+

Triss vs Yennefer [NOW WITH SPOILERS. Oh, well.]

• I like triss better

Votes: 269 49.5%
  • i like yen better

Votes: 200 36.8%
  • I like tris better, and from a RP point, I would have to go for yen

Votes: 49 9.0%
  • from a RP point, I'd go with triss aswell.

Votes: 25 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At that point in the game, I thought the only thing Yen deserved was being dumped on that silly mountain top and left with a short message by a Xenogloss:

It's over.
XOXO Geralt

Anyway, I just hate the way you put on silk gloves when around Yen, unlike Triss, who you can talk to being at the same level.
Just headcanon that Geralt accepts her behaviour, because arguing with her would just distract him from his goal to find his daughter.
I doubt CDP will give us more options to roleplay Geralt different when he interacts with Yennefer.

Last edited:
That's just the relationship between the two characters; Geralt is extremely submissive toward Yennefer.

Is this for reasons or is it just the dynamic of their personalities? I think the writers of the game believe it's the former, and people have pretty strongly split opinions on that, from what I've seen.

Fringie is gorgeous
:yes

Oh, it was you...I was trying to recollect who posted this in Yenn thread...Sorry and thanks
No need for sorry, it`s there for people to use it it was just fun to mess up a little cuz that thing with Sapowski picture , judging me and doing the same thing :laughing: and you have another one in lodge thread if you want her

NO BOOKS REFERENCE. ONLY GAMES INFO.

Freedom of choice:
TW2, Triss in your bed... follow the red line.
TW3, Triss admit tacking adventage from amnesia's lacks. Geralt ALREADY forgive her, no matter is the player do no want do it............ Red Door is open for direct romance.
Second option: Icile black hair intruder unknown

Freedom of choice, specially in TW3 doesn't exist. For having a freedom of choice player mus have in hand two equal decisions in security and risk. Triss' option is moree secure than Yennefer. Yennefer is a high risk to taking which doesn't tempt the majority of players. Geralt has no troubles for chose, there's no challenge between the two options, there is NO the SAME challenge, no doubts for clicking in dialogues, there is no dialogues showing this morale chalenge, this pain inside, there's no prove that GEralt loves in equal intensity both women, there's no mention how hard for GEralt is losing one of both women.

There is no freedom of choice. There's a 90% of possiblity that the player chose Triss and a 10% that he/her chose Yennefer. This is not freedom of choice.

Last edited:
Freedom of choice:
TW3, Triss admit tacking adventage from amnesia's lacks. Geralt ALREADY forgive her, no matter is the player do no want do it............ Red Door is open for direct romance.

Freedom of choice, specially in TW3 doesn't exist

Fair enough.
Freedom of choice sometimes "limps".

NO BOOKS REFERENCE. ONLY GAMES INFO.

Freedom of choice:

Freedom of choice, specially in TW3 doesn't exist. For having a freedom of choice player mus have in hand two equal decisions in security and risk. Triss' option is moree secure than Yennefer. Yennefer is a high risk to taking which doesn't tempt the majority of players. Geralt has no troubles for chose, there's no challenge between the two options, there is NO the SAME challenge, no doubts for clicking in dialogues, there is no dialogues showing this morale chalenge, this pain inside, there's no prove that GEralt loves in equal intensity both women, there's no mention how hard for GEralt is losing one of both women.

There is no freedom of choice. There's a 90% of possiblity that the player chose Triss and a 10% that he/her chose Yennefer. This is not freedom of choice.

Simply not true. The narrative whacks the player over the head with the past Yen relationship, including in TW2.

Freedom of choice:

Freedom of choice, specially in TW3 doesn't exist
Right on :victory:It actually really irritates me that I cant say anything about this to Triss. Geralt just brushes it off in banter. If I could fix one thing between Triss and Geralts interactions it would be this. No, no Triss its fine to take advantage of me, I was always inlove with you anyway. Always.
I probably wouldnt feel so antagonistic towards her if I could say something about it one way or another. But nope. First she gets Geralt at a moment of weakness takes advantage of him "with a little help from magic" all is over and done with, moved on..or has it...she takes advantage of him AGAIN with his amnesia (I see a pattern emerging) and never has to answer for it???? FFS. And Yennefer is the sly, untrustworthy one. MMhm. But that gripe has probably been told a thousand times. Not as important as talking about squishy lovey things though so....I love the universe, the dev team, Geralt and most of the characters but when they miss the mark (because the game is so amazing) its really glaring

Okay, let's see.
1) Those who read books and played games before already have an opinion of both and would choose independently of how the game represents Yen and Triss.
2) Those who only played games have a complete opinion of Triss and they know that Yen used to be Geralt's love for long. If they are Triss fans already - they would most probably choose Triss. If they aren't or they doubt - the game heavily implies you should choose Yennefer. The dream about her and Ciri in the very beginning, in Vyzima she already talks to Geralt like she would do with her lover, then comes Priscilla's song and a lot of tips on Skellige, Kaer Morhen etc (though Skelllige and further might be already too late to choose). If they chose Triss on their first playthrough, they will most likely try Yennefer on their second playthrough.
3) Those who didn't play games either would choose according to their first impression of both. Still, their opinion would be affected by a lot of tips about choosing Yennefer. In fact, only Dijkstra acknowledges Triss and Geralt as lovers, while there are a lot more implications about Geralt and Yennefer.

I talked to my friends about this a bit. My personal experience says this:
2 persons (including me) read books, played games, chose Triss, 2 read books, played games, chose Yen.
2 only played games, one of them chose Triss, the other - Yennefer.
3 only played TW3, all of them chose Yennefer.

It's not representative, but still shows something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom