+

Triss vs Yennefer [NOW WITH SPOILERS. Oh, well.]

• I like triss better

Votes: 269 49.5%
  • i like yen better

Votes: 200 36.8%
  • I like tris better, and from a RP point, I would have to go for yen

Votes: 49 9.0%
  • from a RP point, I'd go with triss aswell.

Votes: 25 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confused, wasn't it mentioned in her thoughts in BoE that her friendship with Yen was more important than Geralt?

That wasnt really what she thought, just take all what shes done to Yen just because of Geralt. Seduced him, always argued with Yen over him, didnt tell Geralt about Yen...

1.She could do nothing against it, opposite genders attract each other, additionaly she was a bit jealous of Yen and wanted to see how is it like to sleep with a witcher, she saw it as a small flirt, eventually ending up being desparately in love with him. :(
2.Her being with the Lodge had nothing with
Geralt and Ciri, she was there because of Yen. :p
3.Ofc, Yen is her rival all the time in the books.
4.Again, that Lodge thing was only about Yen.
5.BS, she would never leave Geralt and Ciri, and eventually she helped even Yen ;)
6.Again, she couldnt help it.
7.Who did she sell exactly?

You must be trolling, there's no way you're this delusional.

It's a little offtopic, but :evil:

If Yenn didn't follow Tissaia order and didn't drop Ciri's safety for it - there would be no mess with this theme :disgust:

There'd be a different kind of bloodshed, more sad, I'd say, 'cause Tissaia would defend Vilgefortz & Co. at this moment. It was the time which called Zugzwang in chess :) To return this thing slightly back on topic - Triss would had a higher chances to be damaged in this scenario :D

That wasnt really what she thought

Thats what i remember.

just take all what shes done to Yen just because of Geralt

If you are referring to an incident after Baptism of Fire I wouldn't know about it.Up to that point I can't remember her doing something serious against Yen.

didnt tell Geralt about Yen

Not sure if you are talking about TW and TW2 during Geralt's amnesia or about Yen not being an ally to Vilgefortz.Again i can't comment on that i've only read about that here and not in great detail.

Thats what i remember.

If you are referring to an incident after Baptism of Fire I wouldn't know about it.Up to that point I can't remember her doing something serious against Yen.

Not sure if you are talking about TW and TW2 during Geralt's amnesia or about Yen not being an ally to Vilgefortz.Again i can't comment on that i've only read about that here and not in great detail.

Man, just the fact that she loves Geralt makes no sense of that she cares more about Yen. :p

Man, just the fact that she loves Geralt makes no sense of that she cares more about Yen.

I know but the inconsistency here is that she didn't say that to anyone where one could argue that she might have been lying, but she thought about it which means there had to be a certain level of sincerity.

Letho wasn't sure of it himself.And Adelberd said that Triss sold out all members of the Lodge:
At 4:40
Well, I had an argument over this recently, so here are some facts.
Both Shilard and Adelberd lie about "they got info about the Lodge from Triss", because they were all aware of the Lodge before - confirmed by Shilard killing Assire, Cynthia capturing Triss etc.
Shilard wanted to use Triss as the one who would reveal the truth about the Lodge to everyone - because she was a member of the Lodge and she was a mage from Northern Kingdoms, not Nilfgaardian one.
They could only know of the Lodge from its' members, Yen and Ciri. Considering they couldn't find Ciri yet, and it doesn't make sense for a single member of the Lodge to reveal their existence, considering Yen was in Nilf's prison for a month and considering Letho words, we can be 99.99% sure it was Yen who told them about the Lodge, willingly or not.

Infact Yen has done absolutely nothing in skellige as she pissed off everyone. Until Geralt came she didnt accomplish anything.

In a video game no one does anything UNLESS the main protagonist is there.

Less you are STALKER. Then people do things no matter where you are. But this aint STALKER for good and bad, this is Witcher 3. And most elements of Game Design state that Yen must do nothing till Geralt is there, with the player.

I think that the actions of Shilard and Letho make it pretty clear that they already have that information. What they're trying to do is get Triss to put her name on it so that they can present it as evidence at the Summit, without inviting really obvious questions like "Gee, how exactly did you guys find out about all of this?"

Of course they knew it before they interrogated Triss.But it doesn't mean than she didn't sell them out.

