+

Triss vs Yennefer [NOW WITH SPOILERS. Oh, well.]

• I like triss better

Votes: 269 49.5%
  • i like yen better

Votes: 200 36.8%
  • I like tris better, and from a RP point, I would have to go for yen

Votes: 49 9.0%
  • from a RP point, I'd go with triss aswell.

Votes: 25 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then tell us who are these dwarves who hated her?Molnar Giacanardi for example liked her very much.

It was stated that Triss used magic:

Triss had watched them both and was jealous even though it seemed there was little to be jealous of. Their relationship quite obviously made them both unhappy, had led straight to destruction, pain and yet, against all logic… it had lasted. Triss couldn’t understand it. And it had fascinated her. It had fascinated her to such an extent that…
…she had seduced the witcher – with the help of a little magic. She had hit on a propitious moment, a moment when he and Yennefer had scratched at each other’s eyes yet again and had abruptly parted. Geralt had needed warmth, and had wanted to forget.

for the nth time, dont obsess over dwarfs, d bigger point was that she is a pretty vindictive n vile character
for ur happiness tho; here goes one:
All of this happens to the witcher, because a woman wanted it. The witcher always does what this woman wants, a certain Yennefer of Vengerberg. If he at least got something from the sorceress in question … But he gets nothing. The truth. as King Dezmod used to say, looking at the chamber pot after relieving himself "The mind cannot comprehend this."
- Andrzej Sapkowski, The Lady of the Lake

as for Triss, even in that quote, which i knew was bound to come up, it says
"She had hit on a propitious moment, a moment when he and Yennefer had scratched at each other’s eyes yet again and had abruptly parted. Geralt had needed warmth, and had wanted to forget."
so what rules are being broken?
and if u back up a bit more
"Triss had watched them both and was jealous even though it seemed there was little to be jealous of.
Their relationship quite obviously made them both unhappy, had led straight to destruction, pain"
And as for the quote in question
" she had seduced the witcher – with the help of a little magic."
is very different from d implied suggestion that she tried to break up their relation with magic (anyway as mentioned above, d relation was broken and toxic anyway, and not my words but the author himself); whereas this is mentioned right below
"No, Triss had not desired to take him away from Yennefer. As a matter of fact, her friend was more important to her than he was."

in spite of all these points bein mentioned in my first post we are just squabbling for no reason
also, no one seems to want to judge Yennefer by any standards whatever!

Achievement Unlocked:
Saving Literary Education

OT, but actually over here in Germany they do value literary education. At least they did in my German class ... I remember one time we had to write an essay about a short story, and we all kind of misinterpreted that story. (We liked to argue we just had a different point of view on that matter, but nevertheless ... that discussion proved pointless.) Best result of that test were 9 out of 15 credits, and I was told later it was because the essay itself was flawless, but the text misunderstood.

I must agree...

And I am not alone...Vesna, Abigail, Lady of the Lake, Toruviel, Tea&Vea, Ves, Keira, Fringilla etc etc etc...They all agree!

But no one were the Yen's best friend...

But, of course, banging the bestfriend's girlfriend just after they have a discussion is so usuallly among men (similar to laying with a drunk friend of yours who uses to ignore yor attention? Easy work!)... who could be upset with you? (I'm generalising about and bieng absolutly sarcastic... well as if I need explain it!)

But no one were the Yen's best friend...

But, of course, banging the bestfriend's girlfriend just after they have a discussion is so usuallly among men (similar to laying with a drunk friend of yours who uses to ignore yor attention? Easy work!)... who could be upset with you? (I'm generalising about and bieng absolutly sarcastic... well as if I need explain it!)

Hui...^^

If you ask me, there are simply no bad/good persons in this world and also not in the Witcherverse, which is quite refreshing.

To stick only to the fiction, I definitely think there are characters who are virtuous, and others who are vile. Obviously, virtuous characters sometimes act selfishly, and likewise there are vile characters who may act virtuously. That's the mark of good fiction. Personally, I think that Geralt is a good guy and Vilgefortz is a bad guy. Vilgefortz may have 'reasons' for being a bad guy, and understandable motivations, but that doesn't change the fact that his actions are evil.

