Trying to change language of the witcher 1

+
Trying to change language of the witcher 1

Wow this is soo much more trouble than I expected!

Have downloaded the 1.4 patch, it is now installed. Downloaded the English language pack and have installed. During the first installation it gave me the option of selecting language packs I wanted to install. I selected English and Chinese (the language the game came in).

There is still no option in the menu to change the language.

Is there something else I have to do? Or file I have to move around in my programs or something..? Seriously just want to play the game!

Thanks for any advice.

If you start the launcher and when you get to the screen select Options and then game options you should be given the chance to select Voiceover and text language . Are you still not able to select anything ?

No, I cannot see an option to change language. It is in chinese at the moment so maybe I'm just not noticing it..? But I looked very thoroughly... Have been looking for screen shots in english to give me a clue to where it might be anyway, but no luck. Does anyone have any screen shots that can show me where the option should be?

I have a crazy thought that I actually need to download the chinese language pack rather than the english language pack (if so, im screwed because I cannot find one). In the EE read me it says that with the upgrade comes 9 different languages (both voice over and subs). It goes on to say;

"correct installation of version 1.4 dialogue/VO enhancements requires installation of the language pack (see section 3.2) corresponding to the language version of the game installed on the user’s system. Example: to upgrade the English version of the game, both TWEE_Upgrade.exe and TWEE_English_language_pack.exe must be in the source directory"

If this is the case, is there anyway I can get around this?

Does this mean I should be trying to use the chinese language pack instead? Confusing because the 1.4 update asked me what languages I wanted to install! Got me all excited and such..

There is no Chinese language pack , only subtitles . I have included a couple of pics

Perfect, thank you soooo much!!! For anyone out there make sure you download the correct update version 1.4. The one released before 2011 is obsolete!

Hi
I bought The Witcher EE already at version 1.5 but when I download the Spanish language pack I can get sound but not subtitles in Spanish.

I saw that the language pack is meant for versions 1 to 1.4, but what can I do if I have version 1.5 and want to change subtitles language?
Thanks boyz

Top Bottom