Tutoring Redone: Faction Specific and Conditional

+
We need some more interesting thinning/tutoring cards. They should be faction specific and conditional. I was thinking about something like this:

Skellige:
Epic, 6 provisions, 3 strength
Order: Play a bronze card from your deck whose Provision Cost is less than or equal to the number of damaged enemies.
Lifegain: If played from the graveyard, gain Zeal.

Monsters:
Epic, 6 provisions, 1 strength
Thrive, Order: Play a bronze card from your deck whose Provision Cost is less than or equal to this unit's strength.
Deathwish: If the order ability wasn't triggered, create a copy and give it Doomed.

Northern Realms:
Epic, 6 provisions, 3 strength
Order: Play a bronze card from your deck whose Provision Cost is less than or equal to the number of boosted units on your side.
If played from the deck, gain Zeal.

Nilfgaard:
Epic, 6 provisions, 1 strength
Spying, Deploy: Play a bronze card from your deck whose Provision Cost is less than or equal to the number of spying units.

Scoia'tael:
Epic, 6 provisions
Ambush, Order: Play a bronze card from your deck whose Provision Cost is less than or equal to the Charge count. Gain 1 Charge whenever either player plays a card.

Thoughts?

I honestly would not like to see more tutoring in the game. Everybody already runs Witcher trio + Roach.... with more tutoring, the game would become annoying. I like your ideas though, I think they're pretty decent.

The conditions might all need a bit of further balancing, but I really like it. Though a couple of bigger archetypes seem to be missing such a tutor card, like NR charges, Dwarves.

Breli

Forum regular
I think new tuturos would be very good if they can be an alternative to witchers. That would hopefully increase deak variation and options. Some comments:

- Skellige should be excluded! They have way too much skinning already
- Your conditions seem to be quite "harsh", e.g. for Nilfgaard you need at least 3 other spying units to get a 4P bronze out. Seems a bit unrealistic to me?

Another idea could be to have a gold unit that tutors a bronze unit for all factions except Skellige. The pricing needs to be lower than witchers though:

- Witchers: Deck slots 3, Body 9, Thinning 2, Provision Total 21
- Gold unit + Bonze: Deck slots 2, Thinning 1, Body Gold 3+Body Bronze X, Provision Gold maybe 7 + Provison Bronze Y

Running the Gold Unit/Bronze and the faction individual bronze thinning (such as Wild Hunt rider) would provide 2 card thinning in total like witchers with more flexibility (you can chose the bronze card) but for the expense of an additional deck slot.

Best regards

Breli

We have Summoning Circle, which is a neutral card all factions have access to and works very similar to your ST suggestion.

Your conditions seem to be quite "harsh", e.g. for Nilfgaard you need at least 3 other spying units to get a 4P bronze out. Seems a bit unrealistic to me?

At the moment, maybe, but they do get a Deploy ability instead of an Order ability and more spies could be introduced in a coming expansion.

We have Summoning Circle, which is a neutral card all factions have access to and works very similar to your ST suggestion.

True, there are other neutral cards that are worse than faction specific cards. The best example might be Triss vs Ithlinne.

True, there are other neutral cards that are worse than faction specific cards. The best example might be Triss vs Ithlinne.

Yeah and that's fine if it overlaps with ONE faction, but like other pointed out not every faction needs this and personally i wouldn't really like another closed beta spotter situation, if you remember there was even a meme about this.

I think this idea could work for NR but i'd leave it at that.

Top Bottom