[TW1] [mod] Blue Naiad texture that doesnt effect the Dryad-Morhen

+
gamewidow said:
I can't see any /practical/ reasons ;D -- sure plenty of aesthetic choices :peace:
I think you missed this important point:
gamewidow said:
The first time you get a pubic hair caught in the back of your throat, you'd agree.
So I most emphatically repeat, it is practical. Nothing spoils good oral like spasmodic gagging. That's why I shave myself, as well.

DokEnkephalin said:
Back on topic, there seems to be a problem with the .2da files in the Naiad pack. Whenever they're installed, other meshes disappear, such as the Reverend, Jethro, and the silver sword.
The new apperance.2da file at the start of the thread should fix this, if your using the 1.4 (EE) version of the witcher.

I'm sure you've already gotten emails/pm's by now Felldude, but the download link to the texture files is broken.Edit-The link is working now, looks like the server must've just been down temporarily. Cheers!

Vadaghar said:
I'm sure you've already gotten emails/pm's by now Felldude, but the download link to the texture files is broken.Edit-The link is working now, looks like the server must've just been down temporarily. Cheers!
nudecreator.info also has the files, however that site also goes down from time to time.

It would have been convenient for ignorant asses like myself if you had included instructions as to which sub-folder within The Witcher/Data we had to extract each file to. Do I put everything in Override? Right now the extractor's created a sub-folder called Data within Data where all the naiad files are stored. And the naiad tecture(that's the folder I extracted) hasn't changed at all.EDIT: Wait, do I have to start a new game to see her new texture? Because I believe I followed your readme's instructions to the letter and she instead has a corrupted texture that makes her look like she's made of lightning..

Right now the extractor's created a sub-folder called Data within Data where all the naiad files are stored.
Obviously "Data" means "Data", and the subfolder it created is actually supposed to be the SAME folder as "Data". The installation instructions, when followed correctly, worked perfectly pre-EE.However now, with the fix included, I'm getting the same issue as you. (see below)
godkingofdivineroad said:
EDIT: Wait, do I have to start a new game to see her new texture? Because I believe I followed your readme's instructions to the letter and she instead has a corrupted texture that makes her look like she's made of lightning..
Same exact thing happening to me. The Naiad's textures appear garbled. I'm extracting each of the files in each of the archive's subdirectories into the Override folder (WITHOUT maintaining directory structure). If this fixes it, I'll let you know.EDIT:Nope, that had no effect. I believe the EE fix file attachment may be corrupt; I'll try downloading directly from the linked site.EDIT:Nope, didn't work.Conclusion- Installed standard nude pack according to instructions. Installed EE fix. Naiad texture appears garbled/messed up. Dryad texture was fine.

So the files themselves are corrupt? I even re-downloaded both the mod and the 1.4 fix and tried again. Textures still corrupted. Does anyone have an alternate download link?

I still have know idea what is going on with the textures. Im going to assume that its is the .dds compression I used.Sorry for the hassle. EE changed more then I thought...I will download and recompress the textures in dtx 3 format, and if there if eveyone hasn't given up on seeing this thing fixed, maybe they can postthe answer as to if the problem was soulved.

Felldude said:
I will download and recompress the textures in dtx 3 format,
*blink* DXT3? I've been recoloring a bazillion people and things for the new adventure I'm making, and I haven't seen any humanoids saved in DXT3; they're all 1 or 5. Just to make sure we don't fall asleep, sometimes the head is one and the body is another. ::) (I assume you know that you can tell which format they're in now by opening them in WTV and looking at the stats on the bottom.)Photoshop Elements with the Nvidia plugins has TWO DXT5 versions; one says "DXT5 ARGB 8 bpp | interpolated alpha," and the other is called "DXT5_NM XY 8 bpp | using DXT5." I've been using the first one, and so far, nothing has crashed my game or failed to work.

It has been so long since I even looked at the files I dont remember much about them.Other then I had to hex the model file to change the texture it called for. Change the apperance.2da file adding a line to add a new charectar. And then use I believe it was the GFF editor made for NWN2 to alter the utc (I think it was UTC) file.Im grasping at straws untill I take the time to reinstall everything, I was hoping it would be something simple that would be easily fixed, but I can see that it wont be.(Insert exuse as to why I havent fixed this problem here.)

Since this seems abandoned (last activity August 2009) I fixed the problem (breaked Naiad texture in the EE version) formyself and I though to sharing it. I hope Felldude doesn't mind :beer:Here's the fix: http://www.mediafire.com/?jmyzzafgimv just replace the old files of this mod with these.screenshot (lowres) with this fix in EE game (and my own textures): http://i49.tinypic.com/34t67pd.jpg

Trying to get the fix for the enhanced edition.The link doesn' work can someone please post a link where you don,t have to become a member? thanks.I love Felldudes mods

LynxTT said:
Since this seems abandoned (last activity August 2009) I fixed the problem (breaked Naiad texture in the EE version) formyself and I though to sharing it. I hope Felldude doesn't mind :beer:Here's the fix: http://www.mediafire.com/?jmyzzafgimv just replace the old files of this mod with these.screenshot (lowres) with this fix in EE game (and my own textures): http://i49.tinypic.com/34t67pd.jpg
Nope don't mind, thanks for the fix. I will add it to the front.

Anybody with the fix still around? Could really use it. These mods are getting hard to come by these days. =\

Seems like the Link for the EE Fix is not working. Can´t find in anywhere else. Can someone please fix it, or upload it again.Thanks alot

Someone was working on it recently, actually. Here: http://tw1.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=29592.0I am coming back from a long, long hiatus & am farting around with things myself maybe some of us could work together...Glad this is still open for discussion.

Alv1n said:
Seems like the Link for the EE Fix is not working. Can´t find in anywhere else. Can someone please fix it, or upload it again.
I don't have the EE fix, but I do still have the pre-EE version, which I have just fixed again.These textures were made by Felldude, and the mod is his idea; I just updated it for the Enhanced Edition.Thanks to Tracido, who sent me some additional textures, there are two versions available:Blue Naiad.zip -- Medium blue without pubic hairBlueNaiadWithHair.zip -- Lighter blue with pubic hairWhat you download will be a zipped file folder with all the files you need in it. Download it, unzip it, and put all files in your Override folder. If you haven't got an Override folder, just make one. This goes in your The Witcher Enhanced Edition\Data folder, not in the place where your saved games are.If you start a new game, or if you load a saved game from before Chapter 4, the Naiad should be blue the first time you meet her. If you have a saved game in an area where the Naiad is already present, she might still be green when you first load that game, but when you exit the area and then come back, she'll be blue. (You can just duck into the Fisher King's hut or something like that.)This mod works fine with the unmodded main game and will work with some other mods. It will NOT work with mods that change the appearance.2da file, such as the Wolf Companion mod. It is useless for most fan-made adventures and will actively conflict with some of them, so make sure you remove it from your Override folder before playing fan-made adventures.

Top Bottom