[TW1][Adv] Entrapped v1.1 VOICED

+
[TW1][Adv] Entrapped v1.1 VOICED

Entrapped

The witcher, tired after a long day of travel through Temeria, arrives at a village, which seems like any other. He wants to stay for a night at the local inn and to move on, but he will have to face a serious danger. He will find himself trapped in the village and the way out will not be peaceful...

This is an improved version of the adventure which was published in 2009 and downloaded about 200 thousand times from the official Witcher website.
Entrapped final version features:

* Six different endings.
* About one hour of gameplay.
* Three language versions: English (text), Polish (voice-overs and text), German (text).

Download links:
Entrapped on ModDB
Entrapped on Witcher Nexus
In case of problems with download servers, check the alternative download link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/0vtayn
Credits:
Author - Adam Dukszto
Lead tester - Dan_123
Testers - Muzykanci aka The Bards
Additional cutscenes - Adrael
German translation - Vinyamar aka Thingol
Voice overs (Polish) (the roles are hidden with spoiler tags because, well, they contain spoilers on what characters you can meet in the adventure -- if you haven't played the adventure, check the credits later) :)
Geralt - Adam Dukszto
Anna - Magdalena Pióro
Wraith - Maciej Łyczak
Klara - Ewa Wiśniowska
Narrator - Piotr Mostowski
Innkeeper's wife - Katarzyna Kraińska
Andre - Maciej "zuber1906" Pióro
Officer - Jakub "Dreamerion" Ernestowicz
And:
Paweł Marszałek, Filip Gosztyła, Maciej Pióro, Magdalena Pióro, Lighthunder aka. Chilly, Andrzej Biernacki, Katarzyna Kraińska, Piotr Mostowski, Maciej Łyczak, Anna Łyczak, Jakub Ernestowicz, "Gornos", Krzysztof Wiśniowski, Ewa Wiśniowska.

"Entrapped" is an excellent adventure; I recommend it!

Making a voiced version of an adventure is quite an achievement; congratulations.

You might want to change the title of this thread to reflect the fact that the new version of "Entrapped" is VOICED. That's such a rare thing that people might miss it unless you really point it out. ;)

Thank you, Corylea :)
I just fixed the title of the thread. Just a notice, there are only Polish voice-overs, unfortunately, there are no English voice-overs. Of course, you can still switch on the voice-overs in the game menu (choose Polish voice-overs) and read English subtitles :)

Fantasta said:
unfortunately, there are no English voice-overs. Of course, you can still switch on the voice-overs in the game menu (choose Polish voice-overs) and read English subtitles :)/>

If you want English Voice Overs, I can provide that for you. I have a crew of 8 Voice actors and I work as an audio engineer and do voices as well, we are looking for a project right now (no charge), so hit me up if would like to work something out.

Thank you very much for your offer. 8 months ago, when I was starting making the voiced version of "Entrapped", I would be very happy to have such a great opportunity of adding English voice-overs. Now, however, I'm going to do just one minor update to "Entrapped" and say farewell to modding "The Witcher" :)
Though my adventure is rather short, it was quite a task to add all the voices. The overall number of words is relatively small (it's a one-hour adventure), but there are hundreds of shorter and longer lines; the lines were recorded, edited and saved as separate sound files, the files were added to the adventure module and the names of the files were put into dialogue files -- it was a bit of work. There are more than 60 characters with spoken lines in the adventure and about 1600 sound files :)
Adding English voice overs would be great, but I think it would require to go over all the lines, and name the new recordings in the same manner as the Polish equivalents (and unfortunately, I didn't use a consistent naming convention). Heck, I wouldn't even know how to have 2 voiced versions in one adventure, probably one would have to create 2da text tables and add all the names of all the sound files in the tables.
Besides, not so many people are interested in adventures for the first Witcher game. About 100 people downloaded the new voiced version of "Entrapped" and a month passed since the date of the publication (oh, where are the good old days of the initial release when there were hundreds of downloads per day? :)
I highly recommend you joining forces with a person or a team working on an adventure for "The Witcher 2" or on a standalone game :)
Once again, thanks a lot for your interest and your offer. If I have any new material to be voiced, be it an adventure for "The Witcher 2" or something else, I will certainly contact you.

I'm happy to inform you that the final version of "Entrapped" has been released today. It is version 1.1.1 and there won't be any more updates to the adventure. This is my farewell to modding "The Witcher 1". Modding for this excellent game was very often hard work and took me thousands of hours but it was also very, very rewarding. For those of you interested, here's the changelog for "Entrapped":
Version 1.1.1 final
  • some dialogue lines of the old peasant man have been re-recorded;
  • added missing Geralt voice files in the dialogue with the dwarf in the Ice Chamber ;
  • added missing sentence in the dialogue with the carpenter;
  • dialogue flags have been revised in many dialogues, dialogue lines not related to Geralt's current situation have been blocked ( e.g. in the dialogues with the innkeeper's wife, dwarf in the town, dwarf in the Ice Chamber, elf woman, wraith, carpenter), new short responses are available now (elf woman, Anna, dwarf in the town, big golem);
  • few corrections in English and German language versions;
  • fixed the script responsible for the behavior of the innkeeper's wife in the last phase of the quest "Vampires at the inn" and in the plot line connected with Geralt's entrapment in the Guest Chamber;
  • script connected with Andre's behavior under the Treasure Chamber has been corrected;
  • fixed the script responsible for Officer's behavior before his death, black screen error should no longer occur;
  • fixed Wildcat icon in the Journal;
  • fixed descriptions of some placeables and items;
  • small corrections in the Golems Chamber;
  • fixed critical bug connected with Geralt's teleportation to the village before the final part of the main quest;
  • fixed critical bug connected with triggering the dialogue with the golem under the Treasure Chamber too early and blocking the end in the village;
  • leaving the town without talking to the innkeeper's wife is now connected with something negative (not only with earlier failure of the side quest) and influences the dialogue with wraith;
  • changed the name displayed after drinking the potion in the town;
  • changed water FX under the Treasure Chamber;
  • long fight with the big golem can be avoided if Geralt has the rune of control.
Version 1.1
  • added Polish voice-overs;
  • added German translation by Vinyamar;
  • corrected many descriptions of quest items and of placeables;
  • the big golem is a bit tougher opponent now;
  • corrected many dialogue files, added new dialogue flags;
  • fixed critical bug blocking the side quest with the imprisoned woman when we go to the wraith very quickly;
  • ladder doesn't disappear now before entering the underground;
  • effects of Wildcat potion last longer;
  • added missing graphics shown at the ending in the Guest Room;
  • added a module graphics shown in the adventures selection menu;
  • created an installer for the adventure.

Have fun with the adventure :)

This was one of the first fan adventures I played back in 2009 and I have fond memories of it. I'll have to give another playthrough now that's there's a new release.

You can always try an alternative route
the way of the mage or the way of the warrior
see a different ending -- e.g.
ending in the Treasure Chamber if you fulfill a quest at the inn
Besides, there are multiple solutions to some puzzles/situations, e.g. there are at least five ways to deal with
the first golem
Anyway, the adventure should be more polished now. Have fun :)

Top Bottom