Turning off Crossfire

+
Turning off Crossfire

So, since crossfire does not work, I would like to turn off one of my Radeon HD 6990. The problem is I can't. The Catalyst Control Center does not give me the option. Any ideas ?

disable it? device manager.

btw, that sucks... you mean it doesn't work at all? is there other confirmation on this? i was gonna grab a second card so i can play ultra, but i even hear there are SLI issues. :\

is there a document somewhere on which SLI/crossfire configs work? some are reporting it doesn't, across both nvidia/ati select models.

or do we have to troll forums for that info? would be nice if someone could collect all the info (not customers/forum users to be precise)...

specifically 7870.

---------- Updated at 06:33 AM ----------

actually, a bit on the vsync reducing stutter you mentioned. if you wanna know the trick/key it's this:

run 40 fps. make sure it never drops below 30. if it does, vsync will skip 2 frames... running at 45 will skip every 3rd frame (draw 2, skip 1)... pretty simple logic on how vsync works. skipping 1 frame is ok, skipping 2 is problematic.

although the stutter you mentioned is probably related to screen tearing with vsync off. running with vsync off when you frame rate is below your refresh rate (with double-buffer) is horrible. so yea ;p

vsync is a 'frame-skipper' basically. prevents drawing partial frames so you don't get screen tearing at frames below refresh.

Last edited:

Guest 3816830

Hmm. Seems waiting for an updated Catalyst is a resonable option. More reasonable than installing W10 driver ?

Top Bottom