Turn and Face the Strange Mutation Tips.

+
Turn and Face the Strange Mutation Tips.

mark5916;n10431352 said:
Well, it would be better for disabling the HUD before you make a screenshot.

How to:

Main screen: OPTIONS-> DISPLAY-> HUD CONFIGURATION-> HUD Visibility ON - OFF

Then you will get similar pictures as the below:

https://imgur.com/a/yEfEG

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

>Do you have a pic of your skill tree by any chance?

https://imgur.com/a/JJFnC

AH, okay.. I'll disable HUD for future shots. Thank you. Your tree looks great. I know most people focus primarily on combat, so a 85% Sign build is interesting. I'm immediately going to go do the quest which unlocks the mutations and redo my skill tree after a Potion of Clearance. I had 7 blocks for Combat, 5 for Alchemy and 1 for Magic, after I had unlocked my extra skill slot on my first play through. Actually, I should probably go do all the Places of Power in Toussaint first to have max ability points to respec.

Did you pick up the The Aerondight silver sword right away?

Last edited:
EvolvedResolve;n10439502 said:
AH, okay.. I'll disable HUD for future shots. Thank you. Your tree looks great. I know most people focus primarily on combat, so a 85% Sign build is interesting. I'm immediately going to go do the quest which unlocks the mutations and redo my skill tree after a Potion of Clearance. I had 7 blocks for Combat, 5 for Alchemy and 1 for Magic, after I had unlocked my extra skill slot on my first play through. Actually, I should probably go do all the Places of Power in Toussaint first to have max ability points to respec.

Did you pick up the The Aerondight silver sword right away?

You can get the Sword from the Lady of the Lake after completing a secondary quest with the Five Chivalric Virtues.

Valor: Do nothesitate to stand against the majority, no matter what the consequences.

Honor: A truly honorable man always stands behind his actions, faces every challenge and refuses to lie.

Compassion: Whoever feels sympathy for his fellows man will never turn a blind eye to misfortune. He will instead always stand in defense of the wronged.

Wisdom: Remember, wise choices are not those which make our lives easier or simpler. Often, they make them more complicated. But always they make us better.

Generosity: Generosity is required for dignity in life and peace in death.

This will take a while until you accomplish all the above.

I don't say more, for not spoiling the game. That's your task to find out how. :p

Last edited:
mark5916;n10441392 said:
You can get the Sword from the Lady of the Lake after completing a secondary quest with the Five Chivalric Virtues.

Valor: Do nothesitate to stand against the majority, no matter what the consequences.

Honor: A truly honorable man always stands behind his actions, faces every challenge and refuses to lie.

Compassion: Whoever feels sympathy for his fellows man will never turn a blind eye to misfortune. He will instead always stand in defense of the wronged.

Wisdom: Remember, wise choices are not those which make our lives easier or simpler. Often, they make them more complicated. But always they make us better.

Generosity: Generosity is required for dignity in life and peace in death.

This will take a while until you accomplish all the above.

I don't say more, for not spoiling the game. That's your task to find out how. :p

So I basically restarted B&W by getting the Master, Master Master quest and immediately getting all the Grandmaster Wolven armor and weapons. Then I went and got all five ability points from the Places of Power in Toussaint. I just completed the "Turn and Face The Strange" quest and have been sitting here, literally for four hours - respec-ing my ability tree and mutation layout. In regards to mutations; I'm thinking of settling on Deadly Counter, Toxic Blood and Euphoria. I want to unlock a third mutation so as to open the second ability block.. but I'm having a hard time deciding between Mutated Skin and Bloodbath. Any thoughts there? After leaving here, I'll go for the quest which nets me the Aerondight Silver Sword. Then, I'll go and collect the remaining Grandmaster Diagrams and follow up by doing side quests and final main game quests. (/rant]

EvolvedResolve;n10473252 said:
So I basically restarted B&W by getting the Master, Master Master quest and immediately getting all the Grandmaster Wolven armor and weapons. Then I went and got all five ability points from the Places of Power in Toussaint. I just completed the "Turn and Face The Strange" quest and have been sitting here, literally for four hours - respec-ing my ability tree and mutation layout. In regards to mutations; I'm thinking of settling on Deadly Counter, Toxic Blood and Euphoria. I want to unlock a third mutation so as to open the second ability block.. but I'm having a hard time deciding between Mutated Skin and Bloodbath. Any thoughts there? After leaving here, I'll go for the quest which nets me the Aerondight Silver Sword. Then, I'll go and collect the remaining Grandmaster Diagrams and follow up by doing side quests and final main game quests. (/rant]

Well, try both of those mutations and see which one fits better to your combat style.

Mutated Skin

Description: Each adrenaline point decreases the damage that you take by 15%, to a maximum of 45%.​

Effectively giving you free damage resistance,
Mutated Skin is a solid mutation that works well with any kind of character build that's quick to gain adrenaline points in battle.​

Bloodbath

Description: When you kill an enemy with a sword attack, you get guaranteed dismemberment or a finishing animation.
What's more, every time a sword attack connects, your attack power is increased by 5%, up to a maximum of 250%.
However, if you take damage (excluding damage from toxicity), the attack power increase will disappear.​

Dismemberments and finishers look great when you pull them off, but Bloodbath's guarantee of seeing them is really just the icing on the cake.
Really, you're here for the extra sword damage, which stacks every time you connect with the enemy.
You can potentially rack up gigantic amounts of damage with this mutation - but you have to make sure that you're not hit. High risk, very high reward.​

Last edited:
Top Bottom