TW1 GOG Backup Copy

+
TW1 GOG Backup Copy

I was wondering if you can still redeem your backup copy, as I was recalling that it would expire soon but the link to the backup copy on gog is still active.
So I'm not sure if my code is not working or that you can't get your backup copy anymore.

hmm you sure?
than I'll need to take a photo of my retail copy -.-

or is it possible to get my backup copy through registering the game (launcher)?
The code didn't work on gog but it worked for registering my game.

/E/: I tried it with a fake code and it was accepted too, so it doesn't really work.

RSIK4 said:
Try ThisI have problems redeeming my product key or my copy didn't come with product key, what should I do?First of all make sure you've entered the code correctly. If your key doesn't seem to work or you have misplaced your product key, please click here to visit CD Projekt RED's product code verification page.

I did that recently because my key didn't work either, they sent me a new key the very next day! So nice to have a digital backup, just in case ^^

RSIK4 said:
Try ThisI have problems redeeming my product key or my copy didn't come with product key, what should I do?First of all make sure you've entered the code correctly. If your key doesn't seem to work or you have misplaced your product key, please click here to visit CD Projekt RED's product code verification page.

RSIK4 said:
I did that recently because my key didn't work either, they sent me a new key the very next day! So nice to have a digital backup, just in case ^^

yeah I will do that
thanks for the help.

Vinthir

CD PROJEKT RED
I'll add that any code, or even typing nothing at all, will work just as well when installing the game because we removed DRM from the game. The game does not check the codes at all, you can just press ok when an old copy asks for a code during the installation. It will download the patch and that's it.

The codes these days are needed solely for redeeming the digital backup on gog.com/witcherbackup. If they don't seem to work then you use thewitcher.com/backup

Vinthir said:

thanks for the reply.
Dunno why I forgot this, since the EE version has the drm removed, silly me :p

on the "Required information" tab where you have to take sheet of paper and write down several things.

You have to write your signature. What is meant by that?
My nickname on this forum or my real name (which I don't really get why you'd have to write your real name)

Your handwritten name - it's to confirm the data you are providing us with is legitimate.
And sorry for a bit of confusion above, for a moment I thought it was about TW2, in any case in both games there is no DRM anymore. Also, in the first Witcher there is no need to register anymore, the option in the Launcher from the release versions of the game is obsolete by now.

I've used my nickname on this forum, is this ok?
If not do I have to use this formular http://www.thewitcher.com/backup/ again or can I directly send it to the e-mail adress where I got the confirmation mail?
I'm asking this because of the unique code which changes each time of course, so I'd have to take another picture.

Top Bottom