Another poster chose to answer the question (from the OP) of "Who do you like better?" by saying that he or she thinks one character is virtuous and that another character is not. If that's the criteria you're going to go with, then it follows that you have to make some value judgments. Someone who views the actions of fictional character X through the prism of a particular virtue system might conclude that he/she is an unethical person. Someone comparing the same character against a different measure of virtue, might come to a different conclusion.

If we are going to look at these characters through the standard of Plato's cardinal virtues -- and I choose this just because it's probably the best known -- we can find that they all lapse badly in at least one of those four points. :)

OT, but actually over here in Germany they do value literary education. At least they did in my German class ... I remember one time we had to write an essay about a short story, and we all kind of misinterpreted that story. (We liked to argue we just had a different point of view on that matter, but nevertheless ... that discussion proved pointless.) Best result of that test were 9 out of 15 credits, and I was told later it was because the essay itself was flawless, but the text misunderstood.

Same thing here in Bulgaria.

AT LEAST where I studied. Which is admittedly not representative of the country

This post was so bashed and labeled as completely untrue. In truth, some of the point are indeed, like all dwaves hating her (the bankers in ToC think otherwise) some of them are correct and some are open to interpretation. I can't comment on everything as I haven't read ALL the books yet, but I'll post a few thoughts.

And what has happened between the books and before the start of TW3.
First, both Geralt n Yen have (kinda) died; end of one life, end of the djinn's bind?
First part almost true or a very common and valid interpretation of the end of the saga, they are on their deathbed and Ciri takes them somewhere where "she can't stay" (because she is not dead) and where none of the friends can follow. Triss asks to go the but Ciri refuses, with something like You don't know what you are asking or I can't do that (kill you).
The djinn's bind is active in W3.

Geralt (at least, and perhaps Yen too) had lost his memory and for all intents he and Triss are together; even Foltest acknowledges that enough to grant them both leave (which never happens as Foltest gets assassinated and things take a different turn).
True
This happens on their way to find Foltest's children.

And now, enter Yennefer (or actually the remembrance of her existence and what happened with the Wild Hunt etc.) and things get messy again.
Because you really want to find Yen (and especially if you haven't read the books by then) you have nothing much to go on with because you don't know exactly who or how she is (you only find more about her after the conversation with Letho at the end and by reading the books).
On the other hand Triss has also gone missing and, because you were about to fall in love with her, you wanna find her first - brilliant conflict because you are torn in two directions and are first searching for the other woman! Very well done CDPR, you managed to put me inside Geralt's head without having read the books; amazing writing!
This is true, he recovers all his memories in the mists during the middle of Act 2 but decides to find Triss first and once she is found and safe he sets out to look for Yen.
This one though I blame it on the games design, so as much as I wish it, it doesn't really count. The same goes for the forced break up at the start of W3, game design. So we can't really argue Geralt's predilections one way or the other with this, because there was something bigger at play (gameplay)

And right through the 2nd and 3rd acts and especially after you have that mind-blowing conversation with Letho (needless to say I didn't fight him, again hats off CDPR for a climax where you don't kill who you thought to be the main villain till then but instead kinda feel friendly about him and have a chat and vodka!) you start getting this gnawing feeling what a darling Triss is!
She so loves you and couldn't have you (no pun intended :) ) in your first life and there she is at it again trying to help you find Yen, really poor girl, she was so close this time!
And then after that succinct character exposition by Letho and the books which you read between TW2 and TW3 YOU CAN'T BUT HELP FEEL, SERIOUSLY GERALT, THAT BITCH OVER TRISS?
SO FROM THE TW2 IT'S A REAL BAD AND DYNAMIC TIE WITH SHIFTING LOYALTIES BETWEEN TRISS AND YEN; ONE A CURRENT ALMOST LOVE AND ONE A REMEMBRANCE.
Subjective on Yen's view and I agree that the shifting of priorities wasn't exactly great, but was needed for gameplay reasons.

Yen and Geralt's relation is really toxic, especially for him.
Doesn't seem that much on the later parts of the book, but on the short stories, he almost committed suicide because of the whole Istreed thing, so yeah, pretty bad.

Yen is not a good person, at multiple levels.
Open to interpretation, I would call her in a D&D fashion, TRUE NEUTRAL.

In all probability, it isn't even love between the two, it's just the last wish.
Up to the player in W3.

In spite of the wish Yen broke up with Geralt many many times and possibly the only reason she got back finally is because she wanted a child and Ciri came as a package deal and thus their destinies intertwined again.
They both broke up and yes, it was Ciri who brought them together.

Triss:
She has huge feelings for Geralt, and him alone, and still she never seriously tries to drive a wedge in his relation with Yen; asking for the occasional sexual favour is not weird in their world or in their particular hazy friend/love relation and her desperately sorry state.
She is universally liked and takes care of Ciri to the best of her abilities, naturally as a caring and loving person and because Ciri means a lot to Geralt; while Yen is initially and for a long time jealous of Ciri and only comes around as she wanted a child.
Triss is shown to only have feeling for Geralt in the books and the games. She even asks him to get Yennefer on board to help with Ciri. I also haven't found someone who dislikes her either (except ppl on this forum)
I don't know about long time but Yen is indeed initially jealous of Ciri, and treats her accordingly, until Neneke points out that Geralt and Ciri's relationship is not of THAT kind.

Triss is loyal to all her friends, in particular to the Lodge to the point where she tolerates Fringilla seducing Geralt for the greater good.
She is intelligent, honest and courageous enough to get out of the Lodge once the greater good starts to resemble the greater evil.
She saves Geralt on more than one occasion and she too almost gets killed for him (and earlier for the common people); she even wishes to die with Geralt, though Ciri cuts her off then.
I won't comment on the loyalty part because I need to finish the books and read those events first to get my own conclusions.
She does leave the lodge eventually though, at least in the games.
And yes, she saves him on many occasions, in the games and in the books. And the dying part is true if you take the end of the saga as Geralt and Yen dying.

To allege that she takes advantage of Geralt's amnesia would need her to know that Yen was alive, which only Letho knows; and come on she has suffered so much romantically and emotionally, I would give her that one weakness to hold on to a loved one. And again, as I saw it, she never thrust herself on him (only talking TW2) and he was open to decide.
So true, please we can we lay the "taking advance of the amnesia" argument to rest. Geralt was in full control of his mental faculties, he could reject her if the player wanted to and he could bang enough women to fill an entire deck of cards.

1. Yen and Geralt's relation is really toxic, especially for him.
2. Yen is not a good person, at multiple levels.
3. In all probability, it isn't even love between the two, it's just the last wish.
4. In spite of the wish Yen broke up with Geralt many many times and possibly the only reason she got back finally is because she wanted a child and Ciri came as a package deal and thus their destinies intertwined again.
5. Sex is a very casual thing for both witches n witchers and Yen does it all the time with almost anyone that catches her fancy. Geralt only has a few sexual encounters mostly with likeable persons for likeable reasons and even then he tries to stay as pure as he can for Yen; heck he even turns down Triss multiple times! Apart from this Yen also indulges in a serious relation with the sorcerer Istredd while keeping Geralt on stand-by. And after all this, the bitch has the nerve to ask Geralt again and again if he had other women, and to get upset forever over Geralt and Triss' one-off stand even though Triss loves him and he likes her.

Alright, since you wanted us to be constructive and discuss... I shall answer to everything with one or three or six or fifty sentences, as simply as possible.

Read the books please.

1. Yen and Geralt's relation is really toxic, especially for him.

Can you please elaborate a bit? I'm curious in what way did you actually mean this. If it's the general "Yennefer is toxic" way then why am I even bothering with a response... sigh.

Read the books please.

They caused a lot of pain to each other because they were both scared of being loved and accepted by somebody else
as they were both damaged individuals with a very dark past, can you imagine how hard it must be to open your heart to someone if you were Yennefer or Geralt? Probably not. From what I've understood in the books, Yennefer was the one who had to suffer the most of pain, main cause of it being Geralt with his pathetic stubbornness and emotional instability.

Read the books please.

2. Yen is not a good person, at multiple levels.

Nor is Geralt. Nor is Triss. What is the definition of a good person, especially in The Witcher series? I don't see how is this even relevant. Yennefer remains loyal to Geralt despite of all the shit he put her through and keeps on loving him.

Does that excuse her wrongdoing? No. Does that excuse her countless personality flaws? No.

Does that make her a good person at heart? Yes.

Read the books please.

3. In all probability, it isn't even love between the two, it's just the last wish.

Read the books. Read the books. Read the books. Read the books. Read the books. Just go ahead and read.

:boredom:

Read The Last Wish. You can clearly see that it was love from the first sight from Geralt's part. Genie's "spell" didn't play any role in it and was just an addition towards the end to make it more complicated and romantic.

If you really have so much trouble with comprehensive reading I can quote the most important parts for you.

4. In spite of the wish Yen broke up with Geralt many many times and possibly the only reason she got back finally is because she wanted a child and Ciri came as a package deal and thus their destinies intertwined again.

Wrong. Geralt broke up with Yennefer. Many times. All the time. She loved him and kept accepting his countless apologies regardless of all the harm caused to her.

Read The Last Wish. Read The Bounds of Reason. Read A Shard of Ice. Read Something More. Read please sir!

Read before you judge a character based on what you've heard or seen in a video game. You didn't read the books properly and you know it.

Ciri came in as a package deal.
Right. Oh god. Yeah, she wanted a child, obviously. While other sorceresses were busy with world manipulation and feeding their hunger for power, our terrible person Yennefer was just trying to "cure" her infertility. Read "Something More" and the last chapter of "Blood of Elves". How wrong it is from an infertile woman
to want an adoptive daughter, right? That's just completely sick.

I like how every single one of your kind brings up this point "she only came back to Geralt because of Ciri". Yes exactly. Ciri was the only reason. She wanted to help her, guide her, protect her. Love her as her own.

In "Something More" - read it please - she makes herself quite clear that she is tired of being constantly hurt and dumped for all these years. She loves him very much but he keeps treating her like shit so she finally decides to give up after a decade of pain. They needed something more to make their relationship work, because Geralt wasn't emotionally stable and able to naturally love someone to a point where he would be capable of maintaining a stable relationship.
He had a strong affection, perhaps even something resembling love a little at heart, but he wasn't able to say it and live with it. He was an emotional mess pretty much, but that's expected since he was a mutated witcher with suppressed and underdeveloped feelings. Emotional state of a 15 year old. Yennefer and her painful childhood which resulted in her doubting and blaming herself didn't help either. Ciri was something they both needed, a daughter they would both care for and love her more than anything, more than each other. Yennefer indeed came back to Geralt only because of Ciri.
You know why? Geralt didn't even bother to contact her until it was necessary and he couldn't avoid it anymore. He knew he fucked up big time and didn't want to hurt her anymore, because at that point (during Blood of the Elves and Ciri's training) he was becoming more emotionally developed and started to understand what he really felt towards Yennefer, however he acknowledged it was probably too late. Well thankfully Yennefer was stupid enough still in love with him too.

Read the books. It doesn't hurt. They're awesome. They make you smile, they make you cry, they make you regret you started reading, they make you wanna read more. Read.

5. Sex is a very casual thing for both witches n witchers and Yen does it all the time with almost anyone that catches her fancy. Geralt only has a few sexual encounters mostly with likeable persons for likeable reasons and even then he tries to stay as pure as he can for Yen; heck he even turns down Triss multiple times! Apart from this Yen also indulges in a serious relation with the sorcerer Istredd while keeping Geralt on stand-by. And after all this, the bitch has the nerve to ask Geralt again and again if he had other women, and to get upset forever over Geralt and Triss' one-off stand even though Triss loves him and he likes her.

"Sex is a very casual thing for witches, witchers and Yen does it all the time with almost anyone that catches her fancy."

Yes indeed. Yennefer is a perverted freak. And you know what? This makes a relationship more healthy. Trust me.

It's easy to get bored, but that isn't going to happen to you with Yennefer.

Geralt wasn't particularly impressed with the collection. He had lived at Yennefer's house in Vengerberg for six months and she possessed an even more interesting collection, including a phallus of unprecedented proportions, apparently from a mountain troll. She also had a magnificent stuffed unicorn, upon whose back she liked to make love. Geralt was of the opinion that the only place even less suited for lovemaking would be the back of a live unicorn. In contrast to the witcher, who considered a bed a luxury and valued all possible applications such a wonderful piece of furniture offered, Yennefer was wildly inventive. Geralt recalled pleasant moments spent with the sorceress on the slope of a roof, in the hollow of a dead tree, on the balcony, and those of others, the railing of a bridge, a canoe, rocking unsteadily on a rushing stream and lastly while levitating thirty fathoms above the ground. But worst of all was the unicorn. One happy day, however, the thing collapsed beneath them. It ripped open and broke into pieces, causing the pair to burst into wild laughter.

Yennefer has sex all the time with almost anyone that catches her fancy? While this isn't that far from the truth, I would still take it down a notch. You make her sound like some nymphomaniac that jumps on horses around every corner.
Did she have many sexual partners? Obviously. So did Geralt. It's natural. Is that supposed to be a bad thing?
Because it isn't. It depends on your point of view. I wouldn't call Geralt nor Yennefer promiscuous.
They're both 100 years old. Of course there will be quite a list after such a time.

"Yen also indulges in a serious relation with the sorcerer Istredd while keeping Geralt on stand-by."

Oh you know what I didn't write in a long time? READ THE BOOKS. Yennefer was already in a relationship with Istredd when she met Geralt and fell in love with him. Istredd was the one "being kept on stand-by", not Geralt. She was ready to give up everything for Geralt - even Istredd who on the other hand was ready to give up everything for Yennefer and she knew that - and love him blindly, crazily and unconditionally, just like love is supposed to be, but back then Geralt was still a little emotionally underdeveloped and unstable mutant. He wasn't able to tell Yennefer he loves her and wants to be with her forever. He was way too damaged. He wasn't able to understand, experience and express his feelings properly, which was destroying Yennefer from the inside. He wasn't able to say the three magic words.
She gave him a chance and he didn't take it. Who's fault was that? Enough spoilers. Please just go ahead and read
A Shard of Ice. I beg you. It's worth it. It explains their "toxic" relationship much better. Please read it.

Like I said: Last Wish -- The Bounds of Reason -- A Shard of Ice -- Something More. JUST DO IT.

YESTERDAY YOU SAID TOMORROW. JUST READ IT!

"And after all this, the bitch has the nerve to ask Geralt again and again if he had other women, and to get upset forever over Geralt and Triss' one-off stand even though Triss loves him and he likes her."

Again, no comment. You clearly didn't read at all or saw the words as you wanted to see them. Yennefer never "cheated" on Geralt, it almost happened in "Something More" after some months of despair, but that only had a sexual meaning. She got thirsty, it's understandable. No feelings involved, unlike in Geralt's affairs with Triss, Fringilla etc; that was more than just sex. I wouldn't say she was that bitchy and upset about it, I would probably get more pissed off if I was in her shoes. But yeah remember in both cases spells were involved, so it was quite easy for her to forgive him, especially since she didn't know Geralt's emotions and affection for both women were included as well, it wasn't all just because
of spells. She gave Triss shit for taking an advantage of him, that's to be expected after your friend backstabs you.

Last edited:
Why do you ask someone to read when the issue is not in reading but making a reasonable understand of what is writen? If someone has some lack of empathy it will be a hard challenge to understand what Sapkowski try to explain maybe is....

Dammit @wassabii28... are you a zen-soul or some kind of it? ;) What a patience!

@wichat I just refuse to believe he actually read anything...

Dijkstra is Geralt's one true love. In my part of the world there is a saying that you don't love someone until you break their leg. Had Geralt broken Triss' leg yet? NO. Has he broken Yennefer's leg yet? NO.

BUT.

He has broken Dijkstra's leg.

/thread

Alright, since you wanted us to be constructive and discuss... I shall answer to everything with one or three or six or fifty sentences, as simply as possible.

Read the books please.

Can you please elaborate a bit? I'm curious in what way did you actually mean this. If it's the general "Yennefer is toxic" way then why am I even bothering with a response... sigh.

Read the books please.

They caused a lot of pain to each other because they were both scared of being loved and accepted by somebody else
as they were both damaged individuals with a very dark past, can you imagine how hard it must be to open your heart to someone if you were Yennefer or Geralt? Probably not. From what I've understood in the books, Yennefer was the one who had to suffer the most of pain, main cause of it being Geralt with his pathetic stubbornness and emotional instability.

Read the books please.

Nor is Geralt. Nor is Triss. What is the definition of a good person, especially in The Witcher series? I don't see how is this even relevant. Yennefer remains loyal to Geralt despite of all the shit he put her through and keeps on loving him.

Does that excuse her wrongdoing? No. Does that excuse her countless personality flaws? No.

Does that make her a good person at heart? Yes.

Read the books please.

Read the books. Read the books. Read the books. Read the books. Read the books. Just go ahead and read.

:boredom:

Read The Last Wish. You can clearly see that it was love from the first sight from Geralt's part. Genie's "spell" didn't play any role in it and was just an addition towards the end to make it more complicated and romantic.

If you really have so much trouble with comprehensive reading I can quote the most important parts for you.

Wrong. Geralt broke up with Yennefer. Many times. All the time. She loved him and kept accepting his countless apologies regardless of all the harm caused to her.

Read The Last Wish. Read The Bounds of Reason. Read A Shard of Ice. Read Something More. Read please sir!

Read before you judge a character based on what you've heard or seen in a video game. You didn't read the books properly and you know it.

Ciri came in as a package deal.
Right. Oh god. Yeah, she wanted a child, obviously. While other sorceresses were busy with world manipulation and feeding their hunger for power, our terrible person Yennefer was just trying to "cure" her infertility. Read "Something More" and the last chapter of "Blood of Elves". How wrong it is from an infertile woman
to want an adoptive daughter, right? That's just completely sick.

I like how every single one of your kind brings up this point "she only came back to Geralt because of Ciri". Yes exactly. Ciri was the only reason. She wanted to help her, guide her, protect her. Love her as her own.

In "Something More" - read it please - she makes herself quite clear that she is tired of being constantly hurt and dumped for all these years. She loves him very much but he keeps treating her like shit so she finally decides to give up after a decade of pain. They needed something more to make their relationship work, because Geralt wasn't emotionally stable and able to naturally love someone to a point where he would be capable of maintaining a stable relationship.
He had a strong affection, perhaps even something resembling love a little at heart, but he wasn't able to say it and live with it. He was an emotional mess pretty much, but that's expected since he was a mutated witcher with suppressed and underdeveloped feelings. Emotional state of a 15 year old. Yennefer and her painful childhood which resulted in her doubting and blaming herself didn't help either. Ciri was something they both needed, a daughter they would both care for and love her more than anything, more than each other. Yennefer indeed came back to Geralt only because of Ciri.
You know why? Geralt didn't even bother to contact her until it was necessary and he couldn't avoid it anymore. He knew he fucked up big time and didn't want to hurt her anymore, because at that point (during Blood of the Elves and Ciri's training) he was becoming more emotionally developed and started to understand what he really felt towards Yennefer, however he acknowledged it was probably too late. Well thankfully Yennefer was stupid enough still in love with him too.

