Turning off profanity filter

+
Turning off profanity filter

Is it possible to turn off the profanity filter for viewing, or is the language censored in the post itself? Seriously, I'm an adult, and I think most of us just by being here show that we play mature games, so why would we be offended by a little colorful language? If someone wanted to be obnoxious, they wouldn't need to violate FCC codes in order to do it, so what the h-e-double-hocky-sticks is the point? This should be configurable by the user, and left up to them whether they need to be sheltered from speech.I warn you now, if any Witcher fan confessed to preferring their forum reading to be TV-14 rated, I'm going to have to [MOD]Read the TOS you have accepted.. I don't think I could help myself.

It is not under our control or anyone other than the owner which end up to be CDPR. Sadly, there was some kind of freedom at first but, after abuses they had to put the filter in, worst, even with the language check at the entry of the site, it is not enough.Also one thing to remember is that different country, different lifestyle.I have edited your post cause as you can see, it is not accepted.

I would like that aswell. I've had to edit all my posts (not that many but still ;)) before I hit the 'Post' button. It's kinda automatic for me to use profanitys, not to an extreme, but alittle here and there to smoothen out the language.

Mobidoy said:
after abuses they had to put the filter in
As I said above, someone who wants to be obnoxious can do so with or without profanity. But you tell me; did this filter work as intended? Did it stop trolls from being trolls, or simply remove a few words from their vocabulary?

Sadly, there is a risk of some high strung and very protective parents out there who might see their little darlings hanging out in a forum and see a post with a BAD WORD :eek:, and as we all know, the sight of one post with a potty mouth word would eternally traumatize their darling, innocent child :angel:, cause the kid to freak out, become a juvenile delinquent :mad:, enter a life of crime :evil: and debauchery :beer:, and, many years later, die forgotten and unnoticed as a drunk/junkie in a filthy alley in some ghetto. :dead:And this knowledge could also cause the aforementioned protective parents to invoke evil lawyers ]:-> ]:-> ]:-> ]:-> ]:->, and sick them on the owners of said forum with that one, solitary post with the horrible, terrible bad word. And we all know lawyers are harder to defeat than Kikimore Queens. :wall:So to avoid this terrible fate, we will just have to forego some of the more .... expressive ... terms available to us (like the ones used throughout the game). :whatthe:It's still a good forum. Even without the potty-mouth option. :beer:

DokEnkephalin said:
DokEnkephalin said:
after abuses they had to put the filter in
As I said above, someone who wants to be obnoxious can do so with or without profanity. But you tell me; did this filter work as intended? Did it stop trolls from being trolls, or simply remove a few words from their vocabulary?
I cannot tell you exactly the result they got from it as i dont have access to those info. I only know that they told us to keep the rules they dictate respected. You know, when the game was released, the forum had a certain liberty but, the respect between peeps was there, sadly, as i said, some people jumped in and ruined it all :(

Certainly works both ways :D(and yes, please respect the filter - the game might be for over 18s, but the forum is open to all above the age of 13, especially the Versus section. We don't want CDPR to get sued by angry parents now, right? :))

Starwolf said:
And this knowledge could also cause the aforementioned protective parents to invoke evil lawyers ]:-> ]:-> ]:-> ]:-> ]:->, and sick them on the owners of said forum with that one, solitary post with the horrible, terrible bad word. And we all know lawyers are harder to defeat than Kikimore Queens. :wall:
Starwolf said:
We don't want CDPR to get sued by angry parents now, right? :))
We could institute a new policy: Don't sue us, and we won't send a brute squad to your home address. ]:-> :whistle:
The Princess Bride said:
"Get away, I'm telling you, or I call the Brute Squad.""I'm on the Brute Squad.""You are the brute squad."

we could always use Shakespearean and archaic invective if we want colorful language"so and so is a foul-mouthed and caluminous knave; he's a dastardly prating peasant, that triple-turned strumpet...

Starwolf said:
Sadly, there is a risk of some high strung and very protective parents out there who might see their little darlings hanging out in a forum and see a post with a BAD WORD :eek:, and as we all know, the sight of one post with a potty mouth word would eternally traumatize their darling, innocent child :angel:, cause the kid to freak out, become a juvenile delinquent :mad:, enter a life of crime :evil: and debauchery :beer:, and, many years later, die forgotten and unnoticed as a drunk/junkie in a filthy alley in some ghetto. :dead:And this knowledge could also cause the aforementioned protective parents to invoke evil lawyers ]:-> ]:-> ]:-> ]:-> ]:->, and sick them on the owners of said forum with that one, solitary post with the horrible, terrible bad word. And we all know lawyers are harder to defeat than Kikimore Queens. :wall:So to avoid this terrible fate, we will just have to forego some of the more .... expressive ... terms available to us (like the ones used throughout the game). :whatthe:It's still a good forum. Even without the potty-mouth option. :beer:
ROFL Very very well said Starwolf..and so descriptive^^ That gave me a huge laugh lol *saved to notepad for future laughs* Cheers! :beer:

Top Bottom