+

Triss vs Yennefer [NOW WITH SPOILERS. Oh, well.]

• I like triss better

Votes: 269 49.5%
  • i like yen better

Votes: 200 36.8%
  • I like tris better, and from a RP point, I would have to go for yen

Votes: 49 9.0%
  • from a RP point, I'd go with triss aswell.

Votes: 25 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now your turn Yen folks, post Yen negatives

Can't pick the negatives from the first books cause Sapkowski well wrote about how she had changed. So reminding Istredd or Rinda is just like reminding to general who won the war and brought the peace how did he kill a captive years ago.

So more logical to take post-ciri Yennefer from the books and game Yennefer. Right?

Negatives about post-ciri book Yennefer aka True Yen:

We take the way: Training Ciri > On Thanedd with Geralt > captured by The Lodge > on Skellige > captured by Vilgefortz > rescued by Geralt > with Ciri in The Lodge > sacrifice for Geralt and "death" in Rivia

1) She's too confident. If she wants to do something - she doesn't care about repercussion. Just like she showed Ciri to capitul in Aretuza or was captured by Villy.

that's all XD

2) She’s rude? Not really, she’s trying to be polite with everyone except sorceresses (especially The Lodge), Vilgefortz and co.

3) She’s ready to walk on the skulls? Don’t remember any situation where Yennefer killed someone just because it’s easier.

4) She’s manipulative. Maybe. She says I want this, this and this but also remember Skellige:

‘I need volunteers’ Yennefer said. ‘Only volunteers. No more than necessary to control a dragon boat for a short time. I do not know how many people this requires, I am not familiar with it. But I ask for not one more man than absolutely necessary on the ‘Alcyone'. And I repeat – only volunteers. What I plan is... very risky. Riskier than a sea-battle.’

5) She used Geralt.
Yeah, the whole time only:
Luv you Geralt luv you Geralt oh Geralt ouch Geralt mmmm Geralt save me Geralt you’ve saved me Geralt don’t die Geralt

6) She doesn't care about anyone except Geraltino and Cirilla? Again missed. Enough to remember how she did act at Skellige in TST and how did she act in the game. Compare it. It's really funny and so unlogical. Just look.

What did she try to do in "The Swallow's Tower" on Skellige? Find and save Ciri. How did she act? Tried to arrange with everyone and do not steal anything. Even Freya's priestesses liked her.

What did she try to do in "Wild Hunt" on Skellige? Find and save Ciri. How did she act? Insult almost everyone, every other hates her, destroyed the garden, stole the mask.

Other negatives In the game:

1) She’s too confident again. Beatch. But this time she never fails. It’s even funny.

Mask? Success
Necromancy? Success
Trial of Grasses? Success
Success success success.
:envy::SUCKses!

2) She’s rude? She’s rude. Poor witchers particulary. But damn after that she said: “Sorry Vesemir”.
The only one person she really insulted without reason – Mousesack. Poor granddaddy.

3) She’s ready to walk on the skulls?
How many did she kill in the game:
1. Temerian/Nilfgaardian warriors in intro.
2. Skjall!!!11
2. Random number of Wild Hunt warriors

How many people were put on risk by her? She and Geralt.

4) She’s manipulative.
That’s true. In the game she manipulates enough. It’s annoying but damn, she always has reasons for it. WITCH.

5) She used Geralt.
Of course we don’t have all the time that post-ciri book Yen who just
Luv you Geralt luv you Geralt oh Geralt ouch Geralt mmmm Geralt save me Geralt you’ve saved me Geralt don’t die Geralt

How many times she used him as every typical evil manipulative woman does in the game?
- Vizima. Check the clues and get back to me alive. [MANIPULATION]
-Skellige. Help me to find the mask. [DAMN. STOP MANIPULATE ME]
-Skellige. Help me to find a djinn. (the only time when she really used him). Of course she had to say him at once about what she’s gonna do but I guess she was really afraid to lose Gervant.
-KM. Help me with that, repair this, find this. [DAMN. STOP IT.WOMAN.I SAY]
Real manipulative crow, right?

6) She doesn’t care about anyone except Geraltino and Cirilla.

In the game it’s true. Everything she does only for Ciri, Geralt and herself. Selfish? Yeah but not how it looks for Geralt.

All her negatives are sketchy to be honest. Very sketchy. Geralt never gave a f about shit like this.

Last edited:
Remind pls which one mistake?
-Yen make a mistake for not trusting Ermion with information about Ciri
-Yen make a mistake for not trsuting Geralt's bro about her plan

I have already said my point in the previous post, so i won't repeat here

Some said it is OCC, some said Yen just want to keep people know about Ciri as little as possible. For me, she is just secretive type of person

So, for conclusion
-I think Yennefer need to put her trust in people more (yeah i know it hard rough childhood etc still she need to try :cry:)
-And Yen have said "Patient is nerver my strong suit" herself. So she definitely need to learn it in the future, talk first then act later or should i say.....Hmm this is Triss vs Yen thread.....So plase keep calm and click spoiler tag......and don't kill me please :help:
Triss personal charm :lol:
Another theory, right?)

Who knows maybe when Philippa was 35 y old she was cute as 10 Triss together? We actually have one flashback of her when she was a young girl. So we can build many theories about that.

Yennefer is a mature woman but with girl's dream: She wants a unicornfamily.

The first person who really changed Yennefer is not Ciri.
The first person who really changed Yennefer is Geralt.
And not just changed. Geralt totally broke her unicornview of life.

Ciri is a bridge between Ger's and Yen's coasts. They had a deep lake between and always had to swim to reach each other. Ciri built that bridge. Just like you've said "to make Yen and Geralt relationship grow stronger"

Don't have anything to add....because i agree with you :thumbup:

Common ground that we can agree on...

Now if you want me to post some of what I consider "bad" sides of sides of Triss...
Next, and even though I don't know the particular of that situation to the letter, she should have tried to teleport Geralt to Brokilon again at the end of the saga, instead of just watching him and Yen die.
She was shocked of the event, Yen too, just the way they react to the situation was differently

She should have gone to KM immediately after Geralt asked to go and not spend her time sweet time somewhere until it was time for the battle against the WH.
I see what you did there :lol::evil::popo::devil:

Should have stick around to help Geralt in Novigrad, even he doesn't say those three words.
Well consider she has a bunch of kids (mages) in her care i surprise she return the Geralt and abandon them to their own, while she consider them is important to her just as Eskel Lambert Vesemir to Geralt, hopefully she point out a leader before leaving the ship

Or use 0nakita explanation here: the ship waiting for Triss near the lighthouse, after finish Triss teleport to them and continue travel to Kovir --> after finish the aggrement with Kovir king she start her travel to Kaer Mohen......

Other points, i agree ;)

It would probably take me around two hours to write all her flaws in here. The main problem with this would be that Yennefer is a book character, which is portrayed so badly in the games that even her own daughter didn't recognize her. It's easier to discuss Triss and her flaws in the games, as she doesn't have that many honestly, or at least these with "great" importance. If we were going to discuss books, she still has less personality flaws than Yennefer after all, considering she's mentally damaged. What also makes it not just very hard to compare but also kind of pointless is the difference of content amount. Writing a complete list of Yennefer's personality flaws and mistakes from books and games seems quite impossible to me. You'd just have to read all the books again, starting with The Last Wish.

"The book is the prequel to the game, while the game isn't the sequel to the book.
-You can't talk about the games while ignore book's lore
-You can talk about the book while ignore game's lore"

And i think this forum is about both right ? I already have written 2(3) of Triss biggest mistake which affect people they care about...

So Oh no, won't get out of it that easy. Redemyr asked you a serious question. What do you think is Yen biggest mistake in both games and books which affect people they care about ? :lol:
They have huge reasons to show what the player could chose one or other or no none sorceress, but they haven't make use of them at all. They only seems to take the easy way: godd first impression for one, bad first impression for the other, if the gamer follows the level recomendation, he/her find withthe chloice to say "I love" to one of both before having a quest with the other one.
You gonna surprise when find out how many people romance Yen and understand her. Just remember this forum only have minority of people who play W3. And Reddit, Steam is full of "forbidden word"

To be fair, eventhough the game suppose friendly with newcomer. For me everyone who only play Witcher 3 are basically Jon Snow

@CatchTheBreeze Nice summarize. But all right, i know Yen care about people espically Geralt and Ciri. But can you just simply point out some biggest mistake Yen made in both book and games which...again...affect people she care about.....without the explanation this time, i think i see enough ;)

-
You gonna surprise when find out how many people romance Yen and understand her. Just remember this forum only have minority of people who play W3. And Reddit, Steam is full of "forbidden word"

To be fair, eventhough the game suppose friendly with newcomer. For me everyone who only play Witcher 3 are basically Jon Snow

I'm not surprise that there are people who enjoy all the possibilities of a game before bashing a character. I'm surprised that only one people can bashing some one only by the first impression.

Last edited:
But can you just simply point out some biggest mistake Yen made in both book and games which...again...affect people she care about.

The biggest negative (mistake) of her from the game for me is total mistrust.
She thinks that people don't trust her and that's enough to hide everything.
I know what experience of life made it with her but she doesn't trust anyone except Geralt. It makes too much problems. Even with always positive result.

The biggest negative (mistake) of her from the books for me is too much self-confidence.
Bringing Ciri to Brotherhood of Sorcerers was so bad idea and indirectly started all the shit. Glad she learns from own mistakes.

Last edited:

The problem of the people, at least most, is saying not accepted as Yen is bossy, proud and emancipated. But there comes a partner and puts short reins on them and they come out with their tails between their legs. But the game did not, are all ogres time the average age that does not accept the woman as she is.

The biggest negative (mistake) of her from the game for me is total mistrust.
She thinks that people don't trust her and that's enough to hide everything.
I know what experience of life made it with her but she doesn't trust anyone except Geralt. It makes too much problems. Even with always positive result.

The biggest negative (mistake) of her from the books for me is too much self-confident.
Bringing Ciri to Brotherhood of Sorcerers was so bad idea and indirectly started all the shit. Glad she learns from own mistakes.

You have make a biggest mistake, i will copy and use this one againt all of you :devil:

-Yes, agree with you, clearly she have trust issue .... Hope Geralt and Yen can finally improve this after W3 ending (maybe her patient too :p) <--- Nah i don't consider about "other ending"...yet :evil:

-Bringing Ciri to Brotherhood of Sorcerers was so bad idea and indirectly started all the shit. Glad she learns from own mistakes.
This one in book 2 right ?

Thank for your opinion :thumbsup:

The problem of the people, at least most, is saying not accepted as Yen is bossy, proud and emancipated. But there comes a partner and puts short reins on them and they come out with their tails between their legs. But the game did not, are all ogres time the average age that does not accept the woman as she is.

Sorry but i don't understand exactly what you said

But i think it about: people misunderstand Yen's character ??

Last edited:
You have make a biggest mistake, i will copy and use this one againt all of you :devil:

-Yes, agree with you, clearly she have trust issue .... Hope Geralt and Yen can finally improve this after W3 ending (maybe her patient too :p) <--- Nah i don't consider about "other ending"...yet :evil:

-Bringing Ciri to Brotherhood of Sorcerers was so bad idea and indirectly started all the shit. Glad she learns from own mistakes.
This one in book 2 right ?

Thank for your opinion :thumbsup:

The biggest negative (mistake) of her from the books for me is too much self-confidence.

And is this a prove of selfish, or a desesperate mother who knows that Armed forced, reals ones and legendaries others, who knows there's no spot save for her daughter, so therefor the better place for stay with her, close and protecting is sadly among one of the enemies that she knows? Because the adventage for Yen's reasoning is that nothing is better than having the enemies closer and controlled if you cannot defeat them. Evil people?

@CatchTheBreeze, I've never seen this act as a mistake. A high risk, sure. A mistake, no, really.

Last edited:
And is this a prove of selfish, or a desesperate mother who knows that Armed forced, reals ones and legendaries others, who knows there's no spot save for her daughter, so therefor the better place for stay with her, close and protecting is sadly among one of the enemies that she knows? Because the adventage for Yen's reasoning is that nothing is better than having the enemies closer and controlled if you cannot defeat them. Evil people?
Sorry wichat but i start to think you are obsess with Yen. Because clearly in the post you quote i just say she have trust issue and need to improve her patient. I never said anything about Yen is evil person....
"Time Of Contempt". Read carefully because
too much delicious heat between Geralt and Yen.
strong 18+ content
Thanks :thumbup: And you just discourage me from reading the book :lol:

Sorry wichat but i start to think you are obsess with Yen. Because clearly in the post you quote i just say she have trust issue and need to improve her patient. I never said anything about Yen is evil person....

Thanks :thumbup: And you just discourage me from reading the book :lol:

Sorry, I never take a forum as a chat system. When I post I use to be the most generalist I can do. Evil people is the most soft calificative against Yen's most used in this forum.

If you want rebate my dumb attempt to explain in a nomotherlangue, by saying I'm obsess it doesn't give you more point for being right in your thoughts.

Last edited:
Yennefer trusted in the wisdom of Tissaia because she requested to take the Ciri.

Sssshhh I had to tell something! Or invent.
It's really funny that bookYennefer is too reasonable. TT won't like it.

But anyways it was uncool. It's not only a fail of Yennefer ofc. Tissaia failed too.
Yennefer was careless for that moment, guess cause she's happy that Geralt with her again and she finally has a daughter. (While bloody sorcereses were preparing a conspiracy)

I think Yennefer acted with Ciri like Tissaia acted with her. It's only maternal experience she has.

I've read books but I will always will go for Triss.

I went with Triss in the first two games, I was set on going for her in the 3rd unless CDPR really impressed me with Yen. Since I hadn't read the books at the time, I "knew" Triss, had spent time with her and had an attachment to her. But I knew nothing about Yennefer besides everyone saying how bad she is and how bad the relationship between them was. It felt, as someone who hadn't yet read the books, that it was a new beginning, a way to get out of a damaging relationship, because that's how it was portrayed to me, both in the games, and in community discussions.

However, I did decide to read the books a couple of weeks before The Wild Hunt released. Read from The Last Wish all the way through The Lady of the Lake, many were fan translations as English is the only language I can understand fluently. I ended up falling in love with Yennefer because of it. Her character was so well done and contrary to all the common fantasy romance cliches, that she ended up being an extremely interesting character, and to my surprise I ended up liking her the most out of any of the characters in the books, even Geralt himself, who to my mind started to take a back seat during the saga. While still liking Triss as a friend, she did some things that really surprised me, and made me start to really not like her anymore. It was a surprising eye-opening 180 for me. Triss in contrast, fits all the stereotypical fantasy romance cliches, at least how she's portrayed in the games, which I also don't feel match up very well to the Triss we know from the books. The prologue scene with her in The Witcher 2 is a prime example of the cliche at work. The game outright introduces her to you as the easy lay, the person who just wants to be with you, like a prize. Rather than really seeming like her own complicated person. It's common, it's simple, and maybe that's why people like it.

Now as a result, I can't imagine not going for Yennefer, every time, despite how CDPR chose to portray her.

Last edited:
However, I did decide to read the books a couple of weeks before The Wild Hunt released. Read from The Last Wish all the way through The Lady of the Lake, many were fan tr

I really like the Triss, but Yen is more humanized, where his faults are remarkable characteristics, leaving a more unique character. And really feel Triss as a stereotype character other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom