[TW1] [mod] Anduril - Flame of the West

+
[TW1] [mod] Anduril - Flame of the West

The sword wielded by Aragorn in the Lord of the Rings movies.
The mod is available at The Witcher VaultHave fun.Update:=======v1.1: - Fixed a problem where placeables are no longer usable if you installed the mod after you already looted the place. - Fixed a typo in the sword description.Attached to this post, are "custom_script" files for compatibility with the "Stuff" mod.

holy cow! how did you get these nss files? if only i could lay my hands on them :dreaming:and great sword of course :peace:didn't know you also play with models and textures

Thanks guys, well I'm not really a modeler, so it took me a little over two months to make that sword! :dead:
flashintheflesh said:
holy cow! how did you get these nss files? if only i could lay my hands on them :dreaming:
I used nwnnsscomp to decompile the scripts and rewrote them. It's not hard at all!
flashintheflesh said:
and great sword of course :peace:didn't know you also play with models and textures
Well, sadly, i'm a "jack of all the trades" kind of person, so i play with whatever i can get my hands on! :D

JSlash said:
JSlash said:
holy cow! how did you get these nss files? if only i could lay my hands on them :dreaming:
I used nwnnsscomp to decompile the scripts and rewrote them. It's not hard at all!Well, sadly, i'm a "jack of all the trades" kind of person, so i play with whatever i can get my hands on! :D
oh, then i'll try another method. i'll press CDPR for the scripts :p. there are results already but still lot of files are missinghttp://www.moddb.com/games/the-witcher/downloads/lua-nss-scripts

Dude!! That is AWESOME!! :eek:I didn't know they released any scripts!In fact, I just asked "ska-cze", of Projekt Red, a week ago, and he said they weren't planning on releasing any scripts soon!Thanks Flash! :beer:

no problem.these sripts were initially exclusively for ifrit modding team. i personally negotiated the need of the scripts release with devs in CDPR hq. they are public now.enjoy

Installation instructions are in readme.txt file.Copy the folder "Anduril" to your "Override" folder, choose the place where you want to find the sword and copy the appropriate files from one of the folders: ch1, ch2_3, ch4 or ch5. DO NOT copy all of them.Also, You don't need to start a new game, once you install the files you'll find the sword in the place you chose.

Didn't see this mod until now and when I saw your name I thought I must try it out.I installed the Anduril into data\override + scripts from ch2_3 as per instruction then invoked the game, load a saved game that has me near by the swamp's cave whose entrance has a nasty echinop.
Killed everything in the cave but couldn't find the Anduril, only the sephirot and a Temerian sword and misc. stuff and orens. I went to look also at the inner chamber where the mist is, but stil no sign of Anduril.

oh wow, pretty pretty pretty..... very nice work. I do believe this one is a "must have". thank you much!!!!!

distant said:
Didn't see this mod until now and when I saw your name I thought I must try it out.I installed the Anduril into data\override + scripts from ch2_3 as per instruction then invoked the game, load a saved game that has me near by the swamp's cave whose entrance has a nasty echinop.
Killed everything in the cave but couldn't find the Anduril, only the sephirot and a Temerian sword and misc. stuff and orens. I went to look also at the inner chamber where the mist is, but stil no sign of Anduril.
Make sure you don't have another instance of these files: "def_arealoaded.ncs" and "custom_script.ncs". If you do, just switch them temporarily until you get the sword then switch them back. Those files are there just to spawn the sword, after you get it you don't need them anymore.

OK that must be it. I found these two files also under "stuff" folder as well. Could I remove them without causing issue to my "stuff" items?

For the "Stuff", these files put the items in your inventory and keep them there, so once you've already started Ch2, they are not needed anymore.

Removed those 2 files from "stuff" and started from outside the cave worked (and probably before just looting would work too). If I started after looting then it didn't work.This raises a small issue: "stuff"'s scripts need to be there for new games, could they be renamed to anything else instead of being removed? I'm sure people want to keep them both around for new games as well.The Anduril's blue flame is veeeery nice! Man, that sword can really cause incineration! :beer: EDIT: Slash, I really like how the Anduril looks and want to keep the Anduril when upgrading to reforged sword: the parameters should change appropriately but the sword's model/texture/flame stay unchanged. Would be great if something like that can be implemented.

distant said:
If I started after looting then it didn't work.
I just tested again, and the weird thing is that it works if start the game through Djinni, but it doesn't in the actual game! :hmmm:I have no idea what might be causing it to behave this way but I'll look into it.
distant said:
This raises a small issue: "stuff"'s scripts need to be there for new games, could they be renamed to anything else instead of being removed? I'm sure people want to keep them both around for new games as well.
You can't rename "def_arealoaded", you don't have to anyway, it is the same in both mods, I just use it to call the other script. If you rename "custom_script" then you'll have to hex-edit the name in "def_arealoaded". But you can combine all the "custom_script" into one, or rename one of them, and call it from the other with "ExecuteScript" function. I'll attach the new scripts to the first post.
distant said:
EDIT: Slash, I really like how the Anduril looks and want to keep the Anduril when upgrading to reforged sword: the parameters should change appropriately but the sword's model/texture/flame stay unchanged. Would be great if something like that can be implemented.
Anduril is supposed to be a unique weapon, like the Harvall, you don't lose it when you forge new steel swords, and the fact that it becomes more powerful as you raise your level should keep it useful till the end of the game, but in the case of an opponent who is immune to all the effects, you can temporarily switch to another sword that does more direct damage.Of course, you can still change all the templates for the meteorite swords to the Anduril model, and attach the effects script to them, but then there will be no point of getting Anduril.

Oh wow. I didn't know it evolves with player's level like that. Is it comparable to other swords that Geralt finds as he proceeds in the game?( ie Gwalhir has 50% damage, G'valchir has 100% damage.)
...and the fact that it becomes more powerful as you raise your level should keep it useful till the end of the game...

Well, not exactly, I didn't want to make the sword too powerful, thus making other swords useless, so while the swords you mentioned do lots of direct damage, Anduril does only a 10% increase in direct damage, but compensates with more damage from critical effects that grow stronger when you raise your level, and benefit from bonuses from fighting styles or items. For example, if you apply a Perun rune stone, or drink a wolf potion, the sword will have a great chance of causing precise hit (with all styles not just group). Incineration, on higher levels, will last longer and cause more damage (but also depends on opponent's resistance). I just wanted to balance the sword as much as possible, so other weapons would still be useful.
distant said:
If I started after looting then it didn't work.
I fixed the problem, though i still don't know what's causing it. Check the updated file on the vault, I also updated the compatible scripts.

JSlash said:
In fact, I just asked "ska-cze", of Projekt Red, a week ago, and he said they weren't planning on releasing any scripts soon!
We were not going to release them publicly and keep them an internal help for Ifrit team, but were convinced otherwise some time after You wrote me.
Good luck in editing those - keep in mind, that it's a heavy ingerention in gameplay mechanisms, so it may cause lots of damage to "vanilla" version scripts if used unproperly.Also, great idea with the "growing" Anduril. :D

Top Bottom