Turning off Quest Markers

+
This questmarker is mocking me all the time" come here little sheep...50meter to go...you to stupid for using a map....just follow me...well behaved sheep...dont look there just follow me....you doing good...here iam....follow me....right here....good boy"

I just select the quest on my journal that requires me to call someone when i want to get rid of the quest marker, no other way i think.

Except once you're doing a mission it will automatically track it again once you hit the point where the marker was, and then updates to the next spot. Constantly, because it may just be the next room over. No matter how much you switch away it will come back. Such a gigantic bummer. Who do we need to reach out to to do something about this instead of shouting into a void on various forums?

It has reached the point where I want to put down the game until I can play through some quests without this dumb thing on screen screaming "GO HERE" all the time. Beyond the super annoying and immersion breaking eyesore it is, I cannot stand this type of forced guidance at all.

If we have to wait for official mod tools which might be months and months away.. holy shit.

It seems it was the result of a glitch in the UI. It appears that you cannot deactive quests, unfortunately.

Hey guys, found a viable solution to untrack quests.
1. Install the mod - Cyber Engine Tweaks. The mod gives you console access in the game. Works for me on v. 1.06.
2. Open console with ~ while in the game.
3. In console execute command Game.untrack()
4. Profit!
Proof GIF

I am making sure to never complete the quest for the secret Tyger Claws bike since it provides no map marker. I will never get the bike but at least I don't have a yellow dot and line every second of my life.

Please CDPR, let us uncheck active quests and have a clean map.

I agree. Map can be better. Early in the game there are so many icons in the map you can't find what you are looking for. There can be a filter too for example if I need to know where are all the gunsmiths.

When I saw the moderator's first answer, I only thought I didn't know much about the game.
And i saw the moderator's second answer, it's... absolutely ridiculous :(

Hey guys, found a viable solution to untrack quests.
1. Install the mod - Cyber Engine Tweaks. The mod gives you console access in the game. Works for me on v. 1.06.
2. Open console with ~ while in the game.
3. In console execute command Game.untrack()
4. Profit!
Proof GIF

Unfortunately, this is not a viable solution. It works only as good as the previous 'workaround' in tracking a quest with no markers like Psycho Killer. Same as that, when you untrack a quest, but reach the next part where the marker would update on a mission with multiple steps, it re-appears for every single update.

So even on a little side mission, say there's a marker at the main door of a building pointing you inside, you use this console to untrack the quest which hides that marker, but as soon as you get inside from any entrance, the next step of that quest triggers and the next marker automatically re-appears.

I hope this option gets patched in so we aren't dependent on mods.

Right now I leave it on quests that provide no waypoint.

Right now I leave it on quests that provide no waypoint.

Been said numerous times now, but that's not really an option if you're actually doing missions and want to avoid the guidance. Unless you want to keep switching the tracker back and off every single time it updates and re-appears. It's a poor workaround, only good for open world stuff.

But yeah, I also hope it's patched in officially and actually stays off when turned off.

For me this is the solution. I can disable the questmarker, enemy healthbars, the small icons above them and the dark effect in stealth modus, thats what i needed for my immersion.
NOW i begin to play.
Post automatically merged:

Btw, The questmarkerremover is the mod that removes also the smaller icons above enemys.

Last edited:

IVIX1

Forum regular
Sharing a mod i just happened upon today. Gives multiple options to change/reduce visibility of current HUD. Upon loading up my game just now using the small option, the game marker is MUCH LESS NOTICABLE.

You can deselect the active quest on the journal pane.
No you cant. Main quests stays active unless you activate a side quest.
I would have to keep the cyberpsyco quest active if i wanted to get rid of the assbackwards gps yellow rout markers off the minimap

Top Bottom