[TW1][mod] Cute dog retexture

+
[TW1][mod] Cute dog retexture

Just a very little thing: At some point I got fed up with the look of the dogs in the game, so I made myself a cute retexture. I stumbled over it just now and thought I'd share. Don't ask me about race or anything, I'm a cat person. They're vaguely similar to Huskies, I guess. And of course I can't find a picture right now. Maybe I'll add one later.

Installation: just extract the archive into your override folder. Simply remove again, if you don't like.

Note: if you have Roxtars HighResCharacters mod installed or another mod that changes creature's appearance, you have to remove the cr_dog1_c1.dds file of that mod (or just add .bak to the filename, so you can restore it easily if you want it back).

Enjoy. :)

They stripped the attachment from the post and apparently I am not allowed to attach a rar file at this time. I'll look into my settings some more and see what I can come up with. Thanks for your request.

Edit: the forum just didn't like the archive format, made a zip and re-attached it to the first post. Hope you like.

Thank you so much!
This is going to make getting Dog Lard a lot harder, now that the dogs are so cute.

Squigette said:
Thank you so much!
This is going to make getting Dog Lard a lot harder, now that the dogs are so cute.
I admit, I didn't really consider that... being a cat person, I compartmentalize and... well... you know... "you are not a dog! You are a pot of lard!"

Squigette said:
Thank you so much!

Actually, you can find Dog Tallow from time to time (in cupboards and barrels and stuff and also on the dead bodies of some of the guys you might need to kill), and the quest is finishable not just in Chapter 2 but also in Chapter 3 (if it takes until Chapter 3 to find enough). I usually do the quest, and I never kill any dogs; I just wait until I find enough.

So you can have Delightful's cute dog AND finish the quest. No dogs need be harmed.

Dog Lard is the best grease in the game and I need too save up money to buy the Excellent Leather Jacket (bear fat and alchemist paste is good too, but super expensive).

My penniless little Geralt is just gonna have to grit his teeth and think of the orens he is gonna save by converting cute pups into cute little pink jars of Dog Lard!

Squigette said:
Dog Lard is the best grease in the game and I need too save up money to buy the Excellent Leather Jacket (bear fat and alchemist paste is good too, but super expensive).

My penniless little Geralt is just gonna have to grit his teeth and think of the orens he is gonna save by converting cute pups into cute little pink jars of Dog Lard!
You see, you just need to think of them being really cats and having nine lives. They respawn, and as long as you're not gonna kill the same one more than eight times, you're good.

DelightfulMcCoy said:
You see, you just need to think of them being really cats and having nine lives. They respawn, and as long as you're not gonna kill the same one more than eight times, you're good.

Nooooooo! Not the kitties, if grease came from cats I would really be sunk.
*Looks sheepishly at my cat sitting on my keyboard*

Squigette said:
Nooooooo! Not the kitties, if grease came from cats I would really be sunk.
*Looks sheepishly at my cat sitting on my keyboard*
Oh no! Now I've gone and made it worse! Not my intention, just forget I ever said that. ;)
Then just imagine these are not dogs, but evil aliens and they grow in number so fast, they need to be decimated regularly, before the invasion is complete!

Sounds like a nifty mod .

Hope you don`t mind a suggestion . Upload your mod to the witchernexus site . When these forums change over time the links to some of these threads become broken as well as the links to some files . PM me with the link and i`ll update it to Flash`s list along with with your more herbs mod .

Tommy said:
Hope you don`t mind a suggestion . Upload your mod to the witchernexus site . When these forums change over time the links to some of these threads become broken as well as the links to some files . PM me with the link and i`ll update it to Flash`s list along with with your more herbs mod .
Yeah, I've been thinking about that. Need to make screenshots and a complete package, though. I'll let you know once I've done that and thanks for the offer. :)

Top Bottom