True human

+
From Yong video they say eye implant and subdermal grip are mandatory, i think that they already force to much cyberware on player , fine that jack in your hand is need and chip slot in your neck all have that, but why would i want subdermal grip if i plan to make melee build for example? or why to put cyber eyes if high tech goggles exist who can do same thing?

Cyberpsychosis would be nice part of the game for player, sure put more cyberware but you get more and more like a machine cold and emotionless, you get better bonuses but you get a lot of negative stuff and if you go to far, you lose your mind, also from Yong video when they talk about customization it sound like they throw away Cyberpsychosis so that player can switch to many parts of body for look and fun.

The eye implants are mandatory because they explain why you have a HUD in combat. The HUD is supposed to be what V is actually seeing while in shootouts.

I'm not as sure why the sub-dermal grips are mandatory, but presumably there is a reason as well. I'm willing to wait-and-see at least, but then I also wasn't planning on a fully human V.

I'm not as sure why the sub-dermal grips are mandatory, but presumably there is a reason as well.

Personally my bet is on an simple oversight, thinking that due to the game shooter focus everyone will use guns (for example, think about how things are written during "active scene system". There's a lot of "gun this" and "gun that" instead of other attack options. So that's about it: V is officially a gun user, even if you don't use them during actual fights, just as V is officially a mercenary and so on).

Perhaps they though people would not care?

Either way, what would be nice at least is not having humanity loss for imposed cyberware.
Post automatically merged:

The eye implants are mandatory because they explain why you have a HUD in combat. The HUD is supposed to be what V is actually seeing while in shootouts.

AR goggles?

It would have been awesome if the whole range was available to the player, from a natural and unmodded human to a complete cyberpsycho breakdown (resulting in unique ending?) but alas. I'm sure the game will still be awesome though.

Imagine you're one of the mission givers, looking for a merc, cause you need someone to do some dirty work involving cybernetically enhanced thugs.
Would you pick:

A. The weak and slow human meat-bag without any cyberware, who looks like he gets a bullet between the eyes before he can even think to aim his gun.
or
B. The strong and fast metal samurai, fully enhanced, who looks like he delivers bullets between several pairs of eyes as a mere warmup.

Please cue the jeopardy theme...

That depends, human without cyberware can also do good job, he will use different skill and approach to his target.

Unless we are talking about infiltrating an anti-cyberwear group, there is not really any skill or approach that augments can't enhance.

Like in the Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer; when jobs are scarce, why hire a forklift operator, when you can hire a guy who can just lift things with cyber-arms?

Most "normal" people have minimal cyberware, probably a chip socket (as we saw behind "V's" ear) and an interface plug (as seen on "V's" wrist). Non-noob street gangsters and anyone approaching "middle-class" (which since most people in Night City are dirt poor sorta makes them "upper-class") will have cyberware relative to their occupation and a certain amount of utility and fashionware. Corpos and "professionals" (medical personnel, techies, edgerunners, etc.) will have pretty much whatever they can afford and desire.

While Night City is a dangerous place even in the slums it's not like you get into a gun battle every other day (remember, you only get to lose once) so while sidearms are commonplace longarms and body armor are not, because people just don't like to wear uncomfortable armor and carry bulky weapons they might need once a month.

Last edited:
Imagine you're one of the mission givers, looking for a merc, cause you need someone to do some dirty work involving cybernetically enhanced thugs.
Would you pick:

A. The weak and slow human meat-bag without any cyberware, who looks like he gets a bullet between the eyes before he can even think to aim his gun.
or
B. The strong and fast metal samurai, fully enhanced, who looks like he delivers bullets between several pairs of eyes as a mere warmup.

Please cue the jeopardy theme...

Actually the human meat bag would probably be able to convince you that he's a better choice because he's still able to feel what you are looking for. Plus it's a game where normally you shouldn't do missions alone, so if you're looking for one merc only you're bound to choose a legendary one.

That depends, human without cyberware can also do good job, he will use different skill and approach to his target.
- Maybe Janitor, mopping floors and stuff? Though, do they even still hire people for that? Or do they use drones, which don't need any breaks and don't care for off-hours.
- Cap Drivers? Probably quite rare, with AI drivers being superior, cause they also don't need, nor care, for breaks and off-hours. I could imagine limo drivers being not as rare, but probably heavily augmented, not just for easier access to GPS and real time maps, but also some combat enhancements. After all, rich clients often have a lot of enemies, so the driver might wants to keep at least himself alive, in case something happens during the drive.
- Nurses? Probably augmented from head to toe, for faster response-times during emergencies, and cause a hospital in Night City probably looks more like a cyberware factory anyways.
- Heck, even prostitutes probably get more augmented as higher the class of their clients is. You know, certain implants that benefit the production of certain body-fluids, making the action more slippery, maybe even giving the body-fluids different tastes, or arousing effects. Not to mention clients with fetishes for certain cyberware... but let's stay away from that sticky topic.
- Waitress/Waiter? Probably gets tips via shards, or maybe even via wireless connection? And I can even imagine that restaurant owners would prefer applicants with augmented legs/feet? After all, walking all day between the tables makes not augmented legs/feet suffer as hell, increasing the chance that the waitress calls in sick more often then the witress with augmented legs.

And these are just super low risk jobs, part of ordinary day to day life. I would assume that most companies expect their employees to possess appropriate enhancements fitting the job description. For Cyberpunks, this will not be any different.