---------- Updated at 08:57 PM ----------

Well, I had an argument over this recently, so here are some facts.
Both Shilard and Adelberd lie about "they got info about the Lodge from Triss", because they were all aware of the Lodge before - confirmed by Shilard killing Assire, Cynthia capturing Triss etc.
Shilard wanted to use Triss as the one who would reveal the truth about the Lodge to everyone - because she was a member of the Lodge and she was a mage from Northern Kingdoms, not Nilfgaardian one.
They could only know of the Lodge from its' members, Yen and Ciri. Considering they couldn't find Ciri yet, and it doesn't make sense for a single member of the Lodge to reveal their existence, considering Yen was in Nilf's prison for a month and considering Letho words, we can be 99.99% sure it was Yen who told them about the Lodge, willingly or not.

Adelberd didn't say that he got the information about the Lodge from Triss.Geralt asks him:"What did she tell you?" and he answered.

Last edited:
Of course they knew it before they interrogated Triss.But it doesn't mean than she didn't sell them out.

Last part, since it's about Yen :)

As usual, same with the books events in thanned, this whole mess was started indirectly by her...

By being a general nuisance after Geralt had just given up his life for hers and trying to hit on some of his friends, she made the group get captured... as a consequence, the emperor was able to make his deal with Letho and Co and probably as a result of trying to restore her memory, they got the names of the lodge and who knows how many other secrets...

Last part, since it's about Yen :)

As usual, same with the books events in thanned, this whole mess was started indirectly by her...

By being a general nuisance after Geralt had just given up his life for hers and trying to hit on some of his friends, she made the group get captured... as a consequence, the emperor was able to make his deal with Letho and Co and probably as a result of trying to restore her memory, they got the names of the lodge and who knows how many other secrets...

The fact that they've learned about the Lodge from Yen doesn't mean that Triss didn't sell them out.

The fact that they've learned about the Lodge from Yen doesn't mean that Triss didn't sell them out.
And the fact that Shilard and Adelberg tell that Triss sold them doesn't mean she REALLY did, because we see them lying on several occasions.
At the same time, Triss herself says she told them nothing.

Last edited:
Always enjoy discussing the plot of TW2, because it is such a great tangled mess.

Adelberd didn't say that he got the information about the Lodge from Triss.Geralt asks him:"What did she tell you?" and he answered.

When I first played this part in the EE, I assumed the same thing you did. It makes sense based on what I know of the character, which is that in the books she was someone prone to panic when she was in danger, and she knows (with some embellishments) that Phil and Sile sold her out.

But if you choose to use the prototype megascope, you can listen in on what's happening to Triss at that moment, and what's happening is that she's being tortured by Shilard because she won't tell him anything. This directly contradicts two things Adalbert says, which are that he 'supervised the interrogation personally' and that Triss didn't resist at all. The obvious conclusion is that Adalbert is lying. How convenient that he told Geralt two key things that Shilard wants everyone at the Summit to be aware of: the existence/membership of the Lodge, and the fact that the Lodge is behind the assassinations of kings.

He also doesn't seem very intimidated by Geralt when he decides to attack him and Cynthia for the relatively minor crime of 'peering through a megascope prototype for five seconds.'

Always enjoy discussing the plot of TW2, because it is such a great tangled mess.

When I first played this part in the EE, I assumed the same thing you did. It makes sense based on what I know of the character, which is that in the books she was someone prone to panic when she was in danger, and she knows (with some embellishments) that Phil and Sile sold her out.

But if you choose to use the prototype megascope, you can listen in on what's happening to Triss at that moment, and what's happening is that she's being tortured by Shilard because she won't tell him anything. This directly contradicts two things Adalbert says, which are that he 'supervised the interrogation personally' and that Triss didn't resist at all. The obvious conclusion is that Adalbert is lying. How convenient that he told Geralt two key things that Shilard wants everyone at the Summit to be aware of: the existence/membership of the Lodge, and the fact that the Lodge is behind the assassinations of kings.

He also doesn't seem very intimidated by Geralt when he decides to attack him and Cynthia for the relatively minor crime of 'peering through a megascope prototype for five seconds.'

The prototype megascope or whatever it was called showed the present, not the past. It showed what she was going through at that moment in the dungeon, not what she went through previously when adelbert was there. As you well know, he wasn't there, he was dead on the floor in the same room as you.

The prototype megascope or whatever it was called showed the present, not the past.
And that's the point. It shows the beginning of the interrogation and Triss clearly refuses to tell anything. Why in the world would she firstly reveal secrets and then refuse to tell anything?

[Sard Edit: HOW is this Triss vs Yen? Howwww? Wait I don't care. ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Triss Vs Yen! Triss vs Yen!

Can't believe I'm encouraging people to return to a conflict state instead of discussing Witcher 2, which is much more interesting...HOWEVER. THEM'S THE RULES ISH. Which I occasionally care about.

So. Topic. BACK TO IT. If you go off it, I'm maybe likely to Pony all your work. Including interesting bits about Clever Plots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom