+

Triss vs Yennefer [NOW WITH SPOILERS. Oh, well.]

• I like triss better

Votes: 269 49.5%
  • i like yen better

Votes: 200 36.8%
  • I like tris better, and from a RP point, I would have to go for yen

Votes: 49 9.0%
  • from a RP point, I'd go with triss aswell.

Votes: 25 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Games then, Geralt was never in a relationship with Triss for me. Except when I was forced to in TW2 beginning...

Books books books books! The games are not the books, everything in the games including the history interpretation of the books is not 100% canon. And the moment player choice came into question in The Witcher 1, Geralt stopped being "just" book Geralt.
I fully agree with you in games it's not Geralt choice (except W2 start) it's a player choice.

Games then, Geralt was never in a relationship with Triss for me. Except when I was forced to in TW2 beginning...
For You - yes, for me Geralt&Triss was in relationship.
In games Geralt can be as player want it and I like it!

I fully agree with you in games it's not Geralt choice (except W2 start) it's a player choice.

True, though CDPR kinda did the same with tw3 when it comes to romancing triss, so they evened it out at least

@Gennad86

I would say from the start of tw2 to the middle of act 1.

Last edited:
To riff off of a discussion in another thread, I suppose it's time once again for THE TALE OF THE TAPE!

Today we'll compare and contrast how these characters deal with failed relationships.

Yennefer of Vengerberg

Breakup Occurs When: The player chooses the split in TW3 after completing a quest to sever the magic bond between her and Geralt.

Her Response: Destroys some of the communal property shared by Geralt and his friends. Teleports Geralt into a lake if he attempts to defend his actions. Threatens to kill Geralt if he is unapologetic after the teleport. Afterward, drops the issue entirely and gets down to business.

------------------------

Triss Merigold

Breakup Occurs When: It happens off-screen between TW2 and TW3. The exact reasons for this are left up to the player.

Her Response: Mopes around like a sad puppy. Gets blitzed at a party and tries to get Geralt to chase her into a hedge maze. Ultimately, she says goodbye and thanks him for helping her.

------

Advantage: ?

Once again, I will let the thread readers score this one. If you feel that Yennefer should be awarded the good girl point (and apparently, some do!), thank me for this post. If you support Triss, RED point me.

*ducks*

Her Response: Destroys some of the communal property shared by Geralt and his friends. Teleports Geralt into a lake if he attempts to defend his actions. Threatens to kill Geralt if he is unapologetic after the teleport.
Has nothing to do with break up with her in W3. All this will happen if you don't choose Triss. Be more careful next time :)

@OutgoingHermit

That duck might be needed

Sorry, on phone and cannot give points but I will try and remember to do so

@ajiehb

Question; while she does toss out the bed either way, I thought her getting mad and sending him to the lake was a result of the breakup. Doesnt whole conversation plays out differently depending on whether or not you break it off?

Last edited:
Question; while she does toss out the bed either way, I thought her getting mad and sending him to the lake was a result of the breakup. Doesnt whole conversation plays out differently depending on whether or not you break it off?
No. She is mad because of his books affair with Triss. If you refuse to appoligize she will send you to the lake.

No. She is mad because of his books affair with Triss. If you refuse to appoligize she will send you to the lake.

Below will be the two different conversations with her

Note: not my videos lol

[video]https://youtu.be/IIO_l7Cy6Ks?t=2m26s[/video]

That is the conversation that takes place if you choose to have Geralt continue his romance with Yennefer. While she is a bit upset, she is more understanding.

[video]https://youtu.be/5zkdHgYD83c?t=46s[/video]

And that is the conversation that takes place if you have Geralt romance Triss and break up with Yenn. Though you might not need to romance Triss I suppose

Her attitude changes depending on what you choose during "the last wish".

When i played and had geralt romance yenn or attempt to get both triss and yenn, i got the first version. But I only ever got the second if I had him leave yenn
Considering she brings up the amnesia herself, i doubt it has anything to do with the books, but the 1st game. I could be wrong on that though.

Edit: I never actually said it depended on if you romanced Triss ( if the comment below is suppose to be addressing this somehow ) but whether or not you break it off with Yenn.

Last edited:
The lake throw? No, it happens even if you tell Triss to screw off.

It's a very funny scene, easily one of my favorites in the game, but the idea that this is somehow the justified action of a stable, well-adjusted individual is... also funny.
From Yennefer thread

According the official site: http://www.thewitcher.com/

They got it right again

@Gilthoniel

Agreed, though I suppose when you say "they got it right again" you aren't referring to the forced Triss romance in TW2 :whistle:

But yeah, all about choice. kinda. Pay for it, find new love or stick with the old, up to you and each offer a interesting experience worth playing. well not the first one, but that is my opinon

oh and there was keira and a few other woman along the way but that was "friends with benefits" not really romance. Though I suppose some might say the same about brothels, but you pay them to love you. so kinda a romance

anywho...

According the official site: http://www.thewitcher.com/

They got it right again

Before that though, the page associates romance with :faith:

and in this trailer, following your heart again means: (4:09)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdHc3JZixRY

Also the text you quoted was one (albeit minor) thing that was posted in the old thread regarding the inconsistencies, about how the choice is in the game but the text there doesn't reflect it.... something like what

But yeah, all about choice. kinda. Pay for it, find new love or stick with the old, up to you and each offer a interesting experience worth playing. well not the first one, but that is my opinon

wrote is what should have been there, stick with with your old flame, kindle a new one or just be a wallet warrior...

Incidentally, the trilogy, taken as a whole, only allows Geralt to be faithful to only one woman...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom