+

Triss vs Yennefer [NOW WITH SPOILERS. Oh, well.]

• I like triss better

Votes: 269 49.5%
  • i like yen better

Votes: 200 36.8%
  • I like tris better, and from a RP point, I would have to go for yen

Votes: 49 9.0%
  • from a RP point, I'd go with triss aswell.

Votes: 25 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Triss, I will always choose her.
Even from a RP point I choose Triss and I know the books. Actually it's because of the books that I could never choose Yen at all.

One of the major reasons I'm starting to dislike Yen is because of replies like this. Can't you just say why you like Yen instead of trying to taking other characters down and ruining the fun for others? This seems to be a trend on this forum - really disappointing.

It's a "vs" thread. One might expect reasons for picks to be given.

Last edited:
For me the reason was simple. Triss just has a better personality than Yen. Yen on the other hand has the personality that will inevitably lead a male to go MGTOW. What's funny is that Cerys & Keira both point out the dysfunction in Geralt's relationship with Yen, and what's more they're both women.

There comes to a point where what friends say about your relationship shouldn't matter. but when EVERYBODY says that Yen treats you like a dog including close friends, relatives and people whom you barely know, even Ciri admits that Yen is a schemer. I'd say some change is in order.

I like Yen from the very first moment in books, even before Geralt met her. I and she we resemble in very points, experiences, feelings, selfprotection, independency, self-reliance...

Oh, well... Perhaps that's why guys never have liked me.... or have they and fear to admit it? ;)

Last edited:
I like Yen from the very first moment in books, even before Geralt met her. I and she we resemble in very points, experiences, feelings, selfprotection, independency, self-reliance...

Oh, well... Perhaps that's why guys never have liked me.... or have they and fear to admit it? ;)

People who succeed with relationships seek teammates, not somebody to boss around and not someone to boss them around. That's what it comes down to, and the result outpouring of support for Triss.

Triss and its not even a competition

Yen is just an annoying ice queen I was sick of her in TW3 seeing as how much she was forced on me

Thankfully the games are their own thing
I lost all motivation for reading the books after I heard that Yen is Geralts true love there

I can only endure so much bitchiness

Last edited:
Don't be so upset, let them have their Triss-trash! Yen is not that far behind. Besides, if it was the other way around, Yen in previous two games as well and Triss makeing her first entry, Triss wouldn't have a single fan. It's not easy to be a new chica when so many have got used to Triss.

Damm Yen fans are salty at Triss popularity
Its quite funny

Now I know Geralt is no angel - far from it, but the way Yen treats him, both in the books and in the Witcher 3, I see her as a complete control freak. Manipulative...Overbearing...Domineering...and at times, almost psychotic.

Toxic would describe the unhealthy relationship they have going, something noticed by Geralt`s friends/fellow Witchers.

Triss is overall sweet, passionate, loyal and an extrovert with lots of personal charm - she`s great for Geralt.

In the books when Triss and Yen first meet Ciri in their respective times, Triss is concerned right away about how Ciri is being treated properly and shows real warmth to the little girl from the get go. She helps her without any attitude.
Yen just acts her usual bitchy, cold self to her for a good while.

In "The Last Wish" Yen shows she thinks nothing of using mind control on Geralt and marching him into town to get into fights. She also blasts him with a spell when he`s fighting The Reavers, causing him (and her) to be captured and bound.
Here we see that cold ruthless side to her.

I`ve read the Yen "book fans" excuses on here like "Ah but she was an unloved hunchback" (before she was able to change her looks through sorcery) Ah this explains why she is such an unlikable bitch?. Oh please.

In "Times of Contempt" when Yen takes Geralt to the Mages meeting at Thanedd, Yen is in typical form when she puts Geralt down in front of a couple of Sorceress in a humiliating manner. Basically she treats him like a child the whole time.

Also, during the Thanedd coup, It`s Triss that finds Geralt who is dying to all intents and purposes, she saves Geralt with the help of Tissaia de Vries. This is never mentioned by the Yen book fans though when they like to try and make out Triss was a coward and disloyal in the books.

One could also wonder how Yenefer fucked up so much by taking Ciri into a complete nest of vipers at Thanedd, she certainly knew how scheming and dangerous they were...

But yeah as far as choosing between the two, if you like scathing Women telling you what to do, what to say and what to wear etc. while emasculating you in front of others then Yeniffer is going to be a solid choice. No wonder Geralt would do a runner every so often :D

Last edited:
And Triss fans are so pissed at Yen,for having more screentime in TW3.It's hilarious.

Definitely not as hilarious as book/yen fans
they are on another level
Just look at the other guy's post someone is VERY bitter and desperate

I haven't seen anyone call Yen trash for an example
I'm enjoying the salt though so please continue

Definitely not as hilarious as book/yen fans
they are on another level
Just look at the other guy's post someone is VERY bitter and desperate

I haven't seen anyone call Yen trash for an example
I'm enjoying the salt though so please continue

But i have seen people saying,that she's nothing more than an evil bitch,which is not true.

Last edited:
But i have seen people saying,that she's nothing more than a an evil bitch,which is not true.

She definitely was a bit bitchy in the games though (can't say much about books)

But I don't doubt that there may be more to her

Still I just didn't like her with Geralt and prefer Triss

Pissing her off way quite funny though (kaer morhen)

Last edited:
********** BOOK PLOT SPOILERS *********

Now I know Geralt is no angel - far from it, but the way Yen treats him in the first few books, well door mat sprang to mind. It irritated me when she used him to go marching into town to wreak her revenge during the Djinn story when they first meet, he could have been killed or maimed during the fights but ends up in a dungeon before eventually getting freed, when the schmuck goes to save her. Then there was the time with the gold dragon, when Geralt is fighting the leader of the Reavers and Yen blasts the ground from under his feet and shouts "Bind him and put him on the wagon", resulting in Geralt and her (silly cow)being bound but it could easily have got him killed there and then. For her, the Dragon parts were more important. The Ice Shard story where Geralt and her Magician friend/love interest are at odds over Yennefer, we find out she slept with Geralt at night and the Sorcerer in the morning. I know Sorceresses and Magicians did this kind of thing frequently and often for political advantages etc, but I just thought "Skank!".

I just can`t help seeing Yen as a vitriolic ex-hunchback who uses and abuses without batting an eyelash. While Triss abusing the amnesia episode to get a share of Geralt was pretty naughty, I felt she was much more sweeter in how she treated him overall. The first two Witcher games made me really dig Triss - damn you CDPR, then TW3 kicked me in the balls by showing Triss as a pissed off, grumpier shadow of what we had experienced. I was like "what the hell has Geralt done now..?"
Her whole appearance in TW3 was arguably outshone even by the Keira Metz quests/romance. Anyway just my thoughts and rambling :p

She used him in "The Last Wish" because he lied to her about the seal.Seriously,asking a sorceress for help and lying to her in the process is one the dumbest things Geralt ever did.

About the Dragon story.Prior to that Geralt ran away from Yen,without even saying goodbye,so,of course,she was pissed at him.

Geralt also cheated on Yen.In "The Lady of the Lake" while Yen was tortured by Vilgefortz,Geralt was sleeping with Fringilla Vigo.And when Geralt asked Yen about Istredd,she told him everything,Geralt,on the other hand,lied to Yen about Fringilla.

Triss might seem sweeter in the way she treats Geralt,but Yen is more loyal to him.Triss betrayed Yen,Geralt and Ciri by allying herself with the Lodge.

Last edited:
I prefer Triss. I liked her more than Yennefer even in the books, but back then she had one major flaw. She was too cowardly to do what she knew to be right. But this changed after the Rivian Pogrom, she found her courage. In TW2 and TW3 she is becoming stronger and more independent, no longer under the influence of the Lodge (read Philippa Eilhart).

I respect Yennefer, but I don't like the way she treats other people (including Geralt). Triss has a good character too and she is a nicer person.

I hope Istredd still lives and Yen can be happy with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom