+

Triss vs Yennefer [NOW WITH SPOILERS. Oh, well.]

• I like triss better

Votes: 269 49.5%
  • i like yen better

Votes: 200 36.8%
  • I like tris better, and from a RP point, I would have to go for yen

Votes: 49 9.0%
  • from a RP point, I'd go with triss aswell.

Votes: 25 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Triss vs Yennefer [NOW WITH SPOILERS. Oh, well.]

who do you like more? I like triss waaaay better (yen i just find to be an untolerable b****) but i feel the need to romance her just because she is yen. I think I'll need to replay to romance triss, if its even possible

edit:
I know its yennefer, not yenni. my bad.

Last edited:
I told them both I love them, and the story properly registered that and had further plot lines related to it, so its a valid option.

For my initial playthrough I went Triss,. 2nd playthrough will be Yen, but I overall can't decided who I would remain permenantly with haha

Even aftert chosing Triss, I still felt bad seeing the conversation dialogue to turn down Yenn./ I imagine it'll be the same on my next playthrough

Last edited:
I like both and went with both on my first run through and got what I deserved... However, if I'm to choose one I'd have to go with Yen.

I wonder if there's an option to go with neither - a separate conclusion from choosing both. I don't know if I have the strength to test this theory out though.

luc0s

Forum veteran
How come Triss is winning the poll? What's up with all these Triss lovers?

Yennefer is Geralt's only true waifu. She's the best.

I always liked the dynamic between Yennefer and Geralt in the books and I'm so happy to see that The Witcher 3 managed to capture that dynamic perfectly. Seeing the Geralt+Yennefer romance unfold is like reading the books all over again, but this time with stunning visuals and voice acting! :D

Don't get me wrong, I like Triss, I do, but Geralt+Yennefer make a much better couple. Triss is too innocent and too sweet for Geralt. That's not what Geralt needs. He needs a strong woman who can tame his inner wolf. Yennefer is that woman.

Triss has a huge advantage over yen, she was there for you from the very beginning of TW1. To make things worse for yen she goes off to skellege as soon as you find her in TW3, so you have no chance to get to know her till much later in game. Thing is, we know yen is very important to Gerald but to us? not a lot and to be honest, I'm having a hard time liking her beyond the aesthetics . Triss all the way, no comparison.

luc0s

Forum veteran
Triss has a huge advantage over yen, she was there for you from the very beginning of TW1. To make things worse for yen she goes off to skellege as soon as you find her in TW3, so you have no chance to get to know her till much later in game. Thing is, we know yen is very important to Gerald but to us? not a lot and to be honest, I'm having a hard time liking her beyond the aesthetics . Triss all the way, no comparison.

This is only true though for the people who played all 3 games but never read the books.

For people who have read the books, Yennefer has the advantage.

For people who never played TW1 and TW2, for those TW3 is their first Witcher game, it's equal.

This is only true though for the people who played all 3 games but never read the books.

Absolutely not. I've read all the books except Season of Storms and still prefer Triss. By a landslide. A massive landslide.

luc0s

Forum veteran
Absolutely not. I've read all the books except Season of Storms and still prefer Triss. By a landslide. A massive landslide.

That's your opinion. And that's not what this was about. Ale666 argued that Triss had the advantage of being there in 3 games while we never saw Yennefer until TW3. I argued that Yennefer had the advantage if you've read the books, as Yennefer has a lot more coverage in the books than Triss and she's Geralt's lover so many book readers consider Yennefer to be the canon romance interest for Geralt.

I always thought Triss was quite boring and slightly annoying in the books. She's equally boring in TW1. But CDPR did a fantastic job with Triss in TW2 and TW3. I liked her in those two games.

Still, Yennefer is Geralt's one and only true love and I play TW3 with that facts in mind, so Yennefer is my romance choice in TW3. The fact that I personally prefer Yen over Triss (by a huge massive landslide) is a nice bonus, but not the primary reason why I choose Yen over Triss.

Last edited:
Still, Yennefer is Geralt's one and only true love .
Sorry, but that is complete BS. It's up to the player who Geralt's love interest. The games are not the novels. They are certainly a factor but a lot has changed since the last book which could impact Geralt's decision.
Not to mentions the "magic bond", if there ever was one, can be broken in the game.

I think if book Geralt made the decision, it would be Yennefer every time. I think the Yennefer playthrough right now tells a better comprehensive main story overall, but does not reflect me.

If I am roleplaying Geralt, I choose Triss. Every time. Without exception.

Remember, Yennefer is not Geralt's one true love. These are RPG games. There is more than one Geralt of Rivia.

For people who never played TW1 and TW2, for those TW3 is their first Witcher game, it's equal.

This is TW3 video game section of the forum is it not? We are discussing the game content , my post is valid for the games only, the books do not interest me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom