True human

+
Is it possible to complete the game without implants?
Will Achievement be for it (Steam, GOG, EG opss... there are no achievements)?
How will the characters react to the absence of implants in the main character?
What will happen to this connected cable?

This can be a good example of game replayability and new experience. Special for lovers of complexity.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 495
I think NPCs, and real people, will react strangely if you haven't taken advantage of a world that offers one a chance to become a cyber-mantis love machine in a city so full of iniquity it puts Sodom and Gomorrah to shame.

In the Mateusz Tomaskiewicz interview by YongYea, this question was asked and first the dev said yes; then Yong pointed out the Johnny issue and the dev clarified that the cybermods you get at the prologue (the kiroshi cybereye and the grip) are the only ones that are obligatory. Apparently you have the slot for the mysterious chip already.

ps. I doubt there will be an achievement for it..

I think it's more of an "advantages vs disadvantages" thing. Cyberware does give you "inbuilt" advantages, but take it to far it becomes more of a liability. As seen in the E3 trailer the mantis blades allowed 'V' to slice-n-dice the thug but made him vulnerable to T-Bugs hacking.

It would be neat if the game could actually be played through without any implants at all, and the game and the NPC's actually reacted to the player as a freak for it (some might not even talk to the player, some others might be very wary of him, and certain people would only talk to a pure human...). Possibilities.........

It could potentially require some pretty ingenious and unique and interesting approaches socially and where you'd normally that jack into something, or required other forms of implants.

Without any implants we would not be able to see Mr Silverhand or be a part of the chip of immortality shenanigan. As such minimalist play through would be more an option.

It would be neat if the game could actually be played through without any implants at all, and the game and the NPC's actually reacted to the player as a freak for it (some might not even talk to the player, some others might be very wary of him, and certain people would only talk to a pure human...). Possibilities.........

It could potentially require some pretty ingenious and unique and interesting approaches socially and where you'd normally that jack into something, or required other forms of implants.

As Nuru said, certain cyberware is required for plot purposes. You cannot see a virtual person like Johnny Silverhand without having a cybereye for example.

I don't know what will be possible, but I would like to try to stay as genuine as possible, so minimum cyber thing.

Such an option would be nice.
I, for my part, go along the idea "Go Big or Go Extinct", so. Cyberware, I want them all! :)

I think NPCs, and real people, will react strangely if you haven't taken advantage of a world that offers one a chance to become a cyber-mantis love machine in a city so full of iniquity it puts Sodom and Gomorrah to shame.

Nope, cause in C2020 universe it's known that Cyberware is bad for your mental Health.
Just a quick example with what we saw in the first demo: Considering V as max empathy stat for start, meaning also max humanity, with the few cyberware she have the has already lost a average of 31 humanity meaning she already lost about one third of her humanity and a third of her empthic abilities.

Nope, cause in C2020 universe it's known that Cyberware is bad for your mental Health.
Just a quick example with what we saw in the first demo: Considering V as max empathy stat for start, meaning also max humanity, with the few cyberware she have the has already lost a average of 31 humanity meaning she already lost about one third of her humanity and a third of her empthic abilities.

Was it seen that max humanity is 100 or are you assuming?

If things will go like in Shadowrun, it would be possible to get "better quality" augs that would cost less humanity, but be installed in the same slots. Ie. at first you get cheaper and worse stuff that costs a lot of humanity and isn't all that good. Later on you would get better stuff and it would reverse: cost less and give more.

I feel as though they should make the mission to go to the ripper doc optional.
When you start the game before seeing Victor you're able to jack into ports, use shards and see information in your eyes. BASIC STUFF. No advantages whatsoever.

When you go to Victors you get magnified vision, a scanner (allowing you to see enemy levels) and a hand implant allowing you to see weapon data. This entire mission should be optional.

Seriously -- ports I see as necessary, but it would be nice to be able to play the game without magnified vision, a scanner (you'd have to use your IRL brain to determine how dangerous enemies are), and without weapon data. Since you don't have any advantages, you could play a true non enhanced playthrough

BTW, since you can already see Data on your cornea (like Biomonitor information when saving the woman with Jackie) that means you'd be able to see Johnny without the Kiroshi upgrade too.

I guess I just want this game to be as repayable as possible. Pure human games, non lethal games, all of these just add to the replay-ability of the game. Besides, E3 2018 they said definitively you couldn't beat the game without killing anyone. The fans changed their mind by giving them feedback. Maybe they'll make the Victor level optional too.

Guest 4211861

well at least an implant to make my breath minty fresh all the time

and one to remind me of my appointment, tired of lugging that phone around

The mandatory implants are here to help the player "see" the UI so it makes sense for the gameplay. I don't know about the other implants though, and if possible I'd like to see how it goes if we never get augmented, and the reverse situation where you are 99% cyborg (and one USB port close to break into cyber psychosis).

Plus, CP77 is this kinda game, it's meant to be played using chips and augs, getting better clothing to max out Street Cred, performing (variably) in the classes, one of them (at least) including weapons expertise. Even though it's been confirmed that you can always decide to never pull the trigger on someone if you want. So it's not crazy to imagine that you may stay un-augmented (except the UI stuff), clothed like what general opinion take for "hobo cred", never touch a gun in your playthrough. Make your own story.

The mandatory implants are here to help the player "see" the UI so it makes sense for the gameplay.

AR goggles can also do the trick without making you less human, just like it does in for other settings like Infinity RPG or Shadowrun.

Plus, CP77 is this kinda game, it's meant to be played using chips and augs.

While C2020 is a setting where getting augmented is the same kind of choice as being a drug addict: a choice with dire conscequences that many does because of the dystopian setting.

Sure thing ! Sorry I didn't mean to influence ppl on how they want to play the game. Just said that this is the definition of this game. And the game mechanics will be so that we will enjoy a various kind of settings and players should feel like this is their own experience for the biggest part.

From Yong video they say eye implant and subdermal grip are mandatory, i think that they already force to much cyberware on player , fine that jack in your hand is need and chip slot in your neck all have that, but why would i want subdermal grip if i plan to make melee build for example? or why to put cyber eyes if high tech goggles exist who can do same thing?

Cyberpsychosis would be nice part of the game for player, sure put more cyberware but you get more and more like a machine cold and emotionless, you get better bonuses but you get a lot of negative stuff and if you go to far, you lose your mind, also from Yong video when they talk about customization it sound like they throw away Cyberpsychosis so that player can switch to many parts of body for look and fun.

Top Bottom