+

Triss vs Yennefer [NOW WITH SPOILERS. Oh, well.]

• I like triss better

Votes: 269 49.5%
  • i like yen better

Votes: 200 36.8%
  • I like tris better, and from a RP point, I would have to go for yen

Votes: 49 9.0%
  • from a RP point, I'd go with triss aswell.

Votes: 25 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The light of the Eternal Fire will protect him.

None can outsmart bullets Ravodid!!!11!!

Especially not some pleb that would think I practice black death magic because his mind cant comprehend the power of 5.45x39 traveling to him, going through his armored guard like through butter(fantasy low quality pleb steel), then his own armor and fracturing in his rib-cage :p :D :D :D

Last edited:
What's funny is wake up one dead body can not (Yen).

But torture and kill someone in cold blood can (Triss).
Yes, Triss tortured and murdered the noble spy who was helping Radovid cleanse the souls of the mage heretics.

An irredeemable act, he will be avenged. Never forgive, never forget.
But we consider that most of the players do not read the books, so Triss wins the majority

I've read books but I will always will go for Triss.

This! I have read all the books and frankly this was pretty much the only thing I really could not get - why the hell did Geralt get entagled with Yen, who is a cold, manipulative b*tch who obviously got some serious issues with herself (with her background and all - inside she is still the ugly one) and just uses him as she sees fit. In real life, she is the type who would ruin your life. True, there are men in real life, good men, who fall for these types of women. But Geralt? Isn't his life already complicated enough? So, it was actually a nice surprise for me in W1 that Yen is missing, Geralt has amnesia (which means he no longer is under the Last Wish spell, which was imho some kind of self-induced hypnotic suggestion) and has a chance for a new life. Free again and free to reshape his life for the better.

Yen is like the prom queen, the queen b*tch that you fall over and hope for the best, but in fact you get hell on earth instead. Triss is kinda the girl next doors, but she is the real deal. I think that her continuing friendship and concern for Geralt in the books attest to the her genuine love for him, as well as for Yen (who does not deserve this sentiment in the slightest).

So I am glad that Geralt can now genuinely decide who he loves according to each one of us. There are Yen fans, well, cool, their Geralt gets down with Yen again (although that is not something I would wish even on Eredin). There are Triss fans, me including, obviously, and their Geralt gets finally girl who genuinely cares for him. Sure, it would be great if CDPR got romancible Shani back in an Expansion, but I never saw her as anything than a side flirt. She too has a lot of fans, though, and she is ok as a personality as well.

I hope that for EE CDPR will expand the Triss content a bit as it is very underwhelming and after W1 and W2 Triss romance path CDPR seems to nudge players in the direction of Yen in W3. Triss deserves more screen time in W3, for sure.

Last edited:
why the hell did Geralt get entagled with Yen, who is a cold, manipulative b*tch who obviously got some serious issues with herself (with her background and all - inside she is still the ugly one) and just uses him as she sees fit.
I am totally #teamTriss, I will always choose Triss for Geralt in games.
But I would never say that Yen is cold and so on, I don't won't repeat it.
Have You seen in books how much she loves Ciri? How she loves Geralt, for me at first there wasn't love from first sign, there was Yens controlling spell, than Djinns spell and that how started obsession with Yen. But in "Time of Contempt" there is love between them.
And while Vilgefortz was torturing her she was thinking only for one who is so much means to her as Ciri - Geralt, only thinking about him she manages to stay alive and not get crazy.
I love them both Yen and Triss, but Triss more, thats why I will always choose Triss in games, not because Yen is what You've wrote.
All above is totally IMO. :faith:

Last edited:
his! I have read all the books and frankly this was pretty much the only thing I really could not get - why the hell did Geralt get entagled with Yen, who is a cold, manipulative b*tch who obviously got some serious issues with herself (with her background and all - inside she is still the ugly one) and just uses him as she sees fit. In real life, she is the type who would ruin your life. True, there are men in real life, good men, who fall for these types of women. But Geralt? Isn't his life already complicated enough? So, it was actually a nice surprise for me in W1 that Yen is missing, Geralt has amnesia (which means he no longer is under the Last Wish spell, which was imho some kind of self-induced hypnotic suggestion) and has a chance for a new life. Free again and free to reshape his life for the better.

Yen is like the prom queen, the queen b*tch that you fall over and hope for the best, but in fact you get hell on earth instead. Triss is kinda the girl next doors, but she is the real deal. I think that her continuing friendship and concern for Geralt in the books attest to the her genuine love for him, as well as for Yen (who does not deserve this sentiment in the slightest).

Please, do not generalize this to all from #teamTriss.

I do not ;).

I know they are plenty of you who respect the lore and the books and that you would not make your own retcon and distortions of what's written just to justify your games choices ;).

Last edited:
Have You seen in books how much she loves Ciri? How she loves Geralt, for me at first there wasn't love from first sign, there was Yens controlling spell, than Djinns spell and that how started obsession with Yen. But in "Time of Contempt" there is love between them.

In the books Yen struck me as someone who is not able to relate to other humans as human beings, but as tools or things. Throughout much of the books she uses Geralt more as a tool or treats him as an ordinary thing but she eventually comes to love him as a precious thing, thing she enjoys and does not want to loose (nor share). I guess it may be called love, in a way, it is just not the kind of love I would wish for Geralt. To put it through the Offspring songs, Yen "she's got issues" and Geralt, as far as she is concerned, "got no self-esteem". Not good, for a Witcher.

did you play TW1 after Reading the books?
Yep, the whole series (apart from the latest pre-quel, obviously) was published here during the 1990's. I was really glad that in W1 Geralt has the possibility to start anew, without this "Last Wish" self-destructive non-sense. And I am glad that CDPR did not forced us in W3 into Yen romance exclusively, just to play it "by the books". Sure, we are nudged in that direction, Triss' screen time is kinda limited, but she is there and Geralt has not only the option to choose either Yen or Triss, he can also remain alone. Why not? And while I am not a fan of Shani, as some of us here, I still hope CDPR will bring her back as a romantic option in the coming Expansion.

This! I have read all the books and frankly this was pretty much the only thing I really could not get - why the hell did Geralt get entagled with Yen, who is a cold, manipulative b*tch who obviously got some serious issues with herself (with her background and all - inside she is still the ugly one) and just uses him as she sees fit. In real life, she is the type who would ruin your life. True, there are men in real life, good men, who fall for these types of women. But Geralt? Isn't his life already complicated enough?

This are dark-fantasy books and not some 'find perfect cuple' sh*t.
You should not read things you don't get.

I guess it may be called love, in a way, it is just not the kind of love I would wish for Geralt. To put it through the Offspring songs, Yen "she's got issues" and Geralt, as far as she is concerned, "got no self-esteem". Not good, for a Witcher.

Geralt is a witcher, even if he's in love, theoreticlly witchers don't really saddle dawn and die in their beds. Even if you wouldn't wish this kind of love for him, it is what he wants.

This are dark-fantasy books and not some 'find perfect cuple' sh*t.
You should not read things you don't get.

Get back to "Lady of the Lake" ending and you will see that it is exactly the "find perfect cuple' sh*t". It is just that some of us are glad that we can re-write it, for our personal Witcher "canon" in W1-W3, because we had different understanding of it all than Yen fanboys.

As far as "book-canon" is concerned, I get it. I get it that Geralt is drawn to Yen for various reasons. Things like this happen in RL all the time. I guess it is another "reality" factor in Sapkowski's opus. I am cool with that. But I am glad we can change it in the Witcher Trilogy, because our understanding of what is "lesser evil" is different.

Some of you know the reason Yen's topic got locked yesterday is because of "Our opinions are more valid than any other players' opinions" posts right ?

This! Guys, we are all dealing with our opinions and our reading of the books. It is down to personal hermeneutics of how we understand the books, Yen romance included.

Some of you like the kind of women Yen represents. Cool for you. Some of us like Triss type more. Cool for us. Some like Shani (although given her "screen time" in books this rather concerns W1 Shani, but whatever). Cool for them. So everybody be cool, ok?

What happen's if you refuse both? Do you get a special ending or any different dialogue or does the game treat you like if you romanced both? (without the "threesome")

I thought that you did not get it, as you pointed out. Nevermind.

Let me put it clearly - "I get it that Geralt is drawn to Yen for various reasons." BUT "I really could not get - why the hell did Geralt get entagled with Yen." In other words - I get that something happened as the author wrote it, including some of the reasons. I do not get the "why" of it - there is no sense to it, imho. It is like Sapkowski wanted Geralt to get entagled with Yen, as she is in a sense a human match to the monsters he hunts. His life was not meant to be easy, relationships included. So I get it here, as what might have been the author's intention. It does not change the fact that given appropriate circumstances it does not have to be so. I am glad that Mr. Sapkowski gave CDPR the freedom to pursue other paths and options as well (he could have adamantly set the book canon as the only permitted one, yet he did not - granted it is because he apparently considers the book universe and the game universe to be different).

You know, we all like certain parts of the series more and some less. Some parts make to us more sense, some less. Sometimes the books cross from the "dark fantasy" setting into a sort of parody setting. I love the books, I love the characters. Yen included. She is wonderfully written and fleshed out. There is no question about it. It is just the destructive and manipulative sort of woman you better steer clear of. But that is just my reading of it. Yours might differ. It seems though like for some out there the notion of hermeneutics and of different levels of text and textual understanding is alien. We may read the same text, though the way we read it and understand it differs. On the most basic level this means that we may root for different characters, find different parts of texts enthralling or boring and we may interpret the whole differently. Is that so surprising?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom