+

Triss vs Yennefer [NOW WITH SPOILERS. Oh, well.]

• I like triss better

Votes: 269 49.5%
  • i like yen better

Votes: 200 36.8%
  • I like tris better, and from a RP point, I would have to go for yen

Votes: 49 9.0%
  • from a RP point, I'd go with triss aswell.

Votes: 25 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be so sure about that, but each to their own, I guess.

You are right, depending on your choices in the conversation, it can end that way. However, I meant that the love between them seemed sincere, that they actially cared for eachother. whereas with yenn it seemed more like lust.

But as you said, to each their own. And since I said it was my opinion, this discussion was kind of pointless lol

Don't get me wrong, I welcome your opinion on it. however, it is just not one that can really be argued since we both have different perceptions and feelings on it

As for keeping secrets, I trust both. Tris got forced to teleport letho after she found out about what the lodge was doing for the most part so I can't really blame the character for not coming out and saying something considering she was missing. And if I recall, yen didn't think Geralt and co trusted her, so she kept the secrets until they needed to know.

Last edited:
I think you can, both hide the truth, even from Geralt, until a certain point. You either trust them or you don't.

Not really. There's "truth" and then there's "truth". Triss witholds from Geralt something far more important because it's about him, his life, his past, his loved ones. Yennefer however, is not willing to tell him everything and she has a reason for it, and this reason has nothing to do with herself (whereas with Triss...well she loves Geralt so it would be sufficient for her if he never learnt about Yen, of course we can discuss the morality of that etc - but you get my point) - Yen doesn't want (at first) to tell about her plan because she predicts the harsh reaction from the witchers, whereas she wants to act quickly - to find Ciri. Because in the end this is her only goal here, finding and saving their daughter. Geralt can be sure about her motivations and he knows that no matter what - both of them want the same. Her "lies" are far less threatening.

Not really. There's "truth" and then there's "truth". Triss witholds from Geralt something far more important because it's about him, his life, his past, his loved ones. Yennefer however, is not willing to tell him everything and she has a reason for it, and this reason has nothing to do with herself (whereas with Triss...well she loves Geralt so it would be sufficient for her if he never learnt about Yen, of course we can discuss the morality of that etc - but you get my point) - Yen doesn't want (at first) to tell about her plan because she predicts the harsh reaction from the witchers, whereas she wants to act quickly - to find Ciri. Because in the end this is her only goal here, finding and saving their daughter. Geralt can be sure about her motivations and he knows that no matter what - both of them want the same. Her "lies" are far less threatening.

I completely agree with that example, it doesn't even begin to compare.

But the lodge example does. She had no real reason to tell him about it at first, and she didn't know they were behind the assassinations, or rather Sile and Philippa were, until it was too late to tell him. And she did tell him, as soon as she could after she knew.

I don't see that as being different than how Yennefer hides things from Geralt sometimes, like about how she wants to lift the curse from Uma. I don't mind that she does. I know her, I trust her. I can't say the same for Triss, especially because of pretty much what you just said. But there are other people that do.

I guess you could say that the relationship between Geralt&Triss in TW1 and TW2 wasn't so sincere, but I think in TW3 after Geralt regains his full memory, he can see the reason Triss did it (even though it may not be right) and forgive her to have a perfectly loving and sincere relationship.

I mean, if he chooses to forgive her he can see that the only reason she did it was because she loved him and wouldn't have had much of a chance otherwise, there wasn't any malicious or evil intent there (I'm not saying it was right morally).

I mean, if he chooses to forgive her he can see that the only reason she did it was because she loved him and wouldn't have had much of a chance otherwise, there wasn't any malicious or evil intent there (I'm not saying it was right morally).
It wasn't the only reason :\ come on she is loyal to the Lodge and care about her sorceress friends too you can't deny this.

When did it happen? Everything was his own choice, there never was anything like what you say.

There were several moments where he talked to her about how he feels like he had strong feelings for a sorceress, and when he brings her the ring she asks him if he's forgotten "her" then? Like she doesn't even know what amnesia means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom