+

Triss vs Yennefer [NOW WITH SPOILERS. Oh, well.]

• I like triss better

Votes: 269 49.5%
  • i like yen better

Votes: 200 36.8%
  • I like tris better, and from a RP point, I would have to go for yen

Votes: 49 9.0%
  • from a RP point, I'd go with triss aswell.

Votes: 25 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello one and all.
Yep, my first post here ;)

My son made this account for me awhile back when I told him I may want to write something.
Bless him, he was afraid that if I said something that was taken wrong on his game account, that he didn't want his account (him) being blamed for or attacked for it...especially as it's his main account with the game on it from GOG.
To be honest, that bothered me.... not how he felt, but what he implied about the community here...that ppl would take this way beyond normal discourse and go off on each other...but yea, I've read allot out here and can fully understand what he initially said to me and why.

Anyway, to the above poster, my reason for my very first post.

To answer you directly, absolutely not.
I see nothing wrong with Triss needing my help, just like everyone else on the map needing my help.

For me, I kind of played this game at first with that feeling of...screw everything, I got to save my kid Ciri.

But, after plowing through the quests that needed to be done to progress the Main Story alone, I arrived in Skelliga.
My son came into the gaming room and said right off...how in heck did you get so far in the game so fast Dad ?
I responded that my instinct was to go save Ciri, so I did the main quests alone.
He responded with...., Dad...it's a game, not real life. Take your time, enjoy the multiple stories and do the quests...all of them.
It's not like Ciri will die if you take a week, a month or a year to get there.....and he chuckled at me and went on his way.

It says allot for the game developers in my opinion to be able to do something like this.
My wife credits the "heart felt feelings" this game pulls from players because it's more than a game, more like an interactive movie with the excellent CGI etc.
It really makes you feel for the characters as they have suddenly become more real and we the player are a part of their world.

In closing, I will add that we (my family) have read all the books and even the newest one (fan translation to ch 13) and loved the story.
I came into this game from the books hoping for Yen, but for reasons that are my own, I couldn't take her character, nor could my wife in fact.
My kid picked Triss and his girlfriend choose Yen..... which she says she now regrets according to my son.

Not sure that I will, but I may give it another play down the road as from what my kid has been saying, the Triss romance arc is all messed up due to being shoved into Yens arms no matter the choices made..... but he also pointed out that these things may get addressed.
But I do know from the arc I choose of going alone with Ciri....that I was a bit taken back by the obvious incorrect ways I was "shoved" into Yens path with little to no options to object and refuse (ie: necromancy, robbing Ermion's mask and inappropriate flirting after we broke it off not to mention several issues I had with how things played out at the Witchers home castle zone...pfft, Yen would have been sleeping either on those cots downstairs or out in the yard on the busted up bed...but she would not have had the run of my and my mates home...no chance)

Anyway people, be nice to one another.
You are all here for the same reason ultimately, to show your love for a truly great story and a great game developer who have done their best for us all.
My hat is off to them for one.
And they have my support and my families support in the gaming zone. I hope they continue to roll out products such as this one.

Triss is sweet, Yen is sassy. I like them both. And that's why poor Geralt always ends up alone (in my universe at least).

I have nothing more altruist than asking him for delaying his search

Tbh the search is slowed by stuff like:

Looking for every single gwent card out there, horse racing, fist fighting, playing gigolo to Keira, search for that LAST PoI, herding a goat, among many many other things.

Btw, how come this thread was necroed by a Triss fan? everybody knows the power of necromancy lies with the raven haired sorceress...

Tbh the search is slowed by stuff like:

Looking for every single gwent card out there, horse racing, fist fighting, playing gigolo to Keira, search for that LAST PoI, herding a goat, among many many other things.

But only Triss is in love with Geralt. Do ask to your true love whom you'd do everything for him, for puting his daughter's search aside a while for you? True love?
Where's the, go Geralt, my love, go and find Ciri, Don't waste a precious time with me. That is how a true love character ought to acts. And here the poll is about whichi charater fits better to Geralt future. In this wasy, CDPR has not really made a real woman in love of this Triss.

OK. the man who I'm badly in love is concerned and afraid about his dautgher fate. First I tell him where he could... maybe, perhaps, find some information. After he's risked his life and meanwhile discovered his BEST friend is also in danger for helping my lover's daughter. I'm present myself as volunteer to sacrifice, asking him do not not become involved no matter what (even knowing that he will listen to me hardly). In the worse case, I lose my nails (don't care, I'll make them grow again, I'm a powerful healing sorceress).

And after all that, just not abusing from the generousity of my lover one, who still concerned for his daughter, and now for his best friend fate too) I have nothing more altruist than asking him for delaying his search, to save some sorceresses and mages (who he has never seen) while the world is in danger because his daughter fate....

Could this POV of view correct?

Sorry but it is completely right in my eyes that given Triss is happy to help gather leads on what happened to Ciri, that she might ask Geralt's help with the cause she is deeply involved in(rescuing mages/alchemists)

But only Triss is in love with Geralt. Do ask to your true love whom you'd do everything for him, for puting his daughter's search aside a while for you? True love?
Where's the, go Geralt, my love, go and find Ciri, Don't waste a precious time with me. That is how a true love character ought to acts. And here the poll is about whichi charater fits better to Geralt future. In this wasy, CDPR has not really made a real woman in love of this Triss.

Since this is an actual Triss/Yen thread I might say that at least she distracts him for a noble cause, Yen recruits him (without previously telling him her intentions as usual) to chase a djin around for personal reasons. And on top that, one situation is urgent, the other could wait until they rescued Ciri.

Also let's keep it civil, we don't want another one of these closed :)

Last edited:

First of all, both Triss and Yen distract Geralt from finding Ciri to sort their love matters. But actually Triss doesn't get involved at all until you tell her you love her. I mean, her quest - is to help to evacuate the mages. Then it's up to Geralt to start their relationship or not.
Yen just says "Let's go, I need your help" and drags you to solve her love dilemma...

And second, I can't understand why ppl still refer to Ciri as "daughter" as if she was 10 years old. Ciri can protect herself. She keeps herself safe even better when noone is around (by just fleeing). Ciri is very very poowerful and Geralt is seeking for her to help her as a father, not to rescue her as a hero...after all, he's but a simple witcher =)

Yen just says "Let's go, I need your help" and drags you to solve her love dilemma...

I don't want to defend Yennefer or anything, that's not my intention. I just want to clear up any personality misjudgements you may have made. :)

She doesn't force you to do anything. She just mentions it's important for her and thanks you if you agree to help her. ;)

You have an option to refuse.

2. Need a bit of time. Gotta tend to something first.

Look at both of her reactions in the first two minutes of this video. Even if you proceed to refuse with her twice,
she still remains prudent and candid, despite of it being very important to her she easily controls her emotions.

[video=youtube;s-Jne3Iw5lQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-Jne3Iw5lQ[/video]

The reason people keep naturally referring to Ciri as Yennefer's daughter is that she simply is her daughter. :)

Last edited:
I don't want to defend Yennefer or anything, that's not my intention. I just want to clear up any personality misjudgements you may have made. :)

She doesn't force you to do anything. She just mentions it's important for her and thanks you if you agree to help her. You have an option to refuse.

Oh and people keep referring to Ciri as Yennefer's daughter because she simply is her daughter lol.

Just to clarify =)

Yes, of course you can always refuse. I know that. I merely meant that Triss doesn't "plot" any feelings-breakdown-activities at all. That was only to show that Triss doesn't distract you from finding Ciri until you first start it)))

She doesn't force you to do anything. She just mentions it's important for her and thanks you if you agree to help her. ;)

You have an option to refuse.

2. Need a bit of time. Gotta tend to something first.

Look at both of her reactions in the first two minutes of this video. Even if you proceed to refuse with her twice,
she still remains prudent and candid.

The reason people keep naturally referring to Ciri as Yennefer's daughter because is she simply is her daughter.

Yeah, like in Triss case, if you don't like it, don't do it. Simple as that :). And i remember If you don't do Last Wish quest. When meet Yen in vizima, she just sad but doesn't mad at all (need some clarification here, is this one true ?)

Ciri still Yen and Geralt's adoptive daughter. But like Master Dandelion said : "she is not the kid you train in Kaer Mohen anymore. She is a woman now". She can understand Geralt's love choice (IMO)

Just to clarify =)

Yes, of course you can always refuse. I know that. I merely meant that Triss doesn't "plot" any feelings-breakdown-activities at all. That was only to show that Triss doesn't distract you from finding Ciri until you first start it)))

Just waste some hours to help her, it not like you need month to find the Djin :lol: (the same when you meet Yen in Vizima, stay for some hours to chat, damn you ...)

Ok, you don't get what I mean. And I'm not going to try either =)

What I mean is that Yennefer isn't forcing Geralt into anything at all, she just makes it clear how important it is for her.

It's for you to decide whether you agree or not. She's not distracting you from finding Ciri as it is also her main priority.

Let me quote you once again:

This isn't true at all, just a misunderstanding from your side.

Last edited:

Triss' quest is still available after you find out what happened with Ciri... You can still complete it as part of "Brothers in Arms".

Since this is an actual Triss/Yen thread I might say that at least she distracts him for a noble cause, Yen recruits him (without previously telling him her intentions as usual) to chase a djin around for personal reasons. And on top that, one situation is urgent, the other could wait until they rescued Ciri.

Also let's keep it civil, we don't want another one of these closed :)

Are you saying Am I not civilized enough? sorry, then. I try doing my best with my english. But if you're saying that writing a different POV from the several they can have, then, my apologize. I'll try to give POVs closer to the previous posts, no matter what they are speaking about.. More civilized this way?

Yen recruits him (without previously telling him her intentions as usual) to chase a djin around for personal reasons. And on top that, one situation is urgent, the other could wait until they rescued Ciri.

Which directly impact in Geralt's life, so no so selfish or personal, I guess. At least she's the only of the 3 adult people involded who seems really care about freedom of choice. and try to fix this. Nor Geralt' (who made the wish) neither Triss (who seems absolutely not worried about this old "Djinn incident") moved a finger for it. Little huge mistake by CDPR writers.... IMHO.

Last edited:
What I mean is that Yennefer isn't forcing Geralt into anything at all, she just makes it clear how important it is for her.

It's for you to decide whether you agree or not. She's not distracting you from finding Ciri as it is also her main priority.

Let me quote you once again:

This isn't true at all, just a misunderstanding from your side.

Members of this forum clearely understood my point. The only misunderstanding is yours =)
But I don't care ^___^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom