Troublesome Neighbors side SIDE quest....

+
So a buncha new content opened up this patch and absolutely nobody is talking about it. Because why would they? There's actual new quests in the game now, even new areas and NOBODY seems to have noticed. Fine, whatever.

At the Troublesome Neighbors quest there is a new "side" quest it seems like. Has all the parts of one but... eh?

If you just killed the chick and walked away you wouldn't notice but it seems as though the "front door" of the quest is locked. Gotta hop through a window. When you scan the door you find something out. It's unpowered. Then you scan other stuff and find out virtually everything is "unpowered".

Oh, and there's a bunch of sparks in electrical equipment. And there's a new electrician guy in a new area that wasn't previously opened up.

So it certainly SMELLS like a new quest but I feel like I'm missing a critical component needed to complete it..

Any tips?

Oh, and the whole building is or was under a miitech lockdown so severe that *summary execution* was on the table for anyone who didn't comply.

Last edited:
So a buncha new content opened up this patch and absolutely nobody is talking about it. Because why would they? There's actual new quests in the game now, even new areas and NOBODY seems to have noticed. Fine, whatever.

At the Troublesome Neighbors quest there is a new "side" quest it seems like. Has all the parts of one but... eh?

If you just killed the chick and walked away you wouldn't notice but it seems as though the "front door" of the quest is locked. Gotta hop through a window. When you scan the door you find something out. It's unpowered. Then you scan other stuff and find out virtually everything is "unpowered".

Oh, and there's a bunch of sparks in electrical equipment. And there's a new electrician guy in a new area that wasn't previously opened up.

So it certainly SMELLS like a new quest but I feel like I'm missing a critical component needed to complete it..

Any tips?

Oh, and the whole building is or was under a miitech lockdown so severe that *summary execution* was on the table for anyone who didn't comply.
The door is here since day one, but I don't know since when, but there is a "quest" icon in the building near it (where you can access to one room at upstair). I have never find a way to "loot" it.

Nah nah nah, look around a bit more friend... This dude is new. The area around him is wildly different.

Attachments

• photomode_18082021_190020.png
    photomode_18082021_190020.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 90
Nah nah nah, look around a bit more friend... This dude is new. The area around him is wildly different.
Yep, but the door was here before ;)
I didn't go even there for now. But I believe you "my friend...", there is something in preparation in this area for sure. There was already an unreachebale quest item in the building near it :)

You talking about in the little shop behind the number panel? You could totally use that to get in the building.

I'm talking about the building in front of the "girl" desk (where the loot and the computer are).
Just next to the access point in height. If you stand with access point on your right, the small courtyard on the rigth, it's the building right in front of you. Before (I don't know in 1.3), all the doors are "unpowered" and there is an unreachable quest item somewhere in the building.
But I will go see myself, maybe I'm wrong and they remove the quest item :)

You could get in that building before. You deactivate the number pad door, and then go up and around.

Now, if you look around in that general area you'll find a new "shop". Can't buy anything but you can get into it. It's a kind of repair shop.

I went to see it :)
So before, even with "unpowered" doors, all the shutters were locked. So impossible to enter.
So now (big changes), doors are always "unpowered", but shutters are openable. You can get in two buildings now even with the closed doors :)
But the quest item remain inaccessible and just above the access point. In front of me on the third screenshot of the building... (Unless I missed something).

The "new" shop with the dude inside (two shutters openable around the entrance and one "body" locked. Plus one directly opened on upstair).
7c698123-0f7d-4ddc-b1d5-af0ccf551b29.PNG67f2295f-516f-4bd8-b98a-8a3c8cd03cd1.PNGc2f22173-1764-4a1c-ae50-ffc1018b9c5e.PNG
The building I was talking about. Doors also locked, but shutters are openable :)
d13928cc-3dae-43b0-92c1-f5f62cb497dd.PNG80ff319b-ffd4-4ba1-a399-ec7548304b10.PNG8857655a-8500-49e7-9dad-abe5fe67a9e7.PNG

The door is here since day one, but I don't know since when, but there is a "quest" icon in the building near it (where you can access to one room at upstair). I have never find a way to "loot" it.
I also recently did Troublesome Neighbors and also noticed the quest icon in that tall building facing that pachinko parlor. I tried everything, hover jumped all over the place and couldn't figure it out. Thought maybe it was a hidden gem but that doesn't seem to be the case either. I went to the rooftop and up on the highway to look, but then it appears the marker is showing it's lower. Weird. Might just be a bug like the old elusive access points at the Afterlife and The Hunt (Randy's room)

I also recently did Troublesome Neighbors and also noticed the quest icon in that tall building facing that pachinko parlor. I tried everything, hover jumped all over the place and couldn't figure it out. Thought maybe it was a hidden gem but that doesn't seem to be the case either. I went to the rooftop and up on the highway to look, but then it appears the marker is showing it's lower. Weird. Might just be a bug like the old elusive access points at the Afterlife and The Hunt (Randy's room)
Yep, if there is a way to acces it, I really don't know where (I think I have try everywhere...). For me, it's in a room in the building where you can access now in 1.3 (just above the access point). But the door is locked :(

At the AfterLife, you talk about the access point behind the bar ?
If yes, you can access it, but in one ending only ;)

For the hunt, it's under Randy's bungalow (where you sleep) ?
If yes, yep it's under the ground... They are few like that. One under the ground during Dream On (where you fight Maelstromers), one also under the ground during Chippin'in (when you enter in the area by the container).

Yep, if there is a way to acces it, I really don't know where (I think I have try everywhere...). For me, it's in a room in the building where you can access now in 1.3 (just above the access point). But the door is locked :(
did you also notice there's a lootable container in the building closest to the street? It's the same one that has the access point up above on the balcony level. On the ground floor, the windows and doors are all closed but you can see the container inside it. :shrug:

At least in that building with the marker, there is some lootable items in the basement and on the rooftop. You're right - you can't open those doors inside that building tho

Top Bottom