Actually the human meat bag would probably be able to convince you that he's a better choice because he's still able to feel what you are looking for. Plus it's a game where normally you shouldn't do missions alone, so if you're looking for one merc only you're bound to choose a legendary one.
What if the meat-bag can't pull the trigger, because he shows pity to the target that he is supposed to kill? What if his moral compass makes a 360, causing him to go against the client? What if he has an emotional breakdown in the middle of the mission, and starts crying for his mommy cause he can't handle the action?
Nah man, human meat-bags come with too much emotional baggage and are way to unpredictable. Most fixer/handlers would prefer the emotionless cyborg, who shows no pity, no mercy, and doesn't care for his moral compass, and simply gets the job done. And any Cyberpunk who dreams of the major leagues better adapts to these expectations.

Nah man, human meat-bags come with too much emotional baggage and are way to unpredictable. Most fixer/handlers would prefer the emotionless cyborg, who shows no pity, no mercy, and doesn't care for his moral compass, and simply gets the job done. And any Cyberpunk who dreams of the major leagues better adapts to these expectations.

If you go to such extremes, it equally possible the "emotioneless cyborg" could just rip appart your arms as a mean of negiciation just because he thinks you should pay more.
It's just equally possible...:rolleyes:

If you go to such extremes, it equally possible the "emotioneless cyborg" could just rip appart your arms as a mean of negiciation just because he thinks you should pay more.
It's just equally possible...:rolleyes:
That is a straight up paradox! It would need emotions to get so angry or frustrated to rip me apart...

That is a straight up paradox! It would need emotions to get so angry or frustrated to rip me apart...

He do not need to be angry or frustrated. He just have to doesn't react with a normal human reaction.
As I said, you took extreme example for a meat bag human mercenary so I just use extreme cyborg reaction.

He do not need to be angry or frustrated. He just have to doesn't react with a normal human reaction.
As I said, you took extreme example for a meat bag human mercenary so I just use extreme cyborg reaction.
Sorry, you lost me there. Human reactions are heavily, if not entirely, dictated by our emotions. If the emotionless cyborg doesn't react with a normal human reaction based on emotions, then what else is there that would cause him to rip me apart...?

...a better argument would be, that the cyborg would probably have big problems to even be interested in a job. You know, without emotions there isn't much left of a cyborgs wants and needs, hence less money is needed, which means risky jobs are less interesting...

but why would i want subdermal grip if i plan to make melee build for example?
Your question was answered by the 2018 E3 gameplay video:

The description for the Subdermal Grip says that it increases melee damage.

Increase damage of what unarmed attack ? how he affect katanas, knives, baseball bat, hand razors or mantis blades for example?

Sorry, you lost me there. Human reactions are heavily, if not entirely, dictated by our emotions. If the emotionless cyborg doesn't react with a normal human reaction based on emotions, then what else is there that would cause him to rip me apart...?

...a better argument would be, that the cyborg would probably have big problems to even be interested in a job. You know, without emotions there isn't much left of a cyborgs wants and needs, hence less money is needed, which means risky jobs are less interesting...

You know, "meatbag human mercenaries" are already existing now. Maybe you should meet them just to see if they are the incompetent, soft hearted humans you describe. Mercenaries are either good at their job or dead fast.

And cyborg don't lose emotions the way you imply. They don't lose needs for instance. What they lose the most is "human" way of doing thing. When you are annoyed by something you know as a normal human than killing it isn't what you should do (at first, to the least). That's not how all creature react. You doesn't meeting his expectations may end up in "any" way, including ripping your arms.

You want to know what you will really check if you wants a mercenary if your smart? Reputation. And you'll discover than being or not a cyborg doesn't make the reputation.

but why would i want subdermal grip if i plan to make melee build for example?

I was under impression that the reason was the wire connector thats used for hacking, and for direct connections, which might be necessary for certain plot points. However, I think that's on the left arm, while the subdermal grip is in the right arm. Hmm. :/

Maybe its used just for UI purposes, displaying how much ammo you got etc.

No, that jack you already have in your other hand, like i said before cyberware don't need to be 100% realistic, but at least need to be plausible, subdermal grip unlock lock weapon with 50% less damage and increase melee damage, he can only increase unarmed damage since your hand is now little heavy, but how he going to affect melee weapons?

Neck chip slot and that data jack in your hand are ok, but all other cyberware should be totally optional.

You know, "meatbag human mercenaries" are already existing now. Maybe you should meet them just to see if they are the incompetent, soft hearted humans you describe. Mercenaries are either good at their job or dead fast.
You forgot that mercenaries in real life don't have to deal with cybernetically enhanced enemies, so I don't know what your point is here.

And cyborg don't lose emotions the way you imply. They don't lose needs for instance. What they lose the most is "human" way of doing thing. When you are annoyed by something you know as a normal human than killing it isn't what you should do (at first, to the least). That's not how all creature react. You doesn't meeting his expectations may end up in "any" way, including ripping your arms.
I don't understand, I am afraid you must be more precise if you want me to understand. What exactly does it mean to loose the "human way of doing things"? And is a abnormal human, who hurts/kills others because he is annoyed, any less human?

I would even go so far, that even the most cruel actions are very human actions. That's why cruelty is so shocking to us, because it is part of human behavior. Granted, it isn't considered normal behavior, but it is still human non the less.

To get back to the cyborg example, if he is enhanced so much, that he lost his humanity and human behavior, then he would stop to behave like a human, regardless if in terms of "normal human behavior" or "abnormal human behavior". I mean, what kind of logic is it, to exclude "normal human behavior", but to include "abnormal human behavior", that doesn't make any sense.

Top Bottom