Turn Based or Real Time Combat?

+
you are going to miss out so many games....have you tried fez?Or something like braid

or antichamber
the swapper
etcetcetc

you are going to miss out so many games....have you tried fez?Or something like braid

or antichamber
the swapper
etcetcetc

For me games aren't about just the fun, they are about the story and the experience.. Honestly, what could those games possibly give me?

Have you ever played "Freedom Fighters"? Play that game and you will know what i mean.. Old but gold...

For me games aren't about just the fun, they are about the story and the experience.. Honestly, what could those games possibly give me?

Have you ever played "Freedom Fighters"? Play that game and you will know what i mean.. Old but gold...

I always wanted to try it but i just dropped it after a minute for some reason. It features some stuff i hate about third person, but i played second sight and gunz so i can play anything.
Those games....actually give puzzles so if you are not into them that's understandable. They are gold to me though. Can't wait for The Witness.

I remember you were interested in Cradle though

I just remembered about The Cat AndThe Coup. But it's 10 minutes long

I always wanted to try it but i just dropped it after a minute for some reason. It features some stuff i hate about third person, but i played second sight and gunz so i can play anything.
Those games....actually give puzzles so if you are not into them that's understandable. They are gold to me though. Can't wait for The Witness.

I remember you were interested in Cradle though

I just remembered about The Cat AndThe Coup. But it's 10 minutes long

I do like games with puzzles but they has to come with a great story element. A great example for that would be "Alan Wake", an amazing story with some good puzzles to enjoy.

I liked Cradle mainly because it has an amazing visual style and one article i read about the game said that the game will have an equally amazing story..

Also, i loved "Freedom Fighters" back in the day and it is still on my top 10.. It is one of the few games i would recommend it to anyone without hesitation.. Try to play it again, i'm sure you are going to love it..

Mh, puzzles and story...Braid has some nice twists, but it leaves everything to your interpretation.

Guess we' ll have to wait for either Routine or the new amnesia.

The AI in Freedom Fighters was not so great.

It was great back in its day.. Detailed too, don't forget that you can recruit many soldiers and order them around.. That wasn't a common feature in games back then and it still is not.. I really wish they would make a HD version with improved gameplay, high poly models and high res textures... But even without all that, it is a great game with an amazing story...

What is your top10 thewarsend ?

Let me list my top 15.. Not necessarily in this order, i write them as i remember them, so i may have forget some:

1. Dragon age Origins
2. Mass Effect
3. Freedom Fighters
4. Diablo 2
5. Fallout 3
6. Half-Life 2
7. Alan Wake
8. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
9. Witcher 2
10. Dishonored
11. Fahrenheit (Also known as Indigo Prophecy)
12. Dead Space
13. Max Payne
14. Hitman
15. Homefront

These all i can remember, also, i love Mass Effect 1, like Mass Effect 2, but absolutely hate Mass Effect 3... I just want to beat the crap out of whomever thought of the star brat and said "good idea, we must put this in our game".. Lazy writing ruins another series.. (And they turned any other series they had into crappy MMO series... I hate them..)

I say turn based, knowing full well I'll be in the minority, and it won't happen. I say it only because turn based gaming needs a massive overhaul, if not a revolution, and there are few developers I'd trust to take a good run at it, but CDPR could swing it.

Still, not something I'd hold my breath for. I bought the other game just to see what they'd manage with all their kickstarter money, and the answer was... well... yeah, but no...

So long as they manage to keep as much of the feel, intelligence and depth of the original game. So many runs over the years, on both sides of the fence, and the one good bit of advice I could give a first timer in 2020 is this: If you see a gun, run, unless it's yours, and you're already looking down the sights. So many cocky players start a simple FNFF, so very few walk away...

It'd be almost unplayable as a simple game if it was that close to the original, but realtime does give almost too much power to the player. Being a Counterstrike vet, I'd be disappointed if I can run a social character like they're some sort of gun-god, purely due to my own skill overriding the games mechanics.

In any case, due to their stated aims, I do have hope for the social and sneaky aspects to be far more fleshed out. It's easy enough comparatively to write a game where shooting wins, but difficult to give people multiple, less violent paths and a sense of satisfaction.

Personally, so long as violent behavior can backfire magnificently and tragically (think GTA without respray shops, but safehouses), then it brings balance to the use of force.

One of my favorite things to do to players who went ballistic with the combat skills was to make them spend large amounts of time in circumstances that would only go downhill if violence was initiated. The game is meant to be allegorical, like all good sci fi. People who rely mainly on their ability to harm others either spend a lot of time bored, or spend a lot of time bored in prison...

These all i can remember, also, i love Mass Effect 1, like Mass Effect 2, but absolutely hate Mass Effect 3... I just want to beat the crap out of whomever thought of the star brat and said "good idea, we must put this in our game".. Lazy writing ruins another series.. (And they turned any other series they had into crappy MMO series... I hate them..)

With you here. Mass Effect 2 barely scraped by with a "like" from me, and most of that was due to my love for one. Kinda like when you break up with an awesome girl, then start dating her younger sister. She's sorta similar, but so much more annoying, and has never heard of Monty Python, and keeps getting carded at bars...

There's way more I could do with this fictitious analogy, but I'm new here and don't want to come across as too creepy too soon :p

i love Mass Effect 1, like Mass Effect 2, but absolutely hate Mass Effect 3... I just want to beat the crap out of whomever thought of the star brat and said "good idea, we must put this in our game".. Lazy writing ruins another series..
Just wondering would you have been more happy if the "AI" had projected itself rather as adult or perhaps as reaper/leviathan?

Just wondering would you have been more happy if the "AI" had projected itself rather as adult or perhaps as reaper/leviathan?

I thought about ways to save ME3 and i thought it would be much much better if the "AI" appear as citadel VI "Avina". (Using her image and voice as a template to communicate with Shepard) I had a whole idea about how they could alter the endings without changing too much about the game and make everyone happy.

"Here is my idea how endings should be: [SOME SPOILERS AHEAD]

Leviathans may have created The Catalyst to prevent other species from rebelling against them, for that they needed a solution and they created the Catalyst (remember in Leviathan DLC they explained that Leviathans used to enslave other species and make them work for their own goals as slave labor) so the Leviathans wanted to end the chaos created by themselves (which slowed their progress) and created an AI that didn't had any restrictions. They didn't put any restrictions because since they believed themselves to be the apex race, they didn't think an AI they created would be able to turn against them and wipe them out. At first AI tried to create peaceful solutions but nothing worked (Leviathans didn't want peace, they just wanted conflict to be over, no surprises there), than AI figured that since the chaos was created by Leviathans it would be over if they ascended. They stored leviathans DNA and knowledge in Harbinger and made them ascent thus creating the first Reaper, but that didn't end the conflict, because as soon as Leviathans fall from power, other species now freed from Leviathans wanted to be power. They fought amongst themselves and that created even more conflict and chaos. Then Catalyst decided that advanced civilizations created chaos. She figured if they all ascended chaos would be over (and it did, for every 50000 years or so) (first two Mass Effect games supports this, since Turians vs Humans, Salarians vs Krogans etc . all created conflict and chaos. and in Mass Effect 3 Javik explained that Protheans were in war with every other species, believing themselves to be the apex race. As Leviathans believed themselves to be apex race and enslaved every other species.)

Also Catalyst should appear in Avina's form. (i will refer Catalyst as "she" from now on) In my version Catalyst doesn't have an hologram but speaks through VI Avina. (Very existence of star child screams indoctrination because only way Catalyst would be able to know about that child, is pulling the image of that child from Shepard's mind. Instead Catalyst can pull Avina's image from the Citadel's database and use that..) This would make a lot more sense. (think that Shepard confuses Catalyst with VI Avina at first, and asks her "Avina, where am i in the Citadel?" but Catalyst tells Shepard that she is not Avina but the Catalyst communicating trough Avina's image and explains a little. She tells Shepard that humans and every other species would be already ascended if Shepard didn't severed the connection between catalyst and keepers on Mass Effect 1. (that would close lots of plot holes, like why didn't catalyst act sooner? because she can't control keepers anymore, they are now doing routine maintenance work only, she can't even communicate with the reapers, now catalyst doesn't give Shepard options out of nowhere, from the bottom of her non existing heart, instead she gives options to Shepard because she's unable to do anything else, she has no control over the keepers or the reapers)

Endings:

Control: You get the option to replace the AI (Catalyst) with EDI
"Paragon-Worked hard-Gathered all possible resources": EDI is sane, remembers her friends and her love to Joker, maybe even maintains her cyber body.
"Paragon-Didn't work hard enough": EDI goes insane and becomes even worst than reapers, tries to destroys everything but Joker contacts Citadel telling that he loves her and she says "I'm sorry Jeff" and self destructs.
"Renegade-Worked hard-Gathered all resources": EDI is sane but doesn't remember anything. Her memory is wiped clean. Only thing that's left is her mission "Save and protect". Now she polices the universe with iron fist, showing no mercy to people who harms others.
"Renegade-Didn't work hard enough": EDI goes insane and becomes even worst than reapers, starts to destroy anything in her path. Joker tries to reason with her, but no luck, she doesn't care. Than she destroys Normandy along with everything else.

Destroy: You can send out a kill code using Catalyst's interface
"Paragon-Worked hard-Gathered all possible resources": You send out a kill code that disables Reapers and only Reapers. Than you are able to purge the code of the Catalyst from the Citadel or change it's mission parameters to keep peace without ascension.
"Paragon-Didn't work hard enough": You send out a kill code to disable Reapers but it fries every every electronic device, kills everyone in space, and turns every civilization to stone age. And since Catalyst is in the center of the hurricane, it is unharmed and cycle will continue. Than Catalyst tries to control Shepard, taking over his mind using his implants, Shepard kills himself/herself with his/her pistol before Catalyst can succeed.
"Renegade-Worked hard-Gathered all resources": You send out a kill code that disables Reapers and only Reapers. Than you are able to purge the code of the Catalyst from the Citadel or try to change it's mission parameters to serve you, but if you try, it becomes like virus and spreads through system to system, ship to ship controlling everything.
"Renegade-Didn't work hard enough":You send out a kill code to disable Reapers but it fries every every electronic device, kills everyone in space, and turns every civilization to stone age. And since Catalyst is in the center of the hurricane, it is unharmed and cycle will continue. Than Catalyst tries to control Shepard, taking over his mind using his/her implants and Catalyst succeeds. "

Thoughts anyone? Isn't it better?

I thought about ways to save ME3 and i thought it would be much much better if the "AI" appear as citadel VI "Avina". (Using her image and voice as a template to communicate with Shepard) I had a whole idea about how they could alter the endings without changing too much about the game and make everyone happy.

Thoughts anyone? Isn't it better?

To be nice, I'll say hell yes. To be fair, I'll say that having Joker run into shot carrying a surfboard and yelling "Surf's up dudes!", followed by a group shot of all the main characters surfing to surf music would have been better. I've had NSU less disappointing than the real ME3 ending. An ending so bad that I, a man who reads to the end of truly abysmal books just so they're finished, refused to even play it.

I just pray that, when this game is out and the sequel is on the cards, CDPR show those who clamor for a simpler, easier to understand at a moments glance system the scorn and derision they deserve.

Mass Effect was an awesome game. Mass Effect 2 was a confusing disappointment that removed everything I loved bar the story. ME3 took a dump on said story. If there's a more profound indictment of big game publishers and their evil ruining smaller, otherwise good developers, I'd prefer not to know about it :p

Looks good yeah. Looks like it has more options than the actual game though I don't really know how much paragon/renegade + resources actually affected ending. That said I was completely happy with my happy hybrid ending that turned everybody borgs :D

Top Bottom