Read the books. It doesn't hurt. They're awesome. They make you smile, they make you cry, they make you regret you started reading, they make you wanna read more. Read.

"Sex is a very casual thing for witches, witchers and Yen does it all the time with almost anyone that catches her fancy."

Yes indeed. Yennefer is a perverted freak. And you know what? This makes a relationship more healthy. Trust me.

It's easy to get bored, but that isn't going to happen to you with Yennefer.

Geralt wasn't particularly impressed with the collection. He had lived at Yennefer's house in Vengerberg for six months and she possessed an even more interesting collection, including a phallus of unprecedented proportions, apparently from a mountain troll. She also had a magnificent stuffed unicorn, upon whose back she liked to make love. Geralt was of the opinion that the only place even less suited for lovemaking would be the back of a live unicorn. In contrast to the witcher, who considered a bed a luxury and valued all possible applications such a wonderful piece of furniture offered, Yennefer was wildly inventive. Geralt recalled pleasant moments spent with the sorceress on the slope of a roof, in the hollow of a dead tree, on the balcony, and those of others, the railing of a bridge, a canoe, rocking unsteadily on a rushing stream and lastly while levitating thirty fathoms above the ground. But worst of all was the unicorn. One happy day, however, the thing collapsed beneath them. It ripped open and broke into pieces, causing the pair to burst into wild laughter.

Yennefer has sex all the time with almost anyone that catches her fancy? While this isn't that far from the truth, I would still take it down a notch. You make her sound like some nymphomaniac that jumps on horses around every corner.
Did she have many sexual partners? Obviously. So did Geralt. It's natural. Is that supposed to be a bad thing?
Because it isn't. It depends on your point of view. I wouldn't call Geralt nor Yennefer promiscuous.
They're both 100 years old. Of course there will be quite a list after such a time.

"Yen also indulges in a serious relation with the sorcerer Istredd while keeping Geralt on stand-by."

Oh you know what I didn't write in a long time? READ THE BOOKS. Yennefer was already in a relationship with Istredd when she met Geralt and fell in love with him. Istredd was the one "being kept on stand-by", not Geralt. She was ready to give up everything for Geralt - even Istredd who on the other hand was ready to give up everything for Yennefer and she knew that - and love him blindly, crazily and unconditionally, just like love is supposed to be, but back then Geralt was still a little emotionally underdeveloped and unstable mutant. He wasn't able to tell Yennefer he loves her and wants to be with her forever. He was way too damaged. He wasn't able to understand, experience and express his feelings properly, which was destroying Yennefer from the inside. He wasn't able to say the three magic words.
She gave him a chance and he didn't take it. Who's fault was that? Enough spoilers. Please just go ahead and read
A Shard of Ice. I beg you. It's worth it. It explains their "toxic" relationship much better. Please read it.

Like I said: Last Wish -- The Bounds of Reason -- A Shard of Ice -- Something More. JUST DO IT.

YESTERDAY YOU SAID TOMORROW. JUST READ IT!

"And after all this, the bitch has the nerve to ask Geralt again and again if he had other women, and to get upset forever over Geralt and Triss' one-off stand even though Triss loves him and he likes her."

Again, no comment. You clearly didn't read at all or saw the words as you wanted to see them. Yennefer never "cheated" on Geralt, it almost happened in "Something More" after some months of despair, but that only had a sexual meaning. She got thirsty, it's understandable. No feelings involved, unlike in Geralt's affairs with Triss, Fringilla etc; that was more than just sex. I wouldn't say she was that bitchy and upset about it, I would probably get more pissed off if I was in her shoes. But yeah remember in both cases spells were involved, so it was quite easy for her to forgive him, especially since she didn't know Geralt's emotions and affection for both women were included as well, it wasn't all just because
of spells. She gave Triss shit for taking an advantage of him, that's to be expected after your friend backstabs you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom