[TW1] [Bug Fix] Fix for the Vizima Confidential Problem

+
Thanks for the hotfix! I had that problem occured. Glad I didn't have to start the game over!

osonux said:
Thanks for the hotfix! I had that problem occured. Glad I didn't have to start the game over!
You're welcome! I'm glad to know that there are people who are finding this fix useful.

minosette said:
Thanks so much for this you saved my file! I was about to go crazy and load an old save file but I found this. Thanks again!
I'm glad to hear that people are finding it useful! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

It won't let me repack the save once I've done all the steps, I get this error: Unable to save file

java.io.IOException: Resource 'C:\Users\bob\Documents\The Witcher\saves\000044.tga' not found

TWEditor.PackFile.run(PackFile.java:52)

Please help. This is so frustrating.

Disregard my last post, for whatever reason I was trying to unpack the save into the wrong folder. Thank you so much to everyone who helped with this!!! :)

You are just awesome! Thanks a lot. I was worried about my save won!t by playable, then I found this.. Well, thanks! :)

Rjvenech, Charlie Brooker, and MrGwindol, thanks for letting me know that the fix helped you. I'm glad you can continue playing The Witcher; it's a wonderful game, and I hope you'll enjoy it.

Hey, I appreciate the amount of effort you've gone to :) I just seem to be having trouble getting it to work correctly, as far as I can tell, the journal entry is there but the dialogue required from raymond to complete this quest isn't happening for me, the conversation is still looping, any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Joel1991 said:
Hey, I appreciate the amount of effort you've gone to :)
Thanks!

Joel1991 said:
I just seem to be having trouble getting it to work correctly, as far as I can tell, the journal entry is there but the dialogue required from raymond to complete this quest isn't happening for me, the conversation is still looping, any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

When people have trouble with this bugfix, usually one of three things has gone wrong:

1. They didn't put the fixed quest file into their saved game properly (or they forgot which one they fixed, so they're trying to use a saved game without the fixed quest file).
2. They didn't install the supporting files properly (everything from they forgot to unzip them to they put them in the wrong place to they put them in one version of the game but are playing another version).
3. The files got corrupted during download and need to be redownloaded.

What I propose is that you send me the saved game into which you've inserted the fixed quest file. (Zip it, then upload it somewhere that doesn't require registration for download, like MediaFire, then send me the URL.) I'll download it and check it for you, which should enable me to diagnose the problem.

I'm sorry for bumping this thread. I'm new to the forums and The Witcher series, so if there's an etiquette breach or something, I apologize. I'm posting because I'm having the bug that this is supposed to fix. Unfortunately, when the kid came to say Raymond wanted to talk to me, I was worried that talking to Raymond might advance the story too far and make it so that I couldn't complete some of the optional quests. For that reason, I completed a large number of optional quests before going to Raymond. I do have a save from when I can proceed properly, but it would mean going back two full days of playing, losing several levels, and needing to re-do a whole bunch of quests, including some of the less interesting ones (get x of item and bring them to y.)

Therefore, I would like to try this. However, I'm having issues with the Saved Game Editor. It's saying that it can't find a language. I found a "fix" for that in the readme for the Saved Game Editor, but the instructions are a little vague for my level of computer expertise. I'm pretty good with computers, but from what I can see searching Google, the fix is fairly complex, involving Java programming and whatnot.

If there are easy steps to get the Saved Game Editor installed, I'd appreciate if someone could direct me to those. If not, I'd be forever in someone's debt if someone could take a look at my file and see if they can fix it (using this tool or other methods) and re-post. I understand that that it can be a complicated process, and I certainly don't expect anyone to take time to do it, but if someone did, I'd appreciate it so much. I'm really enjoying the game, but having to replay so much is unappealing to me when I've worked pretty hard to level my character.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide. I attempted to attach my file to this post, but I'm having difficulty getting it under the 250K file size limit. Even putting it in a zipped folder, it's way too large. Any ideas for that? (I'd be happy to e-mail it if there's no way to attach it on the forum).

Problems with the Saved Game Editor should be addressed in the Saved Game Editor thread. I'm afraid I don't support the Saved Game Editor, since I didn't make it, but Tommy or Guy can probably help you get it up and running.

If you can't get it running, upload your saved game to a place like MediaFire (zip it first, please), send me a PM with the URL, and I can pop the hacked quest file into your saved game for you, since doing that is the work of seconds.

Corylea said:
Problems with the Saved Game Editor should be addressed in the Saved Game Editor thread. I'm afraid I don't support the Saved Game Editor, since I didn't make it, but Tommy or Guy can probably help you get it up and running.

If you can't get it running, upload your saved game to a place like MediaFire (zip it first, please), send me a PM with the URL, and I can pop the hacked quest file into your saved game for you, since doing that is the work of seconds.

Thank you. I'll see if they can help me.

I managed to get the Saved Game Editor working on my own (based on one of the suggestions in that thread). I followed your instructions and it fixed my game. Thank you so much for making this tool available. :)

Ruthian23 said:
I managed to get the Saved Game Editor working on my own (based on one of the suggestions in that thread).
Glad to hear it!

I followed your instructions and it fixed my game. Thank you so much for making this tool available. :)
You're very welcome; I'm always pleased to hear that my stuff is still useful.

My gratitude as well ... replaying after several years, I managed to escape this bug the first time, but it bit me hard this go. I actually did go see Raymond right away, but didn't have the 200 oren on me, and that was enough to produce the bug. I really wasn't looking forward to backtracking to a good save, because like the previous poster, I did a *lot* of sidequests trying to save up those oren. Very, very happy to be up and running with this fix :).

Many thanks from me, too :)!

I faced the bug today and thanks to your fix I can continue playing :)!

But I think it is very strange that there is no official patch for this bug!!!
Without your fix this bug is a show stopper. You can not complete the game if you run into this issue oO.

Top Bottom