Tune in to the first GWENT Masters tournament of this season!

+

GWENT Open #1 is coming to your homes this weekend, Saturday and Sunday, May 30th-31st! The tournament will be held online and streamed live on our official Twitch, YouTube and Mixer channels – starting at 4 PM CEST on both days.

Among some of your favorite veterans, you will see a lot of new faces:

They will be competing for a spot in the Grand Finale of Season 2 – the World Masters tournament, as well as a share of the 10 000 USD base prize pool. Additionally, all players will receive an equal share of the community-funded prize pool! You can still contribute by purchasing the unique Flaming Bundle and Flaming Pack, available only until tomorrow noon (May 27th, 12 PM CEST):

See you there!

There is a Finnish player participating. A Finnish player. In an Open.

I'm 100000% going to hope he does well!

DRK3

Forum veteran
Are there any news regarding Gwent Masters season 1?
Feels weird to see these qualifiers for season 2 when the 1st hasnt happened yet. I know its the biggest event for Gwent and that's why it probably hasnt happened in online format like the other tournaments, but im not sure this solution is better...

So, Harmony vs Poison Ball vs Uprising, on repeat?

I'll pass.

Surely split the pack would be quicker and more dramatic? ;)

Who cares Gwent Masters on a stale meta like this. I don't wanna see any of these same decks at this point. These are just everyday boring gameplay when you play on pro rank anyway.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Damn, i dont really care for twitch and streaming, but how can i pass a chance to get an avatar of Burza?

Looks like its time to finally create a twitch account, after years saying i would never do it... :shrug:

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Do i have to have a paid subscription to the cdpr twitch channel to get the drops or is just watching with the GOG&Twitch acc. linked enough?
Been trying to find this info online for quite a while :(

DRK3

Forum veteran
First day is over, and for those hoping to get many leeks... in a 9-hour stream, we only got to see artwork of a single card... :shrug:

Really hope day 2 has a lot more for us, a release date would be the best-case scenario.

SpaceX: Made first manned mission, succesfully landed rocket engine on droneship in 6 hours of live stream.

CDPR: "wE WiLL sHow YoU oNe nEw aRtWoRk iN 9 hOuRs LiVe sTrEaM"

First day is over, and for those hoping to get many leeks... in a 9-hour stream, we only got to see artwork of a single card... :shrug:

Really hope day 2 has a lot more for us, a release date would be the best-case scenario.
But of course Gwent is not mismanaged and the devs are excellent at communicating with the player base.

Where I can see the decklist of each competitiors? I can't find it.

And are there any one get the drop? I already linked my Twitch account with GOG account but didn't get drop.
I will try to watch longer next day.

rrc

Forum veteran
Yesterday was undeniably the worst Gwent tournament VIEWING experience I have ever had. It was boring as hell and very hard to sit through. The games were, as always, very interesting, but watching 1 hours of game play and 5 hours of couple-of-people-simply-talking is simply bad. No offense to casters. They did fantastic job, hiding their annoyance and putting a smiling face and talk with same excitement. They should probably get double or triple the amount they initially negotiated. CDPR could have shown previous games from previous tournaments, at least that could have been fun. But simply putting the casters and the audience to such a hard time was very very bad.

I watched for 6.5 hours and slept since it was 2 AM for me. I was hoping and waiting for some leeks and it was supposed to be after Tailbot's game. I wanted to wait and see, but I was too sleepy when the game just became 1-1. Thank God I didn't wait. All we got was a single card art? That was all the leeks CDPR planned for day 1? CDPR should have given more respect to the viewers and gave some more leeks. I didn't care about the drops. All I cared was watching the games and looking forward to the leeks, but I must say I am thoroughly disappointed.

In the last open I believe the first day was an 8 hour long stream, with many 3-2 games and draws too. I saw the entire stream and never was bored a second. The discussions were short and sweet and the stream was mostly games. The truth is, there is no one to blame for the technical issues, since this is the first time CDPR is doing something like that. But they should have at least anticipated the issues and planned for "what is we are going to wait for hours between games? what should be the fillers? what are the leeks we should give to keep the viewers happy". Instead they went "just let the casters tell their personal stories or anything to fill the time and we will show one card art".

As much as I wanted to love and get excited about the tournament, I was left with a bad taste in my mouth due to poor contingency planning from CDPR. I am not even sure if I will get myself to watch the tournament today. I will definitely start watching, but if today is also full of shallow talks, less games, more technical issues and no leeks, I will probably turn off after an hour or so.

As much as I wanted to love and get excited about the tournament, I was left with a bad taste in my mouth due to poor contingency planning from CDPR. I am not even sure if I will get myself to watch the tournament today. I will definitely start watching, but if today is also full of shallow talks, less games, more technical issues and no leeks, I will probably turn off after an hour or so.

Skip the stream live, then watch it afterwards when you can just skip around to find the actual games and leeks. I doubt they are going to be able to fix all the issues they had over a single night so if you found yourself frustrated to the point of just skipping the tournament altogether, just wait till its over, avoid social media and then watch the recording where you can cut out all the filler.

As for the lack of leaks, I am guessing they are going to show an actual trailer tomorrow which will hopefully have a release date and a handful of card reveals. Till then, just like with prior expansions, we will only get to see a couple pictures to wet the apatite.

Anything new? I saw the card art for the 2 cards in the other thread. I know people expected this to be the day they announce the name of the expansion and release date.

Top Bottom