs Yen

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also even now on my 2nd playthrough, I find it hard not to end up with Yen again because Triss's arc is so less satisfying. :(

Yeah i am just like you. Listen to Priscilla's song and tried to find out what it is about. But in my case, the doubt only last 3 days, then Triss all the way

Wait for Triss's romance fix, maybe it will change your opinion :devil:

For true Geralt fans, there always was, is and will be one answer: Yennefer from the Necropolis of Vengerberg.
"Without" Yennefer, Geralt is unable to move on and just wants to die (twice in The Sword of Destiny for example).

In Chinese philosophy, yin and yang describes how two apparently opposite or contrary forces are actually complementary,
interconnected, and interdependent in the natural world, how they give rise to each other as they interrelate to one another.

Both of them are deeply dysfunctional and damaged people with fragile souls, which is why it is very difficult for them
to love or be loved. Both of them have terrible self-esteem, which sadly affects their ability to express how much they
care for and love each other. It is insanely hard for both of them to identify what it is they really have. Can I be loved?
Do I deserve it? Can I return it? Their connection is passionate, sorrowful and beautiful on a completely different level.
But then something more comes in... The ashen midpoint between white and black. Nothing else matters. Equilibrium.

Obligatory :happy2::pride2::smiling2:

Last edited:
I picked Yen for motivational sake. Geralt was happy to find her but stumbles upon Triss in coincidence. But after I finished the game for the 2nd time I really have to say, I'd choose neither of them. One romance is not resolved to full extend, the other demands you to be a leashed dog and defend your love, even if she is disrespectful to actually everybody.

You can balance this by being equally annoying and disrespectful but what kind of relationship is that???? I don't know the book characters but if they are equally written then they are bad. The only thing to strive for is to finding Ciri then.

I dont want to enter this and lecture people on who Yen and/or Triss and/or Geralt actually are.

What I instead want to say is that how much you like a character as a person has ZERO bearing on how well they are written. Some (not all) of the finest characters in human literature (an art form a lot more mature than gaming still) are also either monsters, villains, downright psychopaths or VERY unpleasant people. Written incredibly well... and also not people you or I would ever want to deal with personally.

That aint the case with Triss, Yen or Geralt though, they are mostly good people

For true Geralt fans, there always was, is and will be one answer: Yennefer from the Necropolis of Vengerberg.
"Without" Yennefer, Geralt is unable to move on and just wants to die (twice in The Sword of Destiny for example).

In Chinese philosophy, yin and yang describes how two apparently opposite or contrary forces are actually complementary,
interconnected, and interdependent in the natural world, how they give rise to each other as they interrelate to one another.

Both of them are deeply dysfunctional and damaged people with fragile souls, which is why it is very difficult for them
to love or be loved. Both of them have terrible self-esteem, which sadly affects their ability to express how much they
care for and love each other. It is insanely hard for both of them to identify what it is they really have. Can I be loved?
Do I deserve it? Can I return it? Their connection is passionate, sorrowful and beautiful on a completely different level.
But then something more comes in... The ashen midpoint between white and black. Nothing else matters. Equilibrium.

Obligatory :happy2::pride2::smiling2:

:hatsoff: Well said!

In my first playthrough I chose both and I ended up alone. I am in the middle, since when I play The Witcher I try to keep Geralt coherent with the books and the previous games but also try to make my own decisions as much as possible. From a personal prespective I would have preferred Triss. I like independent women (both Triss and Yen are) but Yen is a bit too cold for me and gave me more an idea of middle aged woman, almost a wife. I guess Triss is more appealing for the younger ppl here (I am in my early twenties) since it resembles more a juvenile love.

That's funny because if i understand well she is about sixty years old, so you saw her like a juvenile love but she is older, much older than you, strange isn't it ?

From a lore prespective I think Geralt should have ended up with Yen, she's more appropriate for him, albeit I never liked the Djinn dynamics in Last Wish, for me it devalues somehow their love to a partial fake relationship.
So, my choice was no choice :/

sad but true.

:hmm: Somehow i am confused here :p

In Chinese philosophy, yin and yang describes how two apparently opposite or contrary forces are actually complementary, interconnected, and interdependent in the natural world, how they give rise to each other as they interrelate to one another.

BUT

Both of them are deeply dysfunctional and damaged people with fragile souls, which is why it is very difficult for them to love or be loved. Both of them have terrible self-esteem, which sadly affects their ability to express how much they care for and love each other. It is insanely hard for both of them to identify what it is they really have. Can I be loved? Do I deserve it? Can I return it? Their connection is passionate, sorrowful and beautiful on a completely different level. But then something more comes in... The ashen midpoint between white and black. Nothing else matters. Equilibrium.

Don't know but seem to me Geralt and Yennefer are similar to each other.....

For true Geralt BOOK fans, there always was, is and will be one answer: Yennefer from the Necropolis of Vengerberg.

Retconned. Your assumption is heavily based on the books only, from a game canon perspective there isn't a true Geralt Fan, but many different Geralts based on choices.

"Without" Yennefer, Geralt is unable to move on and just wants to die (twice in The Sword of Destiny for example)

Again, no trace of that in the games. Only vague hints. Hence:

OPTIONAL :happy2::pride2::smiling2:

I dont want to enter this and lecture people on who Yen and/or Triss and/or Geralt actually are.

What I instead want to say is that how much you like a character as a person has ZERO bearing on how well they are written. Some (not all) of the finest characters in human literature (an art form a lot more mature than gaming still) are also either monsters, villains, downright psychopaths or VERY unpleasant people. Written incredibly well... and also not people you or I would ever want to deal with personally.

Yeah, I love the Black Company, but i don't want to meet them in my world.

In GOT, i love Littlefinger and Tywin Lannister, but i don't want to chat with them in my world.

And I Love Sand Dan Glotka in first Law but spare me please.

Not a chance, I want to live, but in a well written story they are